PDA

View Full Version : How bad is Joe Bravos riding since returning?

onefast99
10-30-2007, 07:56 AM
I watched him since he has returned he has no confidence in himself at all. It is a shame he burned the owners of Commentator and especially Prop Me Up. He never let Prop me Up run in the Distaff. He quit on the horse at the 3/4 pole. He then stood up on her the rest of the trip! He rode commentator as if he was galloping him in the am. I think he has had one winner since coming back and it was a cheap NJ bred. He should of opted out of the Breeders Cup thank god he didnt get baroness Thatcher as that one finished 4th Joe would of been last.:faint:

Softshoesureshot
10-31-2007, 11:19 AM
I don't know about Bravo, since I don't follow that circuit.

But his riding couldn't be much worse than that of Alex Solis out here in CA. Alex has been a top notch rider for a long time, but over the course of the past few years he is riding very "safe". Nothing wrong with that, necessarily, as he has had a nice career and it's logical that he wouldn't want to threaten his health at this point in his career.

Still, with hungry jocks like Enriquez, Talamo, Pedroza, and others riding with reckless abandon and energy, it's all too easy to pick Solis and his charge out of the lineup when they turn for home. He's on the outside, the "married mans" route, as it is sometimes called.

Here's hoping Bravo and Solis recapture their passion for the game, soon.

onefast99
10-31-2007, 09:07 PM
I watched Joe again today at Aqueduct, he was flat all day a few ITM's but no winner. I guess he's "practicing" for Gulfstream where he rode very conservatively last year!

peakpros
10-31-2007, 09:13 PM
I watched him since he has returned he has no confidence in himself at all. It is a shame he burned the owners of Commentator and especially Prop Me Up. He never let Prop me Up run in the Distaff. He quit on the horse at the 3/4 pole. He then stood up on her the rest of the trip! He rode commentator as if he was galloping him in the am. I think he has had one winner since coming back and it was a cheap NJ bred. He should of opted out of the Breeders Cup thank god he didnt get baroness Thatcher as that one finished 4th Joe would of been last.:faint:

you are spot on...i made the same comment to a buddy at the breeders cup...

he looks lost

point given
10-31-2007, 10:17 PM
I watched Joe again today at Aqueduct, he was flat all day a few ITM's but no winner. I guess he's "practicing" for Gulfstream where he rode very conservatively last year!

I'd guess Calder instead.

Semipro
11-01-2007, 02:16 AM
I watched him since he has returned he has no confidence in himself at all. It is a shame he burned the owners of Commentator and especially Prop Me Up. He never let Prop me Up run in the Distaff. He quit on the horse at the 3/4 pole. He then stood up on her the rest of the trip! He rode commentator as if he was galloping him in the am. I think he has had one winner since coming back and it was a cheap NJ bred. He should of opted out of the Breeders Cup thank god he didnt get baroness Thatcher as that one finished 4th Joe would of been last.:faint: I got a good idea let's jump own a guy when he's down kick him in teeth. Geez

NY BRED
11-01-2007, 06:04 AM
not that I'm a Fan of JJ, but most jocks returning after a relatively
serious injury do need time to readjust.

In fact, Jocks returning after a lengthy time(ie Herb Mcauley) look
equally bad as most trainers don't give their "primed" horses to these
jocks until they prove they are physically and mentally fit to ride
as they did prior to their injuries.

Most of the "returnees" get these mount by working horses in the early
am to prove they are ready to return and give their best, and experienced
effort.

btw, Hollywood Herb outrode Cornelio yesterday at the Big A, which was
a great sight to see(at least for me)

onefast99
11-01-2007, 08:22 AM
I got a good idea let's jump own a guy when he's down kick him in teeth. Geez

No ones jumping on JB I'm just pointing out the obvious, maybe he should of waited to get into race shape before taking live mounts! JB has and always will be a NJ fan favorite you dont win as many races as he does by luck!:ThmbUp:

onefast99
11-01-2007, 08:25 AM
I'd guess Calder instead.
Aqueduct and then Calder for a short stint until Gulfstream opens in January.

Semipro
11-01-2007, 10:38 AM
No ones jumping on JB I'm just pointing out the obvious, maybe he should of waited to get into race shape before taking live mounts! JB has and always will be a NJ fan favorite you dont win as many races as he does by luck!:ThmbUp:Very good point you have there sir.

peakpros
11-01-2007, 11:08 AM
I got a good idea let's jump own a guy when he's down kick him in teeth. Geez

not jumping on him...i've watched him outride and outsmart too many jocks over and over again...

but if you play one circuit more closely than others it pays to know who's in form and who is not....

onefast99
11-01-2007, 11:27 PM
Agree, and he still needs work. Look at the past 2 days at Aqueduct two months ago the 2 2nd place finishers he had today he wins with. As an owner I'm not going to take a wait and see what he does approach, too many good riders like Elliott and Lezcano who will give better rides right now!

exiles
11-02-2007, 12:02 AM
But his riding couldn't be much worse than that of Alex Solis out here in CA. Alex has been a top notch rider for a long time, but over the course of the past few years he is riding very "safe". Nothing wrong with that, necessarily, as he has had a nice career and it's logical that he wouldn't want to threaten his health at this point in his career.

One of the better angles for the past few years in S.C. SOLIS OFF He stinks big time.

onefast99
11-02-2007, 08:43 AM
I noticed that with Solis but would you want to use him knowing he wasn't up to par? Thats why we wont use JB anymore, he is one of the nicest jocks out there. I used Gomez once and after the race he told me and the trainer he didnt like the horse and we won!

onefast99
11-02-2007, 05:15 PM
Nice ride in the 9th today from Joe, he looks a bit more comfortable right now then he did last week. Calder will round him back into shape. beware of the 3-5 shots in the mud.

Kelso
11-03-2007, 12:43 AM
too many good riders like Elliott and Lezcano who will give better rides right now!

Maragh, too, seems bankable at MTH.

How 'bout Cedeno? A Krone-in-progress?

onefast99
11-03-2007, 08:56 AM
Maragh, too, seems bankable at MTH.

How 'bout Cedeno? A Krone-in-progress?
Maragh yes, cedeno loses the bug and she will become another Channing Hill. Elliott has been tough and Bridgemohan with the bug is tough. great jocks battle going on at the Meadowlands, thats the only positive from this poorly put together meet.:bang:

Doc
11-03-2007, 05:25 PM
Jersey Joe has been injured more times than I can remember, some of them pretty seriously, so maybe he's starting to ride a little more conservatively, who knows. As for Carol Cedeno, she speaks very little English, but her agent said she was one of the best who graduated a year ago from the Jockey School in P.R., I believe. Unlike a lot of girl jocks she seems to finish fairly strongly. Maybe some of the trainers that are using her will continue to do so once she loses the bug.

onefast99
11-04-2007, 08:54 AM
Jersey Joe has been injured more times than I can remember, some of them pretty seriously, so maybe he's starting to ride a little more conservatively, who knows. As for Carol Cedeno, she speaks very little English, but her agent said she was one of the best who graduated a year ago from the Jockey School in P.R., I believe. Unlike a lot of girl jocks she seems to finish fairly strongly. Maybe some of the trainers that are using her will continue to do so once she loses the bug.
I would like to see her without the bug, Hill was tops when he rode with the bug weight, Arroyo is pretty good except on very strong horses he needs to build upper body strength to throttle them down a bit! Cedeno has been used a lot more on good horses.

onefast99
11-08-2007, 02:29 PM
Joe got a nice win today at Aqueduct for Zito, he had lots of traffic problems to contend with.:jump:

onefast99
11-10-2007, 08:09 AM
Looks as if JB stiffed the owners of both Prop Me Up and Wisp on the 1st and 2nd breeders cup day. last night at the Meadowlands the hard charging Wisp lost by a head in the same allowance as on Oct 26th when Bravo decided not to engage him in the race. Prop Me Up won the featured Red Cross by 4.5 lengths seems JB shut her down too early in the Distaff, good to see the horses are live as the jockey isnt.