PDA

View Full Version : HorsePlayers Roundtable Friday Night Talkcast Nov 2nd 9pmET

richrosa
10-31-2007, 06:36 PM
This Friday, November 2nd at 9pm ET, you are invited to a public talkcast.

Like our Breeders Cup Talkcast, we will feature most of our talented panel listed below.

Currently our panel includes (not finalized)

Richard Rosa - moderator - principal HandicappingOS
Ian Myers - principal Premier Turf Club
John Del Riccio - Professional Handicapper and principal of Woodside Associates
Joe Riddell - former trainer, bloodstock agent and physicality expert
Boomer Wry - Announcer at Yavapai Downs and Handicapper
Jeff Platt - principal J Capper
John R - professional handicapper

Our agenda will be:
Breeders Cup recap and handicapping review
Play of the week from our panel
Hong Kong Racing discussion
Listener questions

You DO NOT need to register to listen live or recorded on the website or to call-in.

This will be very interactive as we will be talking questions and comments live from those of you who can join the talkcast. In order to participate in and ask questions, you will need to register at the TalkShoe to get a PIN. You don't need to download any software, but it does make it easier to participate.

To listen live, all you need to do is to dial into the following phone number:

Phone Number: (724) 444-7444
Talkcast ID: 63330

or you can listen at the TalkShoe website

Link to the Talkshoe.com webpage for more details.
http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/we...Id=63330&cmd=tc

If you can't make it don't worry. This will be recorded and available as a podcast immediately following the Talkcast.

john del riccio
11-02-2007, 07:33 AM
This Friday, November 2nd at 9pm ET, you are invited to a public talkcast.

Like our Breeders Cup Talkcast, we will feature most of our talented panel listed below.

Currently our panel includes (not finalized)

Richard Rosa - moderator - principal HandicappingOS
Ian Myers - principal Premier Turf Club
John Del Riccio - Professional Handicapper and principal of Woodside Associates
Joe Riddell - former trainer, bloodstock agent and physicality expert
Boomer Wry - Announcer at Yavapai Downs and Handicapper
Jeff Platt - principal J Capper
John R - professional handicapper

Our agenda will be:
Breeders Cup recap and handicapping review
Play of the week from our panel
Hong Kong Racing discussion
Listener questions

You DO NOT need to register to listen live or recorded on the website or to call-in.

This will be very interactive as we will be talking questions and comments live from those of you who can join the talkcast. In order to participate in and ask questions, you will need to register at the TalkShoe to get a PIN. You don't need to download any software, but it does make it easier to participate.

To listen live, all you need to do is to dial into the following phone number:

Phone Number: (724) 444-7444
Talkcast ID: 63330

or you can listen at the TalkShoe website

Link to the Talkshoe.com webpage for more details.
http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/we...Id=63330&cmd=tc

If you can't make it don't worry. This will be recorded and available as a podcast immediately following the Talkcast.

Since I will be unable to participate, I thught I'd chime in here with soem thoughts on BC day.

I really thought they'd consider cncelling the races and running on sunday, they'f had a fast track to run on and it may have been better for everyone involved but it would have also messed with many peoples (& horses schedules).

The track changed speeds several times during the course of the day and some very nice horses simply didn't handle it while others did. There were many horses that had never set foot on on off track (dirt) so having any real insight into how they'd perform was lacking for sure.

I almost always refuse to bet any horse coming off a BC race because they most always get overbet and underperform. This year, I will likely take the excat opposite approach for the horses that simply didn't fire.

John

richrosa
11-02-2007, 04:35 PM
We had a few cancellations tonight. Everybody is suffering from post-BC overload. Its a little too late to get fill-ins. We'll be doing this show shortly and post the info to the board here when it is rescheduled.

onefast99
11-02-2007, 04:47 PM
Since I will be unable to participate, I thught I'd chime in here with soem thoughts on BC day.

I really thought they'd consider cncelling the races and running on sunday, they'f had a fast track to run on and it may have been better for everyone involved but it would have also messed with many peoples (& horses schedules).

The track changed speeds several times during the course of the day and some very nice horses simply didn't handle it while others did. There were many horses that had never set foot on on off track (dirt) so having any real insight into how they'd perform was lacking for sure.

I almost always refuse to bet any horse coming off a BC race because they most always get overbet and underperform. This year, I will likely take the excat opposite approach for the horses that simply didn't fire.

John

The track has played this way since May when Monmouth opened. Sometimes the rail got so bad that the jocks said they could feel the horses bog down around the 1/2 milemarker. In the stretch when it rains the rail is dead no matter what they do to it. In August they brought in another track expert to help cut up the track and make it a bit slower, when Jbreds are going 108:2 for 6 panels somethings not right.

boomman
11-03-2007, 03:43 AM
Just wanted to let the board know that I was unable to participate because was on an airplane to So Cal for the AQHA conference. Will return soon, and hope you guys had a GREAT one, and I look forward to serving on a panel again in the future!:)

Boomer

Tom
11-03-2007, 11:39 AM
Where can you find the podcast? The link above doesn't work.

richrosa
11-03-2007, 02:43 PM
Last weeks is available at this address.

http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/talkCast.jsp?masterId=63330&cmd=tc

or

http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/talkCast.jsp?masterId=63330&cmd=tc

We'll be doing another next Friday when more people can make it.

john del riccio
11-10-2007, 07:02 AM
This weeks talk is canceled due to conflicting schedules.

John

richrosa
11-10-2007, 08:32 AM
Our problem is that we keep trying to get a BC review TalkCast with the crew we had on two weeks ago. That isn't working out. I'll suggest that next week we just do it with whoever can make it, then try to make it a regular thing with a rotating cast as I suggested.

MNslappy
11-16-2007, 02:35 AM
It's Friday, is there anything happening with this tonight?

beertapper
12-01-2007, 01:00 AM
any plans for future roundtables?

boomman
12-01-2007, 07:37 AM
any plans for future roundtables?

beer: I've told Rich that I will participate any time that I will be in town, but unfortunately, I haven't been around much lately. I do think that we will probably be able to bring the discussions back after the holidays and when everyone's schedules have "calmed down just a bit"........:)

Boomer

richrosa
12-01-2007, 08:43 AM
We've had a bit of a scheduling issue. Boomer and I both seem to travel a lot, so finding a time has been a bit of a problem.

What we're going to try to do is settle in on a time, possibly Friday nights at 9pm or 10pm ET, then have the core group participate as much as possible, with other folks being brought in, who will eventually be part of the core, that way we have a good format with a lot of opinions. Once this is off the ground a bit, we'll rotate the moderator spot for when I'm not around.

I'm glad there's interest in this, which encourages us to do it. We sorta hinged ourselves on doing a BC recap that never could get scheduled. Now that we're past that, we should start gearing up for the winter racing season, plus there's no shortage of general racing/fan/gambling issues to talk about too.