PDA

View Full Version : Youbet reorts BC handles; Where is TVG and TrackNet?

NoCal Boy
10-31-2007, 05:26 PM
I guess the vast majority did not follow the lead of some vocal members here and pull their money out of Youbet prior to the BC. It reported only a 1% decline in wagering for Friday and Saturday despite the steep decline in BC wagering on their site and overall. They have also improved their website by adding additional features in the last week or so.

Now, where are the BC handle numbers for TrackNet's ADW's? Or TVG?

Wouldn't the Breeders Cup be somewhat of a good indicator of how the competition fared against each other since all offered it?

I am a Youbet subscriber and want to see them do well so I am admitedly baised in favor of their platform. But there are also plenty of others here who are biased in other directions. It just would be nice to see some BC numbers out of all the major ADW's. My guess is TVG will report in the next day or so. They historically do the best.

Bobzilla
10-31-2007, 05:44 PM
I was at the Breeders' Cup this past weekend and was doing my playing at the windows with cash. Having said that I do have some money in a YouBet account as that's the only way I can currently play New York. You're much more up on this stuff than I am, so is there really a true reason as to why there should be a "run on the bank" in regard to YouBet accounts when the federal investigation is of YouBets subsidiary IRG? My understanding is that the Feds have siezes IRG bank accounts. Any money in a YouBet acount is probably safe.... or am I out of my mind for assuming that?

trigger
10-31-2007, 05:49 PM
I guess the vast majority did not follow the lead of some vocal members here and pull their money out of Youbet prior to the BC. It reported only a 1% decline in wagering for Friday and Saturday despite the steep decline in BC wagering on their site and overall. They have also improved their website by adding additional features in the last week or so.

Now, where are the BC handle numbers for TrackNet's ADW's? Or TVG?

Wouldn't the Breeders Cup be somewhat of a good indicator of how the competition fared against each other since all offered it?

I am a Youbet subscriber and want to see them do well so I am admitedly baised in favor of their platform. But there are also plenty of others here who are biased in other directions. It just would be nice to see some BC numbers out of all the major ADW's. My guess is TVG will report in the next day or so. They historically do the best.

C'mon, NoCal Boy, Youbet subscriber only?....... no other financial interest in Youbet making you baised in favor of their platform?
Also, why no news from Youbet on their IRG BC handle?

NoCal Boy
10-31-2007, 05:54 PM
Unless you figure Youbet is lying in its SEC filings, there is no indication that Youbet's ADW operations are in any manner connected to the IRG investigation. IRG is an offshore rebate house, far different than Youbet, AmericaTab, XpressBet and others domestically in the US. I guess anything is possible, and the conspiracy theorists are always giving their two cents of pending gloom, but one would think Youbet would have to file an 8-k with the SEC if the Feds turned their attention directly to them given their statements in prior SEC filings that Youbet is not a target.

NoCal Boy
10-31-2007, 05:59 PM
IRG did not have the BC so the handle is a big fat zero. I did recently purchase some shares of Youbet for speculative purposes as I think there is value when this IRG mess finally gets resolved in some fashion, but I doubt the BC handles mean one iota to that share price. It does seem to show the core ADW business is not deteriorating. That is it for my interest in Youbet.

gIracing
10-31-2007, 06:08 PM
there is an ADW section of this forum for a reason

betovernetcapper
10-31-2007, 06:18 PM
there is an ADW section of this forum for a reason

:lol:

I keep forgetting-who owns IRG? I know it's not Microsoft and I know it's not CNN....damn, I just can't think of the owner of IRG..............

jillybeans
10-31-2007, 07:28 PM
Betonover...i am taking up a collection for a new door for Lou....what can I put you down for?

betovernetcapper
10-31-2007, 08:13 PM
Whatever it takes-I'm a firm believer in doors.

alydar
10-31-2007, 08:43 PM
Reading this board on a daily basis I am surprised to hear that anyone was considering pulling their money form Youbet or had much against them.

Jillybeans, if you are referring to Lou T., what is our problem with him? He is a very respectable individual. I am getting a little tired of your endless accusations. So far, nothing has happened in spite of all of your dire predictions.

I am not saying for even one minute that there are not issues and people are likely to be going down. But my hunch is most will be disappointed based on all the talk here, which by the way has gotten very quiet lately.

betovernetcapper
10-31-2007, 09:44 PM
So far, nothing has happened in spite of all of your dire predictions.

I don't know how you can say that nothing has happened. We've had the Feds seize bank accounts, IRG denied the Breeders Cup signals and the Oregon Racing Board vote to suspend their license. It's true nothing has happened today, but I'm floored by what's happened so far.
I'm also impressed by how accurate some of Jilly's predictions have been. I shouldn't be surprised however because he won the Signal Wars Journalism pool by a huge margin.

PaceAdvantage
10-31-2007, 11:53 PM
I guess the vast majority did not follow the lead of some vocal members here and pull their money out of Youbet prior to the BC.I must have missed that post. What vocal members pulled their money out of YouBet prior to the BC?

jillybeans
11-01-2007, 02:08 AM
Betover, why waste your breath? I am seriously considering coming out of retirement to open a door replacement service out here in Vegas. Its like a Who's Who list of offshore horse types out here in Sin City when I hear each day the name of another individual who had his door kicked in by our US Government. Sure glad I never got involved in this offshore monkey business.

jillybeans
11-01-2007, 10:53 AM
I believe i have provided fair updates concerning the 'front door' crisis that has apparently victimized the offshore bet types here in Las Vegas. Has anyone had reports of front doors being kicked in at other cities? Like Woodland Hills, Louisville, Barrington, etc?

northerndancer
11-01-2007, 11:48 AM
I don't know how you can say that nothing has happened. We've had the Feds seize bank accounts, IRG denied the Breeders Cup signals and the Oregon Racing Board vote to suspend their license. It's true nothing has happened today, but I'm floored by what's happened so far.
I'm also impressed by how accurate some of Jilly's predictions have been. I shouldn't be surprised however because he won the Signal Wars Journalism pool by a huge margin.

Bet I have found you to be a reliable and refreshing source of information and I thank you for that....... you have always stated accurate facts about the situations you comment....... why did you chose to taint the Oregon Racing Commission's decision concerning IRG....... you specifically state that IRG's license was suspended in your post....... according to the minutes of the ORC's meeting (that Ian posted on the thread) it states:

Gabliks: All this is - the motion before you is to prepare a notice of intent to suspend. That notice of intent to suspend will be served on IRG. It will contain all of the procedural requirements and protections that they have, one of which will be the right to request a hearing.

A noitce of intent to suspend is not a true suspension. I am sure you were just mistaken in your post.

rrbauer
11-01-2007, 11:54 AM
Whatever it takes-I'm a firm believer in doors.

Especially the ones that hit you on the ass on your way out!

:lol: :lol:

Premier Turf Club
11-01-2007, 12:23 PM
Gabliks: All this is - the motion before you is to prepare a notice of intent to suspend. That notice of intent to suspend will be served on IRG. It will contain all of the procedural requirements and protections that they have, one of which will be the right to request a hearing.

A noitce of intent to suspend is not a true suspension. I am sure you were just mistaken in your post.

Dancer': At this point in time, all the ORC could do (based upon conversations they have had with their attorneys) is notify IRG that they are in breach of their license requirements. My understanding is the specific breaches are

a) Failure to maintain an FDIC insured bank account.
b) Failure to honor withdrawal requests from customers.

The ORC voted on 10/19 to issue a notice of intent to suspend, and actually issued it on 10/22. I believe under ORC rules, IRG has 21 days to cure these deficiencies. If they do not, ORC can suspend IRG's license. However, under the rules, IRG is entitled to a stay of suspension pending a hearing before an administrative law judge.

I can't speak for what the ORC would have done, but on 10/19 they had no authority to suspend IRG's license even if they wanted to. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how this plays out. All I can tell you is they are not giving customers any timetable for when they can expect to receive their funds.

Unome, feel free to correct if I've made any errors here.

betovernetcapper
11-01-2007, 12:34 PM
ND, Your right-there is a distinction between a suspension and a vote to intend to suspend. My post should have read:

I don't know how you can say that nothing has happened. We've had the Feds seize bank accounts, IRG denied the Breeders Cup signals and the Oregon Racing Board vote to prepare a notice of intent to suspend their license, and IMO a notice of intent to suspend a license is very likely to be followed by an actual suspension of a license. It's true nothing has happened today, but I'm floored by what's happened so far.

jillybeans
11-01-2007, 12:41 PM
What happened to all the E-horse posters?

Frank Angst
11-01-2007, 05:13 PM
The 1% decline includes the three Friday races. So really handle is down quite a bit when you consider the comparison is between eight races last year to 11 races this year.

out

northerndancer
11-01-2007, 05:21 PM
Dancer': At this point in time, all the ORC could do (based upon conversations they have had with their attorneys) is notify IRG that they are in breach of their license requirements. My understanding is the specific breaches are

a) Failure to maintain an FDIC insured bank account.
b) Failure to honor withdrawal requests from customers.

The ORC voted on 10/19 to issue a notice of intent to suspend, and actually issued it on 10/22. I believe under ORC rules, IRG has 21 days to cure these deficiencies. If they do not, ORC can suspend IRG's license. However, under the rules, IRG is entitled to a stay of suspension pending a hearing before an administrative law judge.

I can't speak for what the ORC would have done, but on 10/19 they had no authority to suspend IRG's license even if they wanted to. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how this plays out. All I can tell you is they are not giving customers any timetable for when they can expect to receive their funds.

Unome, feel free to correct if I've made any errors here.

You are 1,000% on the money about what took place..... my only point was that the license was not actually suspended at this point but notice of intent was given by the ORC to IRG. IRG will have 21 days to cure the issues that the ORC has and if then they will meet again to determine if the license will be suspended.

As you know all too well misinformation is the root of many of the problems we as an industry face. Therefore it is my belief that if a poster provides non factual information then we all have responsibilities to correct that misinformation.

Unome
11-01-2007, 07:18 PM
I am seriously considering coming out of retirement to open a door replacement service out here in Vegas.

http://www.americanguardian.us/images/door_broken.jpg

Can I get a estimate jilly :lol:

jillybeans
11-01-2007, 08:59 PM
unome...if that door is that way as a result of overzealous Government agents I am offering a 20 pct. discount on all repairs or replacements.