PDA

View Full Version : How, when,& by whom is a thread 'closed'?

BombsAway Bob
11-01-2007, 11:14 AM
I went to Mohegan Sun for a few days, & noticed a lively topic regarding TVG when I got back home & visited here...but the thread was "closed" to new posts! Is it the thread creator who determines when a Topic has run it's course, or is it an 'administrator' decision? Just Wondering...:confused:
Good Luck & Bombs Away!- Bob www.myspace.com/bobgrant3 (http://www.myspace.com/bobgrant3)

cj
11-01-2007, 11:22 AM
Either PaceAdvantage himself, or one of his helpers such as myself or BillW. There may be others, I'm not sure.

The creator can't close the thread to my knowledge.

BombsAway Bob
11-01-2007, 12:36 PM
Ok, then..with over 25 threads on Page 1 here, only the TVG topic has the "lock" symbol next to it...I guess I left "WHY is a topic closed"off my Question...

BillW
11-01-2007, 12:48 PM
Ok, then..with over 25 threads on Page 1 here, only the TVG topic has the "lock" symbol next to it...I guess I left "WHY is a topic closed"off my Question...

Typically when a thread degenerates to name calling or in general spins off into space. Essentially the criteria is "When we've had enough". Rarely the author will request either locking or removal of a thread, which is usually granted as he/she is the owner.