PDA

View Full Version : BC...who moves UP on soft/off track ?

sammy the sage
10-24-2007, 07:23 PM
Hard Spun definitely goes up as well Passage of Time.

other thoughts/tidbits/breeding analysis?

46zilzal
10-24-2007, 07:35 PM
Breeding..a superimposed retroactive statistic when it is an INDIVIDUAL'S characteristic whether an animal does well (or should I say dislikes off going LESS) than the next one.

No horse likes unsure footing. Some handle it better than others. INDIVIDUAL characteristic not unlike why you like mustard and I like mayonnaise on my sandwich.

SPEED always does better in off going. How would you do with a rooster tail of mud in your face, or, being out all alone on the lead with NO mud in your face? Think about it.

Tom
10-24-2007, 07:50 PM
Thought about it.

I got the data that shows a definate statistical correlation between breeding and off track performance.

I got a breeding number that does outstandingly in BC/Triple Crown races.
Don't need to discuss this, the proof for me is in the data. No number can predict individual races, but overall, using them can be profitable.

Robert Fischer
10-24-2007, 08:08 PM
Breeding stats are great for a ballpark idea of new situations. Running style is a huge factor as well.
Past Performance over off tracks trumps all.

46zilzal
10-24-2007, 08:12 PM
Breeding stats are great for a ballpark idea of new situations. Running style is a huge factor as well.
Past Performance over off tracks trumps all.

The INDIVIDUAL'S performances, yep, not some theoretical genetic malarkey.

Tom
10-24-2007, 08:39 PM
That would be statistical malarkey. :D

David-LV
10-24-2007, 09:11 PM
At 8:00 PM EST-WED.

Very heavy rain is coming down at Monmouth Park at this time.:( :(

Robert Fischer
10-24-2007, 09:20 PM
war pass could benefit

DJofSD
10-24-2007, 10:03 PM
I can see it now: the Mile actually runs at 1 mile 70 yards and the filly/mare turf runs over the brown stuff!

nobeyerspls
10-25-2007, 09:02 AM
Hard Spun definitely goes up as well Passage of Time.

other thoughts/tidbits/breeding analysis?

Wanderin Boy on Friday and perhaps Shaggy Mane.

All the Distorted Humors move up and there are a few. Izarra, Z Humor, Commentator, and Any Given Saturday look live even though Commentator is not a six furlong horse.

As to the turf, you can see a preference for soft in the pp's. Nashoba's Key has yet to run on a soft turf and both Honey Ryder and Passage of Time will handle it.

sammy the sage
10-25-2007, 09:35 AM
' Any Given Saturday look live'...Agreed

ceejay
10-25-2007, 12:17 PM
If you throw out the Irish Derby (bled?) Shamdinan may move up on off turf. Needs to move up a lot to contend here.....