PDA

View Full Version : CD 11/1/2007

advancedcapper
11-01-2007, 11:27 AM
Does anyone like the chances of Storm Marcopolo in race 9? From a class standpoint, the horse looks to be in pretty light today. Interesting. Hasn't been in this country too long though.

ac

nostradumbass
11-01-2007, 12:07 PM
Considering the puny amount of money it was winning in those grade 1 "stakes" races in Argentina (probably called that because the loser is made into "steaks"), I wouldn't agree that it outclasses these at all

advancedcapper
11-01-2007, 12:55 PM
Class is class. He won what is the equivelent of our BC Sprint down there. They also work for peanuts down there, so money doesn't matter. I was just throwing the question out there to see the replies. I already know what the results of the race will be.

ac

bellsbendboy
11-01-2007, 09:37 PM
If this thread was a piece of clothing one could expect to find it in a goodwill store with a faded yellow tag on it. BBB

jonnielu
11-01-2007, 09:51 PM
Class is class. He won what is the equivelent of our BC Sprint down there. They also work for peanuts down there, so money doesn't matter. I was just throwing the question out there to see the replies. I already know what the results of the race will be.

ac

You should read the "What is class thread" before you come out with that kind of crazy talk.

advancedcapper
11-02-2007, 08:13 AM
Whereas I appreciate your wise comments on Storm Marcopolo and can now see you for what you really are, (one of those little guys who gets off on other peoples losses) I have decided to keep and eye on Storm Marcopolo and believe the trackmans comment that he swallowed his tongue at the 5/16 pole, thus causing the defeat. I did however lose $350 on him today ($300/win & $50 in supers) so that should keep you "jolly" for a while, but I will stand by my bet and play him back, as I am sure you will too now. Now need in replying, as i put ignorant. useless handicappers like you who like to throw losses in peoples' faces on "IGNORE". See ya, creep

ac

Robert Fischer
11-02-2007, 08:49 AM
Whereas I appreciate your wise comments on Storm Marcopolo and can now see you for what you really are, (one of those little guys who gets off on other peoples losses) I have decided to keep and eye on Storm Marcopolo and believe the trackmans comment that he swallowed his tongue at the 5/16 pole, thus causing the defeat. I did however lose $350 on him today ($300/win & $50 in supers) so that should keep you "jolly" for a while, but I will stand by my bet and play him back, as I am sure you will too now. Now need in replying, as i put ignorant. useless handicappers like you who like to throw losses in peoples' faces on "IGNORE". See ya, creep

ac

I had a super 62- 24568 -1234568 - 1234568. It came in 6-8-1-7.

If you want to follow a value horse out of that race , look to the 4 horse Shore. Shore is a pretty good horse. If he gets a good jockey in his next start, he will finish in the trifecta at this class&Surface&distance at a halfway decent price.

Sterling is a terrible jockey and he obviously didn't read the form or even bother to see who else was running. The race was so obviously set up for a speed duel with Sharp/Dooze/StormMarco/StormBagdad all figuring to be forwardly placed. Yet Sterling seemed to ask Shore out of the gate and did little to try to be conservative and pick up the pieces.
Sterling ran this one into the ground at turfway 2back, on a surface that Margolis shouldn't be entering this horse in. Maybe he wanted to see if this one took the poly in his 3rd try? ok ... fine now stick to the dirt and get a half-decent jock before you orchestrate a form set-back...:bang:

You can look back to how a veterans like Jose Lezcano and Willie Martinez had virtually perfect results with this horse sans the grossly misplaced Grade-3 races like the Iroquois Stakes.
He has a lot of hidden form.

Robert Fischer
11-02-2007, 08:58 AM
or if you look how Rene Douglas ran that race on the 8.

Douglas was going to get a paycheck from that ride. Common Sense and experience.
He assured himself good money with 2nd or 3rd at the worse. If the 6 didn't run he even had a small chance to win!

Sterling chirps his horse out and tries to make a slower horse get the jump on 4 sprinters:bang:

advancedcapper
11-02-2007, 09:03 AM
Here is my problem. I do play back "trip" horses, or horses that got "bad" or stupid rides. I play everyday and do well. If I were to put trip notes on every horse i saw with a bad ride or trip, I'd never have to handicap again, and I find the higher percentage of "trip" winners comes from horses I actually played in a race. Whereas your horse should be taken more seriously next time, I will go with mine if they come back together in the same race. But now that you basically saw what I did, I now HAVE to play him. Let's hope he wins and let's hope you play my "next time" horse in Storm Marcopolo. Good luck. I just stared handicapping Aqu & Crc. I'll see if I can get some picks out before post time. I have some errands to run too.

ac

jonnielu
11-02-2007, 09:13 AM

ac

I'm going to assume that this was directed at me. To the contrary, if you had just checked my ratings for the day, you might still have what you bet, plus what you could have multipled it by in the 10th. I take no joy in your losses or anyone elses.

9th - 5, 6, 3 (2) - My red flag just automatically starts waving around as soon as a foreign shipper shows up. It is usually the horse that you can't get any line on that ruins the day. And someone thinks enough of this one that it is favored. One strategy, if this horse takes money to 7/5 or lower, pass on a win bet here.

As far as insults go, every smart ass is going to get his share here. The smart ass that backs up, he will get fewer. If you start doing that before the Fat Man gets a hold of you, you will only be lightly scorched.

You haven't insulted me to the point that I wouldn't still take you to GP with me though.

advancedcapper
11-02-2007, 11:49 AM
Aqueduct inner track. The greatest thing since sliced bread.

And I still stand by my bet. Was definately the best horse in the race. Play back for sure.

ac

Robert Fischer
11-02-2007, 02:15 PM
Sterling got me again today!

Missed the jockey change from Borel to Sterling on a closer who Borel had gotten a response from in the past. Wasted $5 underneath and $2 to show.
Knuckleheaded mistake on my part. Never would have touched the horse.

(not always negative)
In the 3rd race at Churchill there was a nice example of what appears to be a small time Breeder/Owner/trainer operation. William & Judith Parke had a horse "Good Morning Nell". Noticeably well placed in each of its starts. They also selected one of the better second-tier jockeys (Hernandez). Good horsemanship was rewarded and what appears to be their only horse improved its record to 6-2-3-0 with a nice 2nd place finish at moderate odds. (and a nice exacta)

advancedcapper
11-02-2007, 03:25 PM
Only CRC and AQU. I hit a nice super in race 6 at CRC. Real nice.

ac

Ron
11-02-2007, 03:28 PM
Wow, redboarding in two threads.

advancedcapper
11-02-2007, 03:34 PM
Speak Engrish please. If it has to do with Storm Marcopolo, I stand by that. If it has to do with my CRC/AQU picks, the4y were posted before the first race. If you just learning the Engrish Langwidge, I am sorry.

ac

Tom Barrister
11-02-2007, 04:42 PM
Storm Marcopolo is unlikely to win until he drops into some kind of NW1x race or perhaps a 40k claimer (although that would be a tough test). Most of the Grade 1 stakes winners from Argentina don't become competitive until they drop down in to the mid-range (30k-50k type) claimers or low level allowance races.

Frank Angst
11-02-2007, 05:29 PM
When Invasor unretires and starts in a $40,000 claimer, Tom will fire!

advancedcapper
11-03-2007, 10:57 AM
Tom, Tom, Tom.........

He swallowed his tongue. I've seen horses collapse when this happens. This horse, swallowed at the 5/16 pole and gave up the lead just after. Surely he was better than he looked.

He is another tid bit that you may or may not know. Most S American imports are rushed into racing too early. Storm Marcopolo was too, but it is a fact that S American imports need 6 monbths before racing here. Most get shipped and run with 6-8 weeks and then improve, thus your reasoning you see here. this one has been he longer, but way short of the 6 months.

Bet him back and be rewarded. Not bad for a horse that ran the last 1/4 on one or two gulps of air, huh?

ac

jonnielu
11-03-2007, 08:23 PM
Tom, Tom, Tom.........

He swallowed his tongue. I've seen horses collapse when this happens. This horse, swallowed at the 5/16 pole and gave up the lead just after. Surely he was better than he looked.

He is another tid bit that you may or may not know. Most S American imports are rushed into racing too early. Storm Marcopolo was too, but it is a fact that S American imports need 6 monbths before racing here. Most get shipped and run with 6-8 weeks and then improve, thus your reasoning you see here. this one has been he longer, but way short of the 6 months.

Bet him back and be rewarded. Not bad for a horse that ran the last 1/4 on one or two gulps of air, huh?

ac

C'mon, I think that you are just trying to coverup your board reading saavy. You had to know he was dead at 8/5 or above.

Dahoss9698
11-04-2007, 01:27 AM
Wow, redboarding in two threads.

Still waiting for you to post a pick on any site. Again, real easy to "try" and be funny, while never taking a stand. Real manly stuff. No surprise. Sissy.

Tom
11-04-2007, 09:56 AM
Still waiting for you to post a pick on any site. Again, real easy to "try" and be funny, while never taking a stand. Real manly stuff. No surprise. Sissy.

Sissy? You are under the assumption that posting a winner makes you a man?
Wow. You need to raise the bar, dude. This aint the limbo.

Dahoss9698
11-04-2007, 10:47 AM
Sissy? You are under the assumption that posting a winner makes you a man?
Wow. You need to raise the bar, dude. This aint the limbo.

Wow, Tom so you know what I am thinking huh? Pretty special. I don't care if anyone ever posts a pick, but certain people never EVER take a stand, yet love mocking. Which essentially is chickens hit. That was the point, but I do appreciate you interpreting my thoughts.

PaceAdvantage
11-04-2007, 05:55 PM
If I keep closing threads due to personal baloney, and you guys keep on at it with the personal baloney, pretty soon, nothing left. Maybe that's the point, eh?