PDA

View Full Version : Euro's 'skunked' from a win?

sammy the sage
10-27-2007, 09:08 PM
always so dominant on turf...esp. soft...yet shut out of 1st!

I know this has happened before...but memory fails me?

lonestar maybe? or else-where?

sammy the sage
10-27-2007, 09:25 PM
Should clarify....Euro's coming in COLD...no prior race this year in the state's!

joeyreb
10-28-2007, 12:18 AM
Lahudood is a Euro horse, they just brought him in June for some USA form

joeyreb
10-28-2007, 12:21 AM
The Death of George Washington in that slop would a bigger blow to Euro Racing than being blanked on off Turf Course here

sammy the sage
10-28-2007, 11:02 AM
as I was writing :confused: ...HELLO... :bang: :lol:

looking towards the future....any way to throw-out horse's...makes it easier to CASH?

cj
10-28-2007, 11:09 AM
I think Excellent Art was best yesterday if you compare the trips of him and the winner. But, that is horse racing.

Niko
10-28-2007, 06:07 PM
Other than Excellent Art and Dylan Thomas this was by far the weakest crop they ever brought over. Not sure why?

robert99
10-28-2007, 08:57 PM
Last washout was in 1998.
Surprising lack of interest from this side for this year's renewal.
It has been regarded previously as one of the highlights of the season's end.
Whether it is the clash of major fixtures, major races coming up in Japan and Hong Kong or Monmouth Park having an arrogant attitude putting off overseas trainers it is baffling. Apart from the tight track disadvantage the temperature was suited and the travel disruption minimised.

joeyreb
10-28-2007, 09:16 PM
Robert,

I have to admit I don't see as much Euro racing as I need to.

Why do you think Dylan flopped in the Turf??

the Arc took so much out of him or horrible track conditions??

Kelso
10-29-2007, 12:18 AM
[QUOTE=robert99]
Monmouth Park having an arrogant attitude putting off overseas trainer
/QUOTE]

Have read/heard nothing of this elsewhere. Would you kindly elaborate? Thank you.

robert99
10-29-2007, 08:40 PM
Robert,

I have to admit I don't see as much Euro racing as I need to.

Why do you think Dylan flopped in the Turf??

the Arc took so much out of him or horrible track conditions??

joeyreb,

Dylan has only won back to back twice in an 18 race career. Then he had at least a 4 week recovery between races. The Arc, 20 days ago, as you point out was a fast and hard fought race. Condition and energy store regain for a major race second race need longer. On top of that Dylan has travelled back to Ireland then on to Monmouth which is a further loss of condition. Last year at Belmont Dylan put up the worst performance of his career - bad traveller and dirt track? Best plan seems to be to arrive on race day or acclimatise for 3 weeks plus. Dylan has finished 6/7 on heavy and 4/7 on soft turf. He has never won on a tight track, only on wide open galloping types which suit a high geared, long striding horse.

Practically everything was against him at Monmouth and it was a near certainty that perhaps lesser horses would beat him on the day.

robert99
10-29-2007, 08:44 PM
[QUOTE=robert99]
Monmouth Park having an arrogant attitude putting off overseas trainer
/QUOTE]

Have read/heard nothing of this elsewhere. Would you kindly elaborate? Thank you.

Normally, the inviting track goes out of its way to make overseas guests feel very welcome and arrange top hospitality. They even wanted to charge the jockeys $50 parking at Monmouth.

The Judge
10-29-2007, 08:49 PM
"English Channel" probably paid less. If he had a different name I bet he would have paid more.