PDA

View Full Version : brisbet handicappers pick 6

orrug2k
10-27-2007, 08:55 PM
How bad did they suck ... out after the first leg on a 54k ticket...then left off english freaking channel. I hope they get better dudes for next time. Invested 80k and returned 6k... Thats retarded.

Theres no way I miss that on a 80k stake. No way anyone on here misses it... none paid over 25 bucks, English freaking channell.. most consistant horse around and had a win over the course... which has always been a big angle on bc day.

njcurveball
10-27-2007, 08:58 PM
How bad did they suck ... out after the first leg on a 54k ticket...then left off english freaking channel. I hope they get better dudes for next time. Invested 80k and returned 6k... Thats retarded.

Totally agree! The "fund" is way too large to be profitable, it is all about bragging rights and advertising.

Even when they win it, the investors rarely get more than 3-1 on their money.

Tom
10-27-2007, 09:39 PM
Out after the first leg????
That's like getting mugged on the way the track. :lol:

Hajck Hillstrom
10-27-2007, 10:21 PM

Theres no way I miss that on a 80k stake. No way anyone on here misses it... none paid over 25 bucks, English freaking channell.. most consistant horse around and had a win over the course... which has always been a big angle on bc day....and the top Prime Power fig on Bris numbers!

I'm surprised they missed it. Bris Prime Power rankings in the Pik6:

LAHUDOOD: 4th
MIDNIGHT LUTE: 1st
KIP DEVILLE: 2nd
GINGER PUNCH: 1st
ENGLISH CHANNEL: 1st
CURLIN: 2nd

If you use Bris data, that was the easiest $1,500 Pik4 ever!

Light
10-27-2007, 11:27 PM
Putting $80,000 into a pk6 is usually a sign that you have no clue.

Donnie
10-27-2007, 11:33 PM
is there any place a person can see their shared ticket? Would be interested to see how it was structured. Wonder if they left off Curlin....he was the top TPR of the Classic.......??

the_fat_man
10-28-2007, 12:17 AM
Putting $80,000 into a pk6 is usually a sign that you have no clue.

it did pay 320k+

orrug2k
10-28-2007, 01:05 AM
The tickets are posted on brisbet home page..... My god..lets do a paceadvantage pool next year . We can they capped thier ticket at 80k. We could do the same and I would manage it for a measily 25%. oh god please tell me they use ENGLISH CHANNEL next year.

orrug2k
10-28-2007, 01:06 AM
Mutton chops even said everyone in brittain was betting against dylan thomas because he hates soft going.... were they insane in the membrane. Insane in the brain. So they keyed him for 54k.... keyed....

point given
10-28-2007, 07:57 AM
it did pay 320k+

$424k me thinks i saw.

ryesteve
10-28-2007, 09:15 AM
$424k me thinks i saw.
No, I'm seeing $321k. But even so, I think there are easier ways to make 4-1.

Mutton chops even said everyone in brittain was betting against dylan thomas because he hates soft going.... were they insane in the membrane. Insane in the brain. So they keyed him for 54k.... keyed....
If you look at the other tickets, it was actually more like $63k.
Crazy, regardless of track condition... Arc winners have had a hard enough time even hitting the board in the BC Turf, much less winning it.

orrug2k
10-28-2007, 09:44 AM
Brisbet made 16k or so in takeout for themselves... they should give that back for allowing those guys to key dkylan thomas... at least in the derby pick six they had enough sense to key street sense.. a horse that had shown fondness for the track... why not key the only horse to win at monmouth... IE..ENGLISH FREAKIN CHANNEL>>>

David-LV
10-28-2007, 10:18 AM

Theres no way I miss that on a 80k stake. No way anyone on here misses it... none paid over 25 bucks, English freaking channell.. most consistant horse around and had a win over the course... which has always been a big angle on bc day.

How could anybody in their right mind with an $80,000 ticket leave off a horse like English Channel who was a perfect 2 for 2 on the MTH turf course.

I guess they did not read Nick Mordin's great analysis of the race. :faint:

_______
David

ENGLISH CHANNEL
The general view about English Channel is that he's best off a strong
pace.
This is also the opinion of his connections, which is why they've stuck
in
Icy Atlantic as a pacemaker for him. My own opinion is that the key to
English Channel is how incredibly well balanced he is. His physique
would fit
inside a rectangular box much more closely than a normal horse. Very
little of
it would jut out, so his centre of gravity will always stay very stable.
I've
seen this sort of physique a few times before and invariably the horses
which possess it flounder on the long straight stretches of galloping
courses.
They need tight turns and short homestraights so that they can make the
most
of their ability to negotiate a turn at speed while using their energy
very
economically.

In this regard I would draw your attention to the fact that English
Channel
has won eight of the nine times that he's run on courses less than a mile
in
circumferance, including two G1 races out of two starts here at Monmouth.
His sole loss on a really tight track came in this race last year where
he
probably stuck too close to the furious early gallop and paid the price
up the
longest homestraight in American racing yet still finished third. I like
his
chances of taking this.

Zman179
10-28-2007, 10:21 AM

Which goes to show you that these so called "champion handicappers" are nothing more than squirrels that found a nut.

Unbelieveable. A 92% loss and you get an IRS form to boot.

rrbauer
10-28-2007, 10:28 AM
These people missed the BC last year too. They should stick to their Kentucky niche which is the main circuit for two of them. Seems to me however, that if you want to piss on their picks you should do it BEFORE the races go. After the fact most of these posts are just one more redboard.

point given
10-28-2007, 10:32 AM
Brisbet made 16k or so in takeout for themselves... they should give that back for allowing those guys to key dkylan thomas... at least in the derby pick six they had enough sense to key street sense.. a horse that had shown fondness for the track... why not key the only horse to win at monmouth... IE..ENGLISH FREAKIN CHANNEL>>>

It seemed to be the consensus from many sources read that DT was a mortal lock. BUT, the Arc / BC record and the English Channel 2/2 record over the course, stuck out . Hit the p3, but had been hoping for more $ since Kipper paid $18 and Ginger $11, but at least it got me out of a hole. Confusing , was the on air commenting that Aidan Obrien had called the ground good and was pleased. Then after the race , the jock of DT relating that he doesnot run well on this soft going. Guess, obrien got that one out of the Dutrow playbook . While someone posted that muttonchops related that euros were betting against DT, but since i heavily use the mute button, didnot hear that.

Zman179
10-28-2007, 10:33 AM
These people missed the BC last year too. They should stick to their Kentucky niche which is the main circuit for two of them. Seems to me however, that if you want to piss on their picks you should do it BEFORE the races go. After the fact most of these posts are just one more redboard.

Rest assured that if I had seen beforehand that they had singled Dylan Thomas, I would've pissed on them like a horse who just finished his pail.

David-LV
10-28-2007, 10:47 AM

Anybody that needs this kind of money to make up pick 6 tickets really does not have a clue about handicapping. All they are doing is spreading with a lot of money.

BTW: I have said this many times before.
"When you have less money to work with you do a much better job handicapping."

_________
David

exiles
10-28-2007, 11:55 AM
Which goes to show you that these so called "champion handicappers" are nothing more than squirrels that found a nut.

Unbelieveable. A 92% loss and you get an IRS form to boot.
They played it like a lottery, just like, when they won those tournaments to become handicappers of the year,but to make sure that everybody could see that they suck they left out English Channel.

orrug2k
10-28-2007, 12:20 PM
THANK YOU EXILE...... WHEN I THINK OF THE HARDEST TRYING HORSES AROUND, I ALWAYS THINK OF ENGLISH, BAYAKOA..SUNDAY, JH(RIP) EASY, ....THEY THREW AWAY 80K. ON AND UNPROVEN HORSE... WHY DIDNT THEY JUST KEY THE JUV FILLIE HORSE THAT WAS SURE TO BE ON TOP BY 5...

Zman179
10-28-2007, 01:31 PM
I wouldn't call Dylan Thomas unproven. An unproven horse doesn't win two $1,000,000+ races and a $2,000,000 race in his last four starts.

Personally, I wouldn't single ANY HORSE in the BC. The BC has already proven itself to be a very difficult day to win on.

orrug2k
10-28-2007, 02:36 PM
Unproven is a horse that hasnt crossed the pond, won at this track... I think a single has to have at least one at the track. Too many issues with that horse to single in a race with those type of stakes horses...

ArlJim78
10-28-2007, 04:10 PM
an absolute horrible example of handicapping and ticket structure. i can only say so after the fact because I wasn't aware of this beforehand. However if I had run across these tickets that they were planning on playing beforehand, I would have questioned singling DT to the tune of $60,000, or 3/4 of the bankroll. to me and most people i talk to it was nearly unanimous that he was a textbook example of a vulnerable favorite. too many unknowns with him.

rrpic6
10-28-2007, 04:45 PM
They played it like a lottery, just like, when they won those tournaments to become handicappers of the year,but to make sure that everybody could see that they suck they left out English Channel.

English Channel was used on 3 of the 6 tickets (not counting the $28 ticket that had to be used). (In fact the late pick 4 is on two tickets, one for $300, the other for $630, as it paid over $1500 for a buck). A different out come if Honey Ryder, Passage of Time or Precious Kitten wins, the key horses in the 1st leg. Precious Kitten gets wiped out by Simply Perfect, losing all chance of possibly having the only ticket.

Agree with most that 80K was too much to collect, as 50K was enough to get two of the four tickets on Ky. Derby Day. (Can't seem to find a thread on here about that day)?;) Seems like a corporate decision to collect another 30K. Guess it worked as the pool filled by Thursday, unlike other times when it was open to the deadline.

Tossing Nashoba's Key in every ticket was unanimous, as was Benny the Bull, and Indian Vale on most tickets. Taking stands for and against horses is what its all about. Tossing ML 3-1, 6-1, and 3-1 is a ballsy move in my opinion.

You got a nice $3400 super for a buck if you boxed the 5 picks in the 8th Race.

Light
10-28-2007, 05:03 PM
Give anyone 80k and they'll probably hit 5 out of 6 99% of the time and several P6's too . I'm sorry but thats not handicapping..These guys are supposed to be "experts". 80K in an pk6 in experts hands should be a lock.They are doing their customers a great disservice by advertising their skill but using none. Quantity is not a substitute for quality.

rrpic6
10-28-2007, 05:28 PM
Give anyone 80k and they'll probably hit 5 out of 6 99% of the time and several P6's too . I'm sorry but thats not handicapping..These guys are supposed to be "experts". 80K in an pk6 in experts hands should be a lock.They are doing their customers a great disservice by advertising their skill but using none. Quantity is not a substitute for quality.

Steve Crist of the DRF was given 5K to play at an OTB. He got 3 0f 6 right, but had all 6 somewhere on his spread. Of the 37 DRF Handicappers in Saturdays Edition, only Mike Welch had 6 of 6 in the top 3 picks of each Handicapper, this would be a play of $1458 in a 3x3x3x3x3x3x$2 ticket. Encourage all here to put together 50K tickets on the next big day at So. Cal that has a Million Dollar Pick6, could be fun. BTW..in 2004 the 90K collected (way too much) had 5 0f 6 5 times when no one had 6 of 6, Wilko was left out or that would have been the solo ticket...the goal of this endeavor.

RR

rrpic6
10-28-2007, 05:32 PM
THANK YOU EXILE...... WHEN I THINK OF THE HARDEST TRYING HORSES AROUND, I ALWAYS THINK OF ENGLISH, BAYAKOA..SUNDAY, JH(RIP) EASY, ....THEY THREW AWAY 80K. ON AND UNPROVEN HORSE... WHY DIDNT THEY JUST KEY THE JUV FILLIE HORSE THAT WAS SURE TO BE ON TOP BY 5...

The Juvenile Filly race was not part of the Pick 6, or that might have happened.

RR

Tom Barrister
10-28-2007, 05:58 PM
They beat me. I spent $48 and only had 4 winners.

Light
10-28-2007, 06:09 PM
Of the 37 DRF Handicappers in Saturdays Edition, only Mike Welch had 6 of 6 in the top 3 picks of each Handicapper, this would be a play of $1458 in a 3x3x3x3x3x3x$2 ticket.
RR

If 1 out of 37 could do it for less than $1500,then quite a few more could nail it for $80k.

David-LV
10-28-2007, 08:44 PM

You sure hit the nail right on the head with your statement.

If these guys are true experts & handicappers, then I will be flying the next shuttle into space.

If I'm trying to get 3 or 4 to 1 on my money what the hell do I need to hit a pick 6 ticket for. :confused: :confused:

_______
David

orrug2k
10-28-2007, 10:25 PM
THere is no way with that kind of cash that you dont hit that p6. They should have had 5 at least 30 times. Basically you put any 5 of the reg posters on here and give them that cash and see if they hit...Next time its carryover we will all get 80k to play our p6 tickets and this will be settled....for sure... next million carryover day in socal.. watch out... Maybe those beulah park idiots can come out to play, that is if they can stop trying to look down those blondes shirts long enough to handicap.

exiles
10-29-2007, 12:31 AM
You sure hit the nail right on the head with your statement.

If these guys are true experts & handicappers, then I will be flying the next shuttle into space.

If I'm trying to get 3 or 4 to 1 on my money what the hell do I need to hit a pick 6 ticket for. :confused: :confused:

_______
David Believe me they aren't experts, they are former handicapping tournament winners which in fact is a lottery, so they played the BC PICK 6 like a lottery America Tab should be ashamed for this fiasco.

Indulto
10-29-2007, 12:36 AM
Brisbet made 16k or so in takeout for themselves...... 80K in an pk6 in experts hands should be a lock...... If I'm trying to get 3 or 4 to 1 on my money what the hell do I need to hit a pick 6 ticket for. :confused: :confused: Gentlemen,
The issue here is not whether this group offers a worthwhile investment opportunity (it doesn't) or whether this group is "expert" (collectively, they aren't), but whether "group participation" makes financial sense and is legally possible outside the auspices of an ADW.

If it is, then some legal entity type should be able to open an account at any ADW or track on behalf of identifiable players who can pool their money and talent(s) in any combination without being labeled "bookmakers" or suffering unacceptable overhead. The objective would be to create "custom whales" to swim around the sharks and leeches. ;)

For those that refuse to think for themselves, there should be a "Gordon Jones On-line." At least he let you decide whether or not to invest AFTER you saw his proposed ticket.

rrpic6
10-29-2007, 06:38 AM
Believe me they aren't experts, they are former handicapping tournament winners which in fact is a lottery, so they played the BC PICK 6 like a lottery America Tab should be ashamed for this fiasco.

Many similar threads like this in past Players Pool losses. Easier to go back and find them and see responses given. Too much money collected is true, but ALL that money must be spent on Pick 6's, not Pick 4's or Supers, which would have shown a nice profit when looking back at the overall selections. Since 2004, there is still an overall profit on this Players' Pool bet, so Lottery is not the right word, more like flipping a coin, its 50/50 to hit the Pick 6 with that money. As stated before, the goal is to have the only ticket. With a pool of around 5 Million, which is not going to happen in monmouth B C -type settings, certainly 80K was too much money to lug around in a 3.2 Million pool.

RR

rrpic6
10-29-2007, 07:07 AM
Believe me they aren't experts, they are former handicapping tournament winners which in fact is a lottery, so they played the BC PICK 6 like a lottery America Tab should be ashamed for this fiasco.

You are 2/3's correct in analysing the Handicappers. Rich and Stanley are Tournament winners, Ron is not, having last played in a money tourney 2001, finishing 12th at the South Coast.

RR

orrug2k
10-29-2007, 07:09 AM
My thread was about leaving off ENGLISH CHANNEL and how that may be the worst decision ever. IM not sure in a bet this size if 80k was too much but not having it was too much for me to stand. IF a 100 to one came in it would be a different story.. this was a 2 for 2 at the track horse that was already a grade one winner many times over.