PDA

View Full Version : TVG starts site in New York (w/Yonkers)

trigger
11-02-2007, 10:46 AM
"Television Games Network on Thursday launched an account-wagering website in New York on behalf of Yonkers Raceway, giving the company a legal foothold in the state for the first time.
The website, which will be open only to New York residents, will allow customers to place bets on a number of harness and Thoroughbred tracks, though the identity of those racetracks was not clear as of Thursday."

http://horseracing.sportsline.com/cbs/headlines/showarticle.aspx?articleId=23231

alydar
11-02-2007, 03:06 PM
Got an email about it. I did not realize that they charge per wager fees.

Once I saw that I deleted the solictation.

Zman179
11-02-2007, 10:17 PM
I refuse to pay extra to bet. The costs of the wagers are high enough.

Speed Figure
11-02-2007, 11:14 PM
For me I have no problem with paying 25 cents per bet. If I want to go to the fairplex and bet it's $4 to park, $3 to get in, $2.25 for the program, and I think $5 for the form, that's $14.25 before I make ONE BET!!! and don't forget about GAS...

alydar
11-03-2007, 03:21 PM
For me I have no problem with paying 25 cents per bet. If I want to go to the fairplex and bet it's $4 to park, $3 to get in, $2.25 for the program, and I think $5 for the form, that's $14.25 before I make ONE BET!!! and don't forget about GAS...

A great point and on of many reasons I almost never go to the track anymore. My point is that other ADW providers do not have these charges.

Zman179
11-03-2007, 04:57 PM

California bettors have been getting fleeced for so long that they probably don't feel it anymore. If NYRA demanded $7 for parking and a program on a daily basis, it might have more tellers than patrons.

If I'm not mistaken, Southern California charges those prices just for simulcasting!

theiman
11-05-2007, 01:34 AM
I have a friend who lives in NY and got an e-mail from TVG regarding Yonkers.

The e-mail was dated 10/11/07 and I am not sure if the stuff below was updated since that date..
The stuff I hi-lited in Red is interesting:

WAGERING ACCOUNT PROCEDURES
For your protection and privacy, a wagering account can only be accessed by the registered account holder with a valid account number and Personal Identification Number (PIN).
Our wagering system accepts wager amounts ranging from $0.10 to $9,999.00 per wager, subject to host racetrack restrictions. In the case of multiple wagers such as a daily double or an exacta box, the base wager is multiplied by the number of combinations to determine the amount of the total wager.
For your benefit, wagers placed through Yonkers AccountWagering systems are normally sent into combined (commingled) pools at the host racetrack and are subject to all host racetrack rules and restrictions. Pools that are unable to be commingled with the host track will be booked by Yonkers Raceway. Separate pools will be subject to the rules and regulations of the New York State Racing andWagering Board.
All wagers are final (i.e., no refunds or cancellations) when confirmed or accepted by our wagering system.
We reserve the right to refuse any wagering transaction for any reason.

The words normally and We reserve the right to refuse any wagering transaction for any reason? Imagine thinking you are betting something and Yonkers management doesnt want you to get down on a bet? Also, Normally can be very vague in legalese.

Also, Yonkers will book bets?

alydar
11-05-2007, 09:35 AM
I have a friend who lives in NY and got an e-mail from TVG regarding Yonkers.

The e-mail was dated 10/11/07 and I am not sure if the stuff below was updated since that date..
The stuff I hi-lited in Red is interesting:

WAGERING ACCOUNT PROCEDURES
For your protection and privacy, a wagering account can only be accessed by the registered account holder with a valid account number and Personal Identification Number (PIN).
Our wagering system accepts wager amounts ranging from $0.10 to $9,999.00 per wager, subject to host racetrack restrictions. In the case of multiple wagers such as a daily double or an exacta box, the base wager is multiplied by the number of combinations to determine the amount of the total wager.
For your benefit, wagers placed through Yonkers AccountWagering systems are normally sent into combined (commingled) pools at the host racetrack and are subject to all host racetrack rules and restrictions. Pools that are unable to be commingled with the host track will be booked by Yonkers Raceway. Separate pools will be subject to the rules and regulations of the New York State Racing andWagering Board.
All wagers are final (i.e., no refunds or cancellations) when confirmed or accepted by our wagering system.
We reserve the right to refuse any wagering transaction for any reason.

The words normally and We reserve the right to refuse any wagering transaction for any reason? Imagine thinking you are betting something and Yonkers management doesnt want you to get down on a bet? Also, Normally can be very vague in legalese.

Also, Yonkers will book bets?

This is not unique to Yonkers and their site. You will find similar language elsewhere.