PDA

View Full Version : ok adw.... what about tv???

price
11-01-2007, 11:18 PM
I see lots of support and rightfully so for more choices in the ADW market for USA racing. Do any of you guys feel the same way for tv signals? I dont mean HRTV VS TVG. I have RTN and it makes me very angry to have tracks that I cant see because of a TVG exclusive. I will thank the horsemen of NJ who made it a point with TVG to make them allow RTN to show the races from NJ. Maybe this is in the wrong forum...but im curious if anyone else feels my pain. I have tried to watch TVG at tracks like DMR or NYRA and I cant take it. I need the track feed without the distractions...banter and other useless "entertainment".

rrbauer
11-02-2007, 05:33 PM
I see lots of support and rightfully so for more choices in the ADW market for USA racing. Do any of you guys feel the same way for tv signals? I dont mean HRTV VS TVG. I have RTN and it makes me very angry to have tracks that I cant see because of a TVG exclusive. I will thank the horsemen of NJ who made it a point with TVG to make them allow RTN to show the races from NJ. Maybe this is in the wrong forum...but im curious if anyone else feels my pain. I have tried to watch TVG at tracks like DMR or NYRA and I cant take it. I need the track feed without the distractions...banter and other useless "entertainment".

I understand your frustration with the coverage that you get from TVG and HRTV in relation to the track feed which gives you continuous coverage from the paddock and saddling thru the end of the race.

IMO you should direct your ire at the tracks in question and the horse owners' associations who control the contracts for video signals.

trigger
11-02-2007, 08:31 PM

Have you tried turning the sound off ?

price
11-02-2007, 11:34 PM
Have you tried turning the sound off ?

Turning the sound off helps with the annoyances. However turning the sound off doesnt allow me to do other things while waiting for a post parade or the off. The beauty of the track feed is that I can multi-task doing other things and tune in when needed. Additionally turning off the sound does little to get the full race from a track like Turf Paradise who I have no idea why they would sign a TVG exclusive. Stretch runs...missed races...races shown an hour after the official...missed post parades...spotty if any odds info....no pool totals. For someone like me TVG and HRTV are grossly inadequate. The only saving grace of HRTV is that all the tracks they show are available on RTN.

rrbauer
11-03-2007, 09:09 AM
Turning the sound off helps with the annoyances. However turning the sound off doesnt allow me to do other things while waiting for a post parade or the off. The beauty of the track feed is that I can multi-task doing other things and tune in when needed. Additionally turning off the sound does little to get the full race from a track like Turf Paradise who I have no idea why they would sign a TVG exclusive. Stretch runs...missed races...races shown an hour after the official...missed post parades...spotty if any odds info....no pool totals. For someone like me TVG and HRTV are grossly inadequate. The only saving grace of HRTV is that all the tracks they show are available on RTN.

If you're playing Arizona racing then you deserve all the frustration that you can handle. High takeouts and their total a**holes towards horseplayers attitude makes them the worst bet in the "sport".

price
11-03-2007, 11:57 AM
If you're playing Arizona racing then you deserve all the frustration that you can handle. High takeouts and their total a**holes towards horseplayers attitude makes them the worst bet in the "sport".

I used TuP as an example of a small track using TVG. I happen to know some of the horsemen there and I try and keep up with how they are doing. Doing that is a challenge with the TVG model in place there. I dont play TuP or NYRA or DMR or HOL or KEE amongst others and havent for the better part of a decade. I have been "boycotting" over this issue long before ADW boycotts came into vogue.

In fact I generally agree with the comments about TuP management....place is horrible. However...if someone I know has a horse in race 3 today for example who likes their chances I might want to WATCH (not wager) on the event. With the TVG limited coverage how would I do that? I dont bother anymore...just wait for the charts now or a race replay on the net.

I look at RTN as totally seperate in terms of broadcasing. To me TVG not allowing RTN to show the track feed is the same as network TV not being allowed to show the game on TV due to a radio contract. Apples and Oranges.

I think you lack class by attcking me and wishing me ill will. I support those who rightfully stand up for themselves in the player against the track battles. Nobody deserves to be treated badly...even the lowly horseplayer.

price
11-03-2007, 12:57 PM
If it makes you feel better we can change TuP to Ruidoso or Zia Park..happy?