PDA

View Full Version : Imus, scoot over - Make room for the "Dog" !

Hosshead
11-01-2007, 02:22 AM
Gotta watch out for those "private" phone calls.
The National Enquirer will get ya.

When Rev. AL makes the decision on Dog's career, will it be thumbs up, or down ?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071101/ap_on_en_tv/bounty_hunter_slur

jonnielu
11-01-2007, 06:08 AM
He's done.

betchatoo
11-01-2007, 08:17 AM
I find racial slurs and bigotry disgusting. However, I would like to know who taped the conversation and how it got into the Enquirer. People have the right to privacy and to expect private conversations to stay that way This is America and, short of slander or yelling fire in a public building, you have the right to say whatever you want.

Obviously if it was his fault that the conversation was taped and the magazine got hold of it, it sheds a different light.

OTM Al
11-02-2007, 12:32 PM
Just as an interesting aside here, but we have no guaranteed right to privacy, at least under the constitution

http://usinfo.state.gov/usa/infousa/facts/funddocs/billeng.htm

Search the text for the word privacy and you will not find it. We have a protection from search and seizure from the government when done without proper procedure (or at least we did....) but as this was apparently recorded by his own son and not an agent of the government, the rule does not apply. And no one is telling him he can't say what he said, just that they don't want to be associated with him because of what he said, which in the private sector is completely fine. This guy is the one that was dumb enough to spout off in this manner, so to me the whole blame of what happened is at his own feet.

JustRalph
11-02-2007, 12:38 PM
Just as an interesting aside here, but we have no guaranteed right to privacy, at least under the constitution

http://usinfo.state.gov/usa/infousa/facts/funddocs/billeng.htm

Search the text for the word privacy and you will not find it. We have a protection from search and seizure from the government when done without proper procedure (or at least we did....) but as this was apparently recorded by his own son and not an agent of the government, the rule does not apply. And no one is telling him he can't say what he said, just that they don't want to be associated with him because of what he said, which in the private sector is completely fine. This guy is the one that was dumb enough to spout off in this manner, so to me the whole blame of what happened is at his own feet.

I can't believe such a straight laced looking guy would use the N-Word? What is this country turning into................. :lol:

ArlJim78
11-02-2007, 01:11 PM
I find racial slurs and bigotry disgusting. However, I would like to know who taped the conversation and how it got into the Enquirer. People have the right to privacy and to expect private conversations to stay that way This is America and, short of slander or yelling fire in a public building, you have the right to say whatever you want.

Obviously if it was his fault that the conversation was taped and the magazine got hold of it, it sheds a different light.
I guess it comes as no surprise really, but its now being reported that it was his son that made the recording and sold it to the Enquirer for "a lot of money".

someone said these folks give white trash a bad name. i agree.

Ron
11-02-2007, 01:45 PM
Ratings of the show were down and Chapman wasn't in the news. Now things are looking much brighter for the Dog.

kenwoodallpromos
11-02-2007, 03:11 PM
Privacy ends when the phone (or other communication device) signal leaves your house, except when the other parties prior agrees.

46zilzal
11-02-2007, 03:13 PM
Privacy ends when the phone (or other communication device) signal leaves your house, except when the other parties prior agrees.
Or when the rutabaga thinks you might help him out.

Tom
11-02-2007, 03:23 PM
So what do you use to judge Dog?
His words - spoken supposedly in private - in a FREE country, or his actions - as a successful bounty hunter taking criminals off the streets?

The people in this who are reprehensible are those who play the edited tapes over and over for a buck.

Greyfox
11-02-2007, 03:26 PM
I can't believe such a straight laced looking guy would use the N-Word? What is this country turning into................. :lol:

:lol: :lol:

46zilzal
11-02-2007, 03:29 PM
On the two occasions I watched that show (when there was NOTHING else on) this guy underwhelmed me. Seems he was more concerned about his hair and clothes than his "job."

The A&E network as a whole used to be a good place to learn and enjoy quality shows. I guess Jerry Springer's director must have moved there. That seems to be the standard now.

skate
11-02-2007, 03:30 PM
actually, he was very Pro Black in his conversation.

and and and I-MAN is Back.:jump:

DJofSD
11-02-2007, 06:22 PM
On the two occasions I watched that show (when there was NOTHING else on) this guy underwhelmed me. Seems he was more concerned about his hair and clothes than his "job."

You probably caught the episodes where they were getting ready to get married.

All I know is we need people like dog. And, I never ever would want to get on his bad side. You know, he did do time for murder.

Ron
11-02-2007, 08:30 PM
And a chain smoker. He couldn't chase down a turtle.

Greyfox
11-02-2007, 08:32 PM
Why tigers eat their young?

PaceAdvantage
11-03-2007, 04:49 AM
Apparently, Dog was talking about the black girl his son is dating, which is why the son zinged him with the tape sent to the supermarket tabloid....pay back is a bitch.....

Hosshead
11-03-2007, 11:57 AM
A&E has halted production of his show.

Iman back on the air next month in NY.

Tom
11-03-2007, 12:09 PM
Apparently, Dog was talking about the black girl his son is dating, which is why the son zinged him with the tape sent to the supermarket tabloid....pay back is a bitch.....

Dumb move for the son - now he has to get a real job.:lol:

Greyfox
11-03-2007, 12:49 PM
The son was out of prison and apparently violating the terms of his parole.
The "Dog" threatened to turn the son in for the violation. Something re: drugs.
The son retaliated by making the recording.

Tom
11-03-2007, 01:04 PM
Ah, family values in action!:rolleyes:

lilmegahertz
11-03-2007, 07:59 PM
I find it hard to believe this crap is on A&E. It is getting to the point where the only safe channel is TVG or animal planet......

JustRalph
11-03-2007, 08:17 PM
I find it hard to believe this crap is on A&E. It is getting to the point where the only safe channel is TVG or animal planet......

try the meerkats................... but it is a little violent

lilmegahertz
11-03-2007, 08:22 PM
True but it is not the violence I object to. It is the lack of anything intelligent in the shows content...

DJofSD
11-03-2007, 08:34 PM
try the meerkats................... but it is a little violent

Too late, the season is over.

lilmegahertz
11-03-2007, 08:40 PM
[sigh]...I guess it is Seinfeld reruns for me again....

Tom
11-04-2007, 12:03 AM
Not that there's anything wrong with that. :D

RaceBookJoe
11-04-2007, 12:15 AM
Earlier in the year, Dog was interviewed at my church and he talked about his Christian values. The good news for him is that if he asks, God will forgive him, unfortunately most of the media wont. He should have known better, there is no excuse for his actions.

Greyfox
11-04-2007, 12:30 AM
Earlier in the year, Dog was interviewed at my church and he talked about his Christian values. The good news for him is that if he asks, God will forgive him, unfortunately most of the media wont. He should have known better, there is no excuse for his actions.

I'm glad he spoke there. At your church that is.
But talk is cheap.
Have you checked out this guy's history?
He was in a Texas prison at one time for the first degree murder of a Jeremy Oliver.
He's had a number of wives, with whom he's had 12 kids.
With umpteen wives, and umpteen children,.... yuh he's been a wonderful Dad. :lol:
Maybe God will forgive him.
Pray tell. What Christian Values do you think this creep has ever shown?

bigmack
11-04-2007, 04:08 AM
I was at a chums house and he had that Dog program on. I wouldn't spend time watching it but it's my understanding he runs around predominantly scooping up meth addicts in a 4 profit enterprise. Not exactly rivoting television although I strongly applaud his capture of that cockroach, multi-rapist, Max Factor heir, swine.

I was raised on the mean streets of suburban Chicago and can honestly say that I've never used the N word in my life and find it a fairly vile epithet. The chasm of its use is wide and is often confusing for those of us who hear it within songs, on the street & so on with variation on its phonetic delivery. No better illustration of that chasm can I think of than that found in this film clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty3SArUjgvQ

chickenhead
11-04-2007, 07:57 PM
Never really even think of the N word, certainly not in relation to AA's...but, in the rare times when Brazil Nuts are present, it's a certainty.

JustRalph
11-04-2007, 10:45 PM
Never really even think of the N word, certainly not in relation to AA's...but, in the rare times when Brazil Nuts are present, it's a certainty.

:lol:

skate
11-05-2007, 04:07 PM
actually, i prefer to think of the problem being the fact that any word is prohibited.

i mean what the hellll (upps), words (like anything else) get more popular when forbidden.

PaceAdvantage
11-06-2007, 01:20 AM
For those having trouble posting YouTube clips, when you click the YouTube icon when composing a reply, simply cut and paste the code at the end of the YouTube url....

For example:

Here's the link to this year's BC Classic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsLOcQYi9ys

You would take only the portion after v= and enter that in between the YT brackets that appear after after you click the YouTube icon....so in this case, you would enter XsLOcQYi9ys in between the brackets and you'd get this:

XsLOcQYi9ys

If you want a title, then you'd enter BC Classic or whatever you want in the prompt box that appears after you click the YouTube icon