PDA

View Full Version : Good

46zilzal
10-31-2007, 06:44 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/10/31/funeral.protests.ap/index.html

delayjf
10-31-2007, 07:02 PM
I wonder if the ACLU will handle the appeal.

GaryG
10-31-2007, 07:06 PM
zilly - I doubt you can post a thread with an original idea.

delayjf
10-31-2007, 07:22 PM
While I actually agree with the ruling in that it was an offensive intrusion into that family’s privacy at a time of mourning, I can’t help but wonder what the lefts attitude would be if that same ruling had come down on an Anti-War group holding up signs calling the fallen Marine a baby killer.

kenwoodallpromos
10-31-2007, 11:56 PM
The church and libs had a common enemy- the USA.
"Church members routinely picket funerals of military personnel killed in Iraq and ****Afghanistan, carrying signs such as "Thank God for dead soldiers" and "God hates fags."

Robert Goren
11-01-2007, 03:56 AM
When has "the left" ever picketted a funeral? Bush, military recruiters, returninng troops, the Pope, and even starbucks! But I have never heard of a funeral.

hcap
11-01-2007, 08:02 AM
The church and libs had a common enemy- the USA.
"Church members routinely picket funerals of military personnel killed in Iraq and ****Afghanistan, carrying signs such as "Thank God for dead soldiers" and "God hates fags."Your full of shit

delayjf
11-01-2007, 01:14 PM
Robert,

When has "the left" ever picketted a funeral

Your right, to my knowledge they have not. Not that I would put that past them. I recall recently were some anti-war nut actually killed some innocent bystander in Europe with an axe.

My point derived by my opinion that 46 was enthralled by the Judges decision against these morons for their affiliation with a church, rather then their despicable acts.

46zilzal
11-01-2007, 01:19 PM
Robert,

My point derived by my opinion that 46 was enthralled by the Judges decision against these morons for their affiliation with a church, rather then their despicable acts.
Bull shit.

kenwoodallpromos
11-01-2007, 01:53 PM
Your full of shit
Since you put only 1 word to the post (1 more than some) I assumed you were in greemwnt that funerals are fun to disrupt to get publicity, and that you agrre with them that "Members of the group sang "God Hates America" to the tune of "God Bless America."
Of course, their signs "proving" that they have the best connection.

hcap
11-01-2007, 02:36 PM
Since you put only 1 word to the post (1 more than some) I assumed you were in greemwnt that funerals are fun to disrupt to get publicity, and that you agrre with them that "Members of the group sang "God Hates America" to the tune of "God Bless America."
Of course, their signs "proving" that they have the best connection.I am in agreement that your still full of shit.

You said.The church and libs had a common enemy- the USA.Comparing this so-called church to all liberals is your fantasy. Why don't you come right out and say all liberals hate the troops??

Actually I wouldn't mind disrupting some blathering idiots funeral.
Want to volunteer?

Robert Goren
11-01-2007, 03:51 PM
When dealing with whackos, it isn't fair to compare them to either the right or the left for their actions. Heaven knows both sides have plenty of nut cases. If you go far enough out on either end you will find people who hate the US government. I do think it is stretch to say just because you don't agree with the current government policies that you hate the USA. That would mean that people who disagreed with policies in the 90's hated the USA in the 90's. I don't think that was true.

kenwoodallpromos
11-01-2007, 10:35 PM
To qoute HCap- "Actually I wouldn't mind disrupting some blathering idiots funeral."
The "blathering idiot"'s funeral that was disrupted was a person who died in a non-combat vehicle accident, but of course libs (I did not say ALL libs) are glad he's dead and would love to see me dead after thoroughly trashing me and everyone else with immature name-calling. The few times I see more than a 1-word post on off-topic seems to include name-calling of someone.
Well, I certainly did plenty of Viet Nam war protestring, but I never carries sign of the type they did. And I never called a dead soldier a "blathering idot" or wished anyone with a different opinion death.

hcap
11-02-2007, 06:34 AM
You are the one that trashed "libs" as you put it.
You said.The church and libs had a common enemy- the USA.

Also

"I assumed you were in greemwnt that funerals are fun to disrupt to get publicity, and that you agrre with them "
The first statement proves you are full of it, and the second illiterate sentence proves you blather. and are an idiot, as well as trashes me. So it should be obvious I was talking about you. Never the serviceman who was the target of that whacked out church.

hcap
11-02-2007, 07:27 AM
http://static.crooksandliars.com/2007/10/fredphelps.gif

You had the gall to imply "libs" agreed with this? This is despicable. And so is your comparison. You should be drawing some conclusions about extreme fundamentalist religious lunatics and how hate masquerades in the name of religion. Yes any religion. Not political groups.

I am glad the jury awarded the family enough to bankrupt this so-called church.

Tom
11-02-2007, 07:32 AM
To qoute HCap- "Actually I wouldn't mind disrupting some blathering idiots funeral."

Who but a blatheirng idiot would say something like that?
I don't think you need law for these nut cases - you just get a group toheter and go stomp them into the ground - and have enough witnesses to counter thier story. End it fast.

hcap
11-02-2007, 07:40 AM
Who but a blatheirng idiot would say something like that?
I don't think you need law for these nut cases - you just get a group toheter and go stomp them into the ground - and have enough witnesses to counter thier story. End it fast.Are you volunteering?

I could do a "2 for 1" :jump: