PDA

View Full Version : This is how bad Philadelphia is now

harnesslover
10-31-2007, 11:28 AM
2 Police officers shot in seperate incidents 12 hours apart..

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/20071031_2_shootings_of_Philly_officers_within_spa n_of_day.html

And it's such a sad state of affairs that you cannot even find the humor in where the second shooting occured.

That place is getting flat out dangerous to even be near.

JustRalph
10-31-2007, 02:34 PM
These comments are incredible:

Asked about the recent spate of shootings of officers, Johnson said, "Somebody's got to realize we've got a gun problem in this city."

What you have is a crime problem.............not a gun problem. There has never been a gun commit a crime...........there is always a human being holding it.............

He deflected criticism of the city's high rate of violence, and called the worsening crime situation a national problem brought on by federal cuts in job training and education.

Oh yeah, It's George Bush's fault. Amazing........how the citizens of any city can listen to this shit and not immediately call for the resignation of these people is a joke. You get what you deserve.

The officer's shooting “shows a blatant disregard for authority that we’re going to have to come to grips with,” Street said. “We’re creating an underclass of people who are likely to resort to violence in a serious way.”

Oh Yeah, Who is the "we?"

There are sub cultures in America that are celebrated every day on Television and in Music. Nobody seems to notice that 70% of births in the black community are to single mothers. Nobody seems to notice that children grow up without direction, without knowledge and without goals. The last two generations in black community will probably be the downfall of blacks in America. They are responsible for the current generation coming up. These individuals will have fewer and fewer opportunities because they are being further and further removed from the work force etc..........damn shame

46zilzal
10-31-2007, 02:38 PM
The answer, in typical cop fashion, is more and more guns. Really intuitive.

Oh, yes, the xenophobia again as well.

harnesslover
10-31-2007, 02:56 PM

Well, what do you propose is the solution to curb the murder rate in Philadelphia?

46zilzal
10-31-2007, 03:01 PM
Well, what do you propose is the solution to curb the murder rate in Philadelphia?
Is isn't more guns.

harnesslover
10-31-2007, 03:21 PM
Is isn't more guns.

I'll ask again, how would you propose that you cut the record murder rate in Philly?

JustRalph
10-31-2007, 03:34 PM

just go away.......... you are a flake..........show me where I suggested more guns?

PA.........this guy is chasing me around in threads....................he is a stalker

harnesslover
10-31-2007, 04:49 PM
just go away.......... you are a flake..........show me where I suggested more guns?

PA.........this guy is chasing me around in threads....................he is a stalker

He's good at ripping officials for the wrong solutions yet never has a better solution. That's ironically pathetic

PaceAdvantage
10-31-2007, 11:34 PM
The answer, in typical cop fashion, is more and more guns.JustRalph never said that. Comprehension is your problem today. And the "typical cop fashion" line is patently offensive. Are you a troll?

robert99
11-01-2007, 10:37 AM
Ralph's point about a sub culture that is now outside of main society has also developed in UK. Good kids in deprived areas are having to arm themselves and join gangs for protection against their neighbours, but several, as young as 12, have been knifed or shot to death in the main cities simply for walking down the wrong street. In my whole life I had never previously even seen a gun in real life outside of the army, but nowadays you can buy illegal arms and ammunition for a few dollars in many pubs. So I would agree it is more a cultural problem than a legal one of gun ownership.

USA is reported to have 200M+ firearms and ready access to ammunition. Gun amnesty could not work in practice even if there were any political will. Yes, it is the person that pulls the trigger, but who is nowadays pulling those triggers, mostly a sub class of feral gang members who blast away on impulse. So society has to address the sub cultures to make any beneficial change but I don't see the long term political will to ever make that happen. It costs too much, is too invasive of personal liberty and any scheme long term outcome is too uncertain for people not restricted to living in the local bad spots to ever agree upon. It seems to me like a problem that hits the news, hands are wrung, it will be talked about, but as a more "them" than "us" problem more hoped for to simply go away.

harnesslover
11-01-2007, 11:13 AM
The cop shot at dunkin donuts just died.

What an absolute waste of a life.

advancedcapper
11-01-2007, 11:21 AM
Move to Detroit. Their city's bird is a bullet!

ac

harnesslover
11-01-2007, 11:25 AM
Move to Detroit. Their city's bird is a bullet!

ac

I think Philly is worse than Detroit now.

Tom
11-01-2007, 11:39 AM

Lock and load. :eek:
Personal protection.

advancedcapper
11-01-2007, 11:46 AM
Why did I get this message. I think it is sad. Even sadder from the area. My daughter goes to Drexel University. Expensive, but only two blocks from the gangs and violence we are talking about. You can bet the guy that did it will get caught and the order of the day on the force will be "shoot first and ask questions latter".

As for arming ourselves with guns? Are you crazy????? Why not just make the punishment harsher? You shoot someone in Iraq and your sentence is to be shot. You shoplift and the sentence is to chop off you hand. Hence, no crime in Iraq. The rest of the country is nuts, but no crime.

This is my first and last post that is politically motivated. Enjoy it for the truth it holds.

ac

46zilzal
11-01-2007, 11:47 AM
The cop shot at dunkin donuts just died.

What an absolute waste of a life.

Kind of like the 4000+ in Iraq

JustRalph
11-01-2007, 11:51 AM
USA is reported to have 200M+ firearms and ready access to ammunition. Gun amnesty could not work in practice even if there were any political will. Yes, it is the person that pulls the trigger, but who is nowadays pulling those triggers, mostly a sub class of feral gang members who blast away on impulse. So society has to address the sub cultures to make any beneficial change but I don't see the long term political will to ever make that happen. It costs too much, is too invasive of personal liberty and any scheme long term outcome is too uncertain for people not restricted to living in the local bad spots to ever agree upon. It seems to me like a problem that hits the news, hands are wrung, it will be talked about, but as a more "them" than "us" problem more hoped for to simply go away.

best paragraph yet.............

advancedcapper
11-01-2007, 12:53 PM
No one knows wgat and why and how and the reasoning behind wars. There is way more than we know. The question is..................would you rather live here or there? The answer is easy. If you disagree, do something about it. Run for office.

ac

harnesslover
11-01-2007, 01:13 PM
Why did I get this message. I think it is sad. Even sadder from the area. My daughter goes to Drexel University. Expensive, but only two blocks from the gangs and violence we are talking about. You can bet the guy that did it will get caught and the order of the day on the force will be "shoot first and ask questions latter".

As for arming ourselves with guns? Are you crazy????? Why not just make the punishment harsher? You shoot someone in Iraq and your sentence is to be shot. You shoplift and the sentence is to chop off you hand. Hence, no crime in Iraq. The rest of the country is nuts, but no crime.

This is my first and last post that is politically motivated. Enjoy it for the truth it holds.

ac

Why not get that worthless POS mayor Street out of there. And get that worthless POS police captain out of there. They aren't doing a damn thing and people are dying every single day.

Amazes me that Street is still in office. How many more murders is it going to take?

harnesslover
11-01-2007, 01:15 PM
No one knows wgat and why and how and the reasoning behind wars. There is way more than we know. The question is..................would you rather live here or there? The answer is easy. If you disagree, do something about it. Run for office.

ac

Some people just like to complain, yet they never have a better solution. They're just as much part of the problem.

46zilzal
11-01-2007, 01:34 PM
There he goes again, but then he will get a pass because of his RIGHTEOUS indignation.

Always excused when you are in the correct, the RIGHT political spectrum.

Wasted lives are wasted lives. Dead for no good reason. Wasted, used up for nothing etc. How many ways to say it?

advancedcapper
11-01-2007, 01:36 PM
Myself and my three kids are out to dinner at a nice restaurant in NJ. I go often and tip well. My wait time is no more than 3 minutes and Mayor Street comes in and wants to sit quickly without reservations. Of course, my table is ready first, as I tipped $20 to the young girl. Mayor Street starts to talk chit chat with my son in the few minutes we are waiting for our table. (about the time he gave his brother those no-bid airport contracts) He asked my then 13 yo if he knows who he is and my son replies. Yes, you are the crook I saw on tv. Ture.

ac

advancedcapper
11-01-2007, 01:42 PM
You seem to have a problem with the issue of the police officer. While it is a tragedy, everyone has to ask themselves? Do they vote? Do they do everything they can do to keep our streets safe. OR, do they just complain. I feel I have the right to complain, ignor or whatever. i vote, i do charity work, i help out when i can and I consioder myself a good citizen. Can I be better? Of course, but I would NEVER complain if I sat back and took instead of gave. I do not know you or where you stand, but it seems you have a personal vendeta against politicians. I do too, but I at least do what I can to get the "right" (er) one in office.

harnesslover
11-01-2007, 01:42 PM
There he goes again, but then he will get a pass because of his RIGHTEOUS indignation.

Wasted lives are wasted lives. Dead for no good reason. Wasted, used up for nothing etc. How many ways to say it?

Not everything is about politics, jackass. This thread has absolutely nothing to do with Iraq or politics and there was absolutely no need to even reference it.

No, these are not the same 'wasted lives'. People die in wars, whether you agree with the premise or not.

He was doing his job as a police officer and was killed.

For once, use your brain and process what happened to this guy and his family and leave your idiotic political rants out of it, just once..

46zilzal
11-01-2007, 01:46 PM
When a potentially useful life is destroyed in a wasteful manner, it makes no difference if that process was a war, alcohol, a bullet, over-eating or a preventable disease process.

WASTING life is a crime no matter the process and it should be pointed out.

This has nothing to do with any politician.

advancedcapper
11-01-2007, 01:51 PM
I didn't bring politics into it, you did. Talk about a being a dope.

I only said that crime here is because we are too easy on the lawbreakers. What does that have to do with politics? YOU brought the Mayor into it. YOU brought the police cheif into it. YOU complained!! Go vote if you dislike these guys. what I say has nothing to do with your views. They are my OPINION and can't be wrong. They are opinions. The only thing you can do is vote and cancel my vote. The problem is that I dislike these guys too, but don't live in Philly, so I can't control who runs the town. I didn't whine, cry or rant about anything other than the easy law inforcement we have.

In answer to my question............I now know you are a troublemaker who DOES NOT VOTE.

This is a horse site and I come here to talk horses. Consider yourself and your views on ETERNAL IGNORE & BLOCKED list.

46zilzal
11-01-2007, 01:54 PM
wasted lives, lives wasted, lives lost in a wasteful manner, lives not fulfilled, lives stopped short, a UNIFIED concept no matter the intervening process.

harnesslover
11-01-2007, 01:59 PM
I didn't bring politics into it, you did. Talk about a being a dope.

I only said that crime here is because we are too easy on the lawbreakers. What does that have to do with politics? YOU brought the Mayor into it. YOU brought the police cheif into it. YOU complained!! Go vote if you dislike these guys. what I say has nothing to do with your views. They are my OPINION and can't be wrong. They are opinions. The only thing you can do is vote and cancel my vote. The problem is that I dislike these guys too, but don't live in Philly, so I can't control who runs the town. I didn't whine, cry or rant about anything other than the easy law inforcement we have.

In answer to my question............I now know you are a troublemaker who DOES NOT VOTE.

This is a horse site and I come here to talk horses. Consider yourself and your views on ETERNAL IGNORE & BLOCKED list.

Actually I rought the mayor and police chief into it. And no, I cannot vote for him, as I don't live in Philly. Not sure what that has to do with what an incredibly poor job they are both doing. I cannot control who runs the town, all I said was I was shocked that they were still in office. It's not whining or crying, it's an evaluation on their job. It's hard to argue otherwise.

And yes this is a horse site, but you're in off topic, not in the horse section.

advancedcapper
11-01-2007, 01:59 PM
Unless these cops are on horses, let's get back to forum discussions. No disrespect to the man who gave his life for all of us. Obviously a hero.

ac

xtb
11-01-2007, 02:01 PM
wasted lives, lives wasted, lives lost in a wasteful manner, lives not fulfilled, lives stopped short, a UNIFIED concept no matter the intervening process.

http://www.columbia-ocd.org/

46zilzal
11-01-2007, 02:06 PM
Another, with no medical education or experience makes a diagnosis.....

Wonderfully incompetent

Tom
11-01-2007, 02:08 PM
The bating avergage of those with that education is not all that impressive.

46zilzal
11-01-2007, 02:09 PM
The bating avergage of those with that education is not all that impressive.
Why would that incompetently expressed and spelled statement not surprise me?

harnesslover
11-01-2007, 02:17 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom
11-01-2007, 02:37 PM
Why would that incompetently expressed and spelled statement not surprise me? You are in on it?

skate
11-02-2007, 03:12 PM
JustRalph never said that. Comprehension is your problem today. And the "typical cop fashion" line is patently offensive. Are you a troll?

'TODAY' you say:lol: when addressing zilly, the ink under Comprehension has evaporated.

skate
11-02-2007, 03:19 PM
the problem in Phila. is knee deep in Liberal teachings.

waste deep in Liberal excuse.

shoulder deep in Media lies.

Headed by "the Court System".

thank you very much
the-skate.

46zilzal
11-02-2007, 03:24 PM
What a narrow mind. You should hang out with Lefty. He sees everything in black and white as well.

He writes a tad better however.

Tom
11-02-2007, 03:25 PM
46, you have the narrowest mind here! Don't you read your own posts?

skate
11-02-2007, 03:35 PM
What a narrow mind. You should hang out with Lefty. He sees everything in black and white as well.

He writes a tad better however.

oh oh oh , no no no, this wouldn't be an attack on the messenger, or is it.???????:(

could it be an attack on black and white? as well?

46zilzal
11-02-2007, 03:36 PM
Having a hard time discriminating an attack for an observation? Poor fellow.

advancedcapper
11-02-2007, 03:42 PM
I haven't the faintest idea what you are talking about. Speak in a language we understand. Stop bothering me with stupid crap. Either talk about or pick horses. If you have a problem sith someone, tell them. Believe me, the way you carry on, I wouldn't back you up if you were my son. Besides, i am like 3 for 13 today. Need one more nice score. I figure to make it on the 3-5,6,7 in the 9th at Crc with tri's amd supers.

ac

46zilzal
11-02-2007, 03:46 PM
QUOTE: "If you have a problem sith someone, tell them....." or "I wouldn't back you up if you were my son"

Problem trying to understand??

skate
11-02-2007, 03:47 PM
you have a complete absence of a 'mind'.

just on observation

advancedcapper
11-02-2007, 03:52 PM
Are you a full bred butjob or self taught?

ac

46zilzal
11-02-2007, 03:57 PM
How does one SITH someone? I am trying to understand that.

Revenge of the Sith? Sith here and take a load off your feet?
Sith the flour for the cake?

Tom
11-02-2007, 03:59 PM
If I had a dog, I'd tell to sith him! :lol:

46zilzal
11-02-2007, 04:00 PM
Here Fido SITH here, roll over

advancedcapper
11-02-2007, 04:03 PM
It's called a typo. He can read it in this post, as I have him on eternal ignore mode. I got better things to do to chat with complete morons. He either likes to type or he just knows EVERYTHING. Maybe, he reached the end of the Internet? Either way, it will kill him to read this, knowing I won't see his reply. The best part? He'll reply to THIS email to you, hoping I will see it! Too funny, huh?

ac..Waiting on the 3-5-6-7 and hoping for a cold 3-5 at Crc. in race 9

46zilzal
11-02-2007, 04:07 PM
I haven't the faintest idea what you are talking about. Speak in a language we understand.
I am afraid I would have to go through rigorous mental regression to be capable of that simplistic a way of expressing myself.

PaceAdvantage
11-03-2007, 04:30 AM

Wasted lives are wasted lives. Dead for no good reason. Wasted, used up for nothing etc. How many ways to say it?That persecution complex of yours isn't healthy. Sorry I wasn't on the board the last 24 hours....I do have a life outside of this place you know.....

All of his posts were deleted that contained languange not appropriate for this board. Should I do the same for HCAP? He's had some foul language posts that were left up....I didn't see you patting me on the back for treating him "special."

Sometimes you're a real joker zilzal....this harness guy HAS BEEN KICKED OFF THE BOARD about 3-4 times in the past, but keeps coming back under new names....so go shove it....you're wrong once again.....he has been kicked off, again and again, and I am presuming, once again.....

PaceAdvantage
11-03-2007, 04:31 AM
Unless these cops are on horses, let's get back to forum discussions. No disrespect to the man who gave his life for all of us. Obviously a hero.

acYou're in off-topic. You're NOT supposed to discuss horses here...