PDA

View Full Version : Churchill Downs - 11/2 Friday

jonnielu
11-02-2007, 10:58 AM
Well, I hope that you did as much passing as I did yesterday, and had plenty left to hammer the 10th with.

We've got a whole new day here, and as usual, these are listed in the order of ability, you might sort further with those factors you hold dear.

1st - 5, 8, 2 (1, 6) - Nothing here really sends me, I'd be tempted to get 2 hot dogs on the way in today. But, if #6 looks sharp in the paddock, and takes money, I might be prompted to keep the extra hot dog in my pocket, so that my hands are free.

2nd - 12, 10, 2, 4 (1, 7) - #12 begs for close inspection, so does #10, but #12 is pulling on my antenna a little more. #2, and #4 almost make sense, and #1 and #7 are asking for some paddock scratch and sniff too.

3rd - 6, 7, 5, 3 (4) - This should lay out right in line, unless #4 is ready to come in and remind us that it is a horse race. Knock lightly unless you can see a solid reason to discount the #4. I'll be applying my usual sorting tricks.

4th - 4, 1A, 5, 11 (9) With no great ability separation for the contenders, #9 has to be considered as a threat to go all the way off of early giddyup. This looks to be more of a threat to the lineup here then any of the first'rs.

5th - 10, 2, 11 (3, 13) - The speedier ones look to have the better ability here, and cheap horses don't know the rules worth a damn. #3 and #13 might bring some value if they come to run.

6th - 3, 10, 8, 7 (13) - #3 and #10 will likely play by the rules and see if they can sneak up on #8 and #7 who hope to drop in for a quick kill. My antenna are out for #13, there could be a plan going here.

7th - 12, 6, 2, 4 (14) - If #14 is in, the question is readiness. I hate the 60 - 90 day vacation, usually it is back too soon. I'm going to evaluate this horse in the paddock to see if the opportunity door is open or closed.

8th - (6), 1, 5, 2, 3 - #6 brings another condition question along with the top ability. We do get some better clues though, 398 days is usually not too soon, and the comeback is to the same level, with work. Still calls for paddock inspection for me.

#1 brings an ability that can have you thinking that maybe the stable isn't stupid.

#2, #5, and #3 actually fit here while bringing an ability that can get the job done if anyone else doesn't come expecting a fight.

9th - 8, 5, 7, 9 (3) - #8 might be a little too lightly regarded here, while #7 may be just the opposite. #5 and #9 bring plenty of contention. #3 will be looking to screw up your exotic.

10th - 5, 11, 6, 13 (4) - Can any of the cheapies be reliable? If #13 doesn't make it, #4 would be a suitable replacement.

jonnielu
11-02-2007, 12:07 PM
9th race, scratches bring (1, 3, 4) into view. I guess #7, #9 are scared by #8.