PDA

View Full Version : So what has changed??

Scav
11-01-2007, 06:56 PM
Nothing, besides a state that has alot of wagering revenue at stake forced these bonehead companies to work together for the up and coming Hollywood meet. All services will have it available to WAGER ONLINE. What a concept.

While I would like to salute California for having a clue, nothing has been accomplished with these buycotts, except some huffing and puffing in the media that essentially got swept under a rug.

stuball
11-01-2007, 07:20 PM
So why is it so quiet around here? Did the movement die?
Are the suits right? Just ignore them and they will go away...

I wonder......

Stuball :confused:

DeanT
11-01-2007, 08:30 PM
It's racing, so it takes somewhere between 25 and 35 years to effect change. We have to keep the pressure on :bang:

alydar
11-01-2007, 08:40 PM

I wonder......

No leadership

jillybeans
11-01-2007, 09:01 PM
No leadership...and not many fans left either,

Premier Turf Club
11-01-2007, 09:41 PM

I wonder......

Trust me, I'm not going away. :)

pandy
11-25-2007, 08:56 PM
Another thing I'd like to see PTC offer is parlays. As a player, I'd love to be able to structure parlays for multiple races and tracks, that would be great.

Premier Turf Club
11-26-2007, 09:33 AM
Another thing I'd like to see PTC offer is parlays. As a player, I'd love to be able to structure parlays for multiple races and tracks, that would be great.

Pandy:

We've got that in our work queue. Problem is we've got a lot in our work queue so we've got to prioritize.

I was never quite sure how much interest we'd have in parlays so I'm glad you weighed in. If there seems to be enough pent-up demand we'll move it up in the quque.

As far as what has changed, the answer is absolutely nothing. BONC and I had this discussion yesterday as a matter of fact. :bang:

pandy
11-26-2007, 10:06 AM
I don't know how many people bet parlays and I'd be interested in hearing from others who do bet them. I've done a lot of research on parlays and I've found that they increase my profit over straight win wagers, especially with my harness wagers. The thing about parlays is they allow you to choose your own Doubles or Pick 3's and I find that my win percentage is much higher in the races I like. Parlays also give a small bettor a chance to make bigger bets without digging into his own pockets.

joeyspicks
11-26-2007, 02:24 PM
I don't know how many people bet parlays and I'd be interested in hearing from others who do bet them. I've done a lot of research on parlays and I've found that they increase my profit over straight win wagers, especially with my harness wagers. The thing about parlays is they allow you to choose your own Doubles or Pick 3's and I find that my win percentage is much higher in the races I like. Parlays also give a small bettor a chance to make bigger bets without digging into his own pockets.

I bet parlays all the time......for the very reasons stated above. I love choosing
my OWN races. This is the primary advantage for me. I know someone will mention higher takeout. That really doenst matter to me as parlays have increased my profits. I do not have to fight the natural flow of the day (example: IF its a day when the favorites look good and are coming in....instead of looking around for a "good" price, I can go with my plays even if they are favorites. A simple three or four race parlay adds up pretty fast even with modest payoffs. Sunday is a typical example at Aqueduct.
(2) 3.60, (7)3.40, (8)3.30, (9) 4.20 The 2nd and 7th races were place bets and the 8th and 9th win. All modest payoffs and most any handicapper could have come up with these obvious picks. A simple $50 play gives a nice
profit vs $50 risk (and I took $100 "out" of the last play so my risk was reduced to the first 3 races.) The risk/reward is excellant. Sure its boring
but as Ive said before......making a profit (not picking winners) can be very boring. Ive learned to get my excitement elsewhere !

(The tight finish in the 8th was enough excitement ....
and the 9th was just as bad, however by then I was assured a profit for my efforts)