PDA

View Full Version : 10/30 DEL

jonnielu
10-30-2007, 10:19 AM
It looks like another day for making the right zigs and zags at DEL

But, in the order of ability, it looks like this. Feel free to augment.

1st - 8, 7, 4, 5 - This one might lay out according to early giddyup, but watch out for #5 who can circle the field off of an alert start.

2nd - 5, 4, 1 - #5 runs for it, #4 moves for a pass attempt, #1 chases in the middle. The first'r takes the test, shouldn't pass, but might learn something.

3rd - 4, 6, 3, 5 - #4 runs for a gap that #6 can't close, 4 lengths will do nicely. #3 and #5 look for opportunity. #5 can go another .5f, but I don't like coming back in 8 days to do it. For rest, I like the 23 days for #4 better then the 14 days for #6.

4th - 3, 1, 5, 6 - #1 and #5 are tied in ability, #3 has a little advantage there. #6 tries to burn from the gate and get to the wire before she gets caught. Females are not known for the mad dash, they are known for running evenly, advantage #5.

5th - 3, 5, 4, (7) - I like the #3 here for running down #5, #4 goes for it, but can only stay in front of #7.

6th - 3, 6, 1 (9, 8, 5 (4)) Early speed and ability should rule, but it is close enough here to make it a horse race. #4 should be treated like a first timer, and there is some ability there. I can't dismiss this horse on the one PP.

7th - 2, 5, 7 (6, 1) - Another horse race, I'm looking for #2 to squirt out of the pack for the win though. #5 could be right on his butt. If you want to keep this order, you better put $2 on the #7 to win.:bang:

8th - 3, 8, 4

GaryG
10-30-2007, 10:28 AM
In the 6th the Klesaris 2nd time starter (#3 POPHAM bEACH) looks pretty solid. Price will be short though. Looks like a "Lock of the Day".

Good luck.

Bill Olmsted
10-30-2007, 10:41 AM
In the 6th the Klesaris 2nd time starter (#3 POPHAM bEACH) looks pretty solid. Price will be short though. Looks like a "Lock of the Day".

Good luck.

This is a tough call. You are pitting a positive trainer move vs. an unproven horse that faded first time out and is now plunging. Personally, I would stay on the sidelines.

BTY Gary, SISTER ODELL is running day after manana at HAW. That would be my Lock of the Day. I know you liked this one before it was scratched.

Best of luck.

GaryG
10-30-2007, 10:45 AM
BTY Gary, SISTER ODELL is running day after manana at HAW. That would be my Lock of the Day. I know you liked this one before it was scratched.

Best of luck.Bill, yes and the filly that beat her (Honeyville) is well placed in the 4th tomorrow.

duckhunter3
10-30-2007, 10:45 AM
For my money, #3, Lover Nekia, is the best bet on this somewhat contentious card. That is the only DEL bet I make today.
duckhunter3

jonnielu
10-30-2007, 11:01 AM
For my money, #3, Lover Nekia, is the best bet on this somewhat contentious card. That is the only DEL bet I make today.
duckhunter3

The difference in ability between #3 and #5 is only 8 pts. very tight for 8.5f.
#3 is however, a very consistent performer.

duckhunter3
10-30-2007, 11:30 AM
I give the edge to 5 in 2 areas- trainer/jockey combination (tough to argue with Dominguez and Nunley) and perhaps slightly in current form. but on early speed, late speed, recent speed, best speed, class consistency, I give the nod to #3.

I will make a win bet on 3, odds permitting (5/2 or better) and then box 3 and 5 for some protection, if there is value. Otherwise, I pass. We shall see. I think 3 is a great bet at some decent odds.

Bill Olmsted
10-31-2007, 04:39 AM
duckhunter3

Nice call. LN drew off by 7L and paid $4.60; the Cold E with Doc's Redemption paid $11.00. Most excellent. Most excellent. :ThmbUp:

Keep 'em coming.

Bill Olmsted
10-31-2007, 04:09 PM
Bill, yes and the filly that beat her (Honeyville) is well placed in the 4th tomorrow.

Gary,
Thanks for the tip off on HONEYVILLE. She paid a decent $6.40 to win.

Bill
:ThmbUp:

GaryG
10-31-2007, 04:37 PM
Gary,
Thanks for the tip off on HONEYVILLE. She paid a decent $6.40 to win.

Bill
:ThmbUp:Thanks Bill....hit both plays today, that one and Copper State in the 1st. Cat Man's filly looks better than ever now.

Bill Olmsted
10-31-2007, 05:39 PM
Thanks Bill....hit both plays today, that one and Copper State in the 1st. Cat Man's filly looks better than ever now.

7/5 on the ML for tomorrow for Cat Man's hoss. So no palace secret. I'm thinking the final odds may be 1/2 or even 2/5 considering the connections. Anyway, nice scores today. We'll see what happens tomorrow.