PDA

View Full Version : A calk fiesta in the first

cees with dees
10-25-2007, 12:55 PM
Trick Meeting took early money and is the obvious closer if the race falls apart. Ludington was giant in first start for Levine and keeps calks on for the wet whre he's won an off the turfer at Tampa with nothing on.
Coach Kent has also won in the wet with nothing on now has calks in this slopfest and Brooker D has tremendous speed when in the mood and could bottom this field on his best.
Spreading in the DD 2,7,8,9/1,2,8
All horses in the 2nd should be first time calks and they're all long so why not??
Good luck,
Ben

cees with dees
10-25-2007, 01:21 PM
The 1 gets a bigger makeover than Michael Jackson.

Turf to dirt, lasix on and most importantly, first time 4 wheel drive for scalding barn. (See yesterdays charts).
WPS 1
Ben

cees with dees
10-25-2007, 01:27 PM
Hve to save with the 8 at this price.

I'd die if a first time calker won at 40-1.
Ben

cees with dees
10-25-2007, 01:37 PM
First time 4 wheel drive strikes again. 2nd at 64-1.

The most important factor in the sport and the beauty is, no one believes it. Except the master that is.
Thanks Ernie. Could never have this without you.
Ben

cees with dees
10-25-2007, 01:47 PM
Win or lose, Southern Sass is the worst favorite I;ve ever seen. Couldn't handle the wet WITH calks 3 times, now is the chalk with nothing on.

3 and 4 first time calks and the 5 is first time in the wet.
4 looks juiced to oblivion in the paddock so keying her as well as a box on 3,4,5
Good luck,
Ben

cees with dees
10-25-2007, 02:00 PM
Look how competent Paolino Ortiz looks when he uses the shoes.

This is fun when it's like this.

cees with dees
10-25-2007, 02:12 PM
Web Gem is the only horse in the race (surprisingly) that has mud calks and although he's worn before, he's had three hideous trips and may just take to the wet.

WPS 4
Ben

cees with dees
10-25-2007, 02:36 PM
Ernie, I'm going to have to send you a commision check.

Hope you;re having as much fun today as I am and yes, Gary F. is great people. Spoke to his mom this morning and she was glad the water is all under the bridge.
Shoe changes. Gotta go.
Ben

cees with dees
10-25-2007, 02:48 PM
In a race devoid of speed, My Sister Diane puts calks on and may get loose in a bad field.

Wps6
ex box 3,6,11
Ben

cees with dees
10-25-2007, 03:03 PM
Well, I wanted to say "Can't win em all" but someone said that to Ernie once and he replied:"Why Not?""

On to the 6th which off the top looks like a pass unless something sneaky puts on.
Stay tuned. Same bat time. Same bat channel.

sally
10-25-2007, 03:08 PM
Cees, what's your source of information on these shoes changes? I can only get audio of the race on the website...and the scratches/changes don't cover shoes... just wondering.

sally
10-25-2007, 03:11 PM
Oh! Wait a minute! They did announce mud calks! Opps!

cees with dees
10-25-2007, 03:13 PM
First time calks on blinkereed moveup, Original Heiress for super sneaky and good trainer.

Wps 6 a no brainer at this price.
Sally, I just rely on the announcements and my instinct as to who uses and who doesn't.
Calks here on 6 and 10 but 10 for me as a firster is irrelevant for trainer who uses on everything. 6 is the sneak.
Good luck,
Ben

cees with dees
10-25-2007, 03:14 PM
A tied tail on the 6 also. Calls for a double up!!!!!
By the way, this is Allen Jerkens former assistant so no surprise to see calks although he didn't use on any starters at Belmont. Horse took a big punch just now and looks live.
Good luck.
Ben

cees with dees
10-25-2007, 03:27 PM
If I have to lose a race, that's how I want it. Loose on the lead, first time calks at 50-1. On to the 7th.

cees with dees
10-25-2007, 03:42 PM
Three trainers who normally use, (Klanfer, Ryerson(when wet), and Campo, Jr. all aren't wearing but Love Lyndsey is as well as the 4 but I just think the 4 is no good.

Hate to take Love Lyndsey at a short price but with calks, she's irresistable.
WP 3
Ex box 3,4
ex 3/all

cees with dees
10-25-2007, 03:45 PM
8th is on the turf so no shoes and that means a pass.
What happened to the good old days when Badgett got away with the shoes on the turf???
Till the finale..............................
Ben

cees with dees
10-25-2007, 03:55 PM
Ernie, you're a genius. But we already knew that!!!!!!!!!!

sally
10-25-2007, 04:01 PM
nice job Cees!!

Ernie Dahlman
10-25-2007, 04:20 PM
Ben,
Gulfstream doesn't give information on caulks, bar shoes or aluminum pads. Maybe I should ask Gene to spend the winter in Florida!! Good to see you doing well. Ernie

cees with dees
10-25-2007, 04:40 PM
I'm hoping to go down and spend some time with John Parisella this winter. He's going to fla. If you tell me what to look for I'll try but I've been to paddocks on my hands and knees and can't tell one foot from the next.

Without false flattery, I owe all of my limited success to you.
Thanks again for the kind words.
ben
By the way, I thought they posted "shoe notes" in fla. Guess I'm mistaken.
The last race unfortunately finds Lucky Val the only Calker and she is a real snail.
Money Oriented has always hinted at ability but no calks and a short price spell toss.
Passing and putting this one in the books.
Till tomorrow,
Ben

PaceAdvantage
10-26-2007, 09:15 PM
I know it's the day after, but that was a really nice display you put on here Ben.....way to go! :ThmbUp: