PDA

View Full Version : Ok, who's your Breeders' Cup Longshot!

JustRalph
10-24-2007, 02:43 AM
Name your longshot, and Why?

this should be fun...............

Scav
10-24-2007, 04:04 AM
I have two of them.

In the Juv Fillies, I think Smarty Deb has a heck of a shot to hit the board at her 30/1 ML. People have no idea who these connections are so she will be ignored, she has been at Monmouth for a month and has two works over the track, Monmouth plays like Emerald Downs, a very bouncy type surface. Her Thorograph sheet is very strong, pairing her last two races which should mean a move forward. She is bred to like the distance also which is a question mark for alot of others. I do no like Indian Blessing or Irish Smoke at all, both debuted real fast and have little room for improvement. I think Proud Spell could be tough but this horse doesn't have to improve 'that' much to contend at a huge number.

In the Turf, I think Shamindan has a shot to upset Dylan Thomas at 20/1. He is lightly raced, getting 5lbs, and he cycled back to his top in his last race. Another pattern that singles a move forward and he doesn't have to improve that much to contend with Dylan Thomas, because of the weight and the probablity of him saving ground.

My two best bet against's of the day are Indian Blessing and Unbridled Belle, both have real ouchy patterns and shouldn't hit the board or any part of the any possible supers. I also am tossing Midnight Lute as he has Sinister Minister written all over him, but won't consider him a bet against because many are already doing it, from what I have heard from some of my friends and other boards.

Maxspa
10-24-2007, 07:47 AM
Scav,
Thanks for the information on Smarty Deb. Knowing that she has been there at Monmouth for a month is important. One tends to dismiss this horse because she hasn't been racing with the Alcibades, Oak Leaf and Frizette high class horses! Look at her pp's and she exhibits quality and has an excellent race style for this race.IMHO she is definitely a contender!
Maxspa

betchatoo
10-24-2007, 08:21 AM
Talent Search in the Sprint. He ran with Fabulous Strike (who I would have singled had he stayed healthy for this race) in the Vosburgh before FS pulled away. He still had the talent and guts to hold second. At 15-1 I think he's the speed of speed and I'll take a shot at him.

depalma13
10-24-2007, 08:32 AM
This year's edition of the juvenile fillies is one of the worst collection of horses we have seen in this race. I'm looking for a bomb in here.

Zee Zee - Her pedigree is turf, but I've been watching her since she got one of the best works at OBS's two year-old sale in April. Her last workout at Belmont was the second best of the distance beyond only the big move from Tale of Ekati. He is going to be one of the juvenile favorites.

She's proven she can run the distance, all she needs to show is she can make the switch to dirt. From what I have seen in her works on the dirt, that shouldn't be a problem.

Her profile fits the winning profile of this race. Her Beyer average is a little on the low side, but turf numbers usually are. Her final quarter mile in a route is faster than anything in this field. I know turf races finish quicker, but I think with the the pace up front, it is going to take a big kick to win this at the end.

At 30-1 or higher for a horse who I think has a legitimate shot, I'll take it.

Vindicationbcjc02
10-24-2007, 09:34 AM
I have two of them.

In the Juv Fillies, I think Smarty Deb has a heck of a shot to hit the board at her 30/1 ML. People have no idea who these connections are so she will be ignored, she has been at Monmouth for a month and has two works over the track, Monmouth plays like Emerald Downs, a very bouncy type surface. Her Thorograph sheet is very strong, pairing her last two races which should mean a move forward. She is bred to like the distance also which is a question mark for alot of others. I do no like Indian Blessing or Irish Smoke at all, both debuted real fast and have little room for improvement. I think Proud Spell could be tough but this horse doesn't have to improve 'that' much to contend at a huge number.

In the Turf, I think Shamindan has a shot to upset Dylan Thomas at 20/1. He is lightly raced, getting 5lbs, and he cycled back to his top in his last race. Another pattern that singles a move forward and he doesn't have to improve that much to contend with Dylan Thomas, because of the weight and the probablity of him saving ground.

My two best bet against's of the day are Indian Blessing and Unbridled Belle, both have real ouchy patterns and shouldn't hit the board or any part of the any possible supers. I also am tossing Midnight Lute as he has Sinister Minister written all over him, but won't consider him a bet against because many are already doing it, from what I have heard from some of my friends and other boards.

Im definately not on the Indian Blessing bandwagon either. Can't like anyone who was racing behind her either. I wish Cry and Catch me had her PP but not the case. I don't think she can get this distance and I assume shes going to be a top sprinter next year. 2 turns is definately not her bag.

I'm pretty high on Smarty Deb as well. Local connections, good record, and ofcourse you have to follow the "horses for courses" angle.

I'm personally high on Argentina myself....

omalley
10-24-2007, 09:47 AM
Idiot Proof at 10/1 set the track record two races back.

Scav
10-24-2007, 10:46 AM
I'm pretty high on Smarty Deb as well. Local connections, good record, and ofcourse you have to follow the "horses for courses" angle.

This isn't Smarty Deb's local track. They are from Emerald Downs, they have just been there a while. Funny thing about this is that people reading what I am writing about this horse might assume I am from Washington and a Emerald Downs supporter, but I am from Chicago and an Arlington Park lover :)

Marshall Bennett
10-24-2007, 10:49 AM
Argentina in the Filly & Mare Turf ... and at a nice price !! Has been waiting for the Breeder's Cup to show off .

njcurveball
10-24-2007, 11:12 AM
Purim in the turf! :ThmbUp:

OTM Al
10-24-2007, 11:40 AM
Here's a fun one.

George Washington.

Why would I say something this outrageous? Let's look at it

The two other older horses, Diamond Stripes and Awesome Gem just aren't grade 1 horses except in a pretty down year for the older division. Tiago isn't fast enough. He will need a total pace meltdown to win and given the running styles of Street Sense and Curlin, that's not going to happen. In fact Tiago's best BSF is the same as GW's only BSF in last year's Classic, his first on dirt and he got smacked in the lane and then pretty much geared down to still finish a very respectable 6th. None of the top 5 are returning, but one he beat that day is....Lawyer Ron. Ron and Hard Spun are too similar in my mind and I think there is a good chance they will nullify each other and burn up in the last quarter. Any Given Saturday is a complete wildcard to me. I really liked him back in May and think under the circumstances he did fine. His Haskell was excellent, but I don't think his competiton that day was fully primed and though having a spot in my heart for the Brooklyn, (being from that borough) it told me nothing about his true top end. This guy could be anywhere from first to last, but with all the wiseguys piling on him, its enough reason for me to get off.

Then we have Street Sense and Curlin. I think they should be 1-2 about a half length apart. I still think Street Sense has more talent but his bad habit of easing up in the lane counterbalances much of this talent. I think this one will simply come down to which is better positioned for the run when they hit the stretch.

So why George? First I think he's the best older horse class wise in the field. Yes, he'd be much better on turf, but he's not terrible on the dirt. Because of this, if Kinane has him in a good spot turning for home, he might be able to get the first run jump on the top two and out kick them. I certainly think in the least he's one to use underneath on the exotics.

Hajck Hillstrom
10-24-2007, 02:59 PM
In the Juv Fillies, I think Smarty Deb has a heck of a shot to hit the board at her 30/1 ML. People have no idea who these connections are so she will be ignoredAhhh, carrying the hopes of the Pacific Northwest. Doris Harwood is an excellent trainer, and she won the Stakes title this year at Emerald Downs. SMARTY DEB is a contender and the ML makes her playable. In fact, I have her a play at odds of over 20-1. She will find herself on my horizontal wagers, and in every hole of my vertical plays. The price is right. An off-track only enhances her opportunities as Smart Strikes do win in the goo. Her style fits the track....

I won't talk anyone off her.......

chickenhead
10-24-2007, 03:16 PM
Talent Search in the Sprint. At 15-1 he's the speed of speed and I'll take a shot with him.

x2

Premier Turf Club
10-24-2007, 04:10 PM
Cherokee Triangle in Juv Turf. 4-5W 1st T 3-4 W 2nd T, inhaled loose leader, opened 3 pre 1/8 pole and was 10 in front at the wire, last fraction in 22:4 3-4W around the T.

Good post, 30% trainer, 10-1 ML.

thespaah
10-24-2007, 04:29 PM

In the BC Juvenile..#1. Z Humor; ML 12-1....During the '07 Sartoga meet, The combo of Bill Mott/ Kent Desormeaux won an incredible 9 races with two year olds. No reason to think this could not happen this Saturday. Mott gets his horses ready to go for the big races.
Needless to say I will load up on this one. It's in the budget for the days wagers, so why not..This is supposed to b fun, isn't it?

Scav
10-24-2007, 04:31 PM
Cherokee Triangle in Juv Turf. 4-5W 1st T 3-4 W 2nd T, inhaled loose leader, opened 3 pre 1/8 pole and was 10 in front at the wire, last fraction in 22:4 3-4W around the T.

Good post, 30% trainer, 10-1 ML.

The only thing about that horse is that the ML is very bad on him, he will be half that when said and done IMO

thespaah
10-24-2007, 04:48 PM
This year's edition of the juvenile fillies is one of the worst collection of horses we have seen in this race. I'm looking for a bomb in here.

Zee Zee - Her pedigree is turf, but I've been watching her since she got one of the best works at OBS's two year-old sale in April. Her last workout at Belmont was the second best of the distance beyond only the big move from Tale of Ekati. He is going to be one of the juvenile favorites.

She's proven she can run the distance, all she needs to show is she can make the switch to dirt. From what I have seen in her works on the dirt, that shouldn't be a problem.

Her profile fits the winning profile of this race. Her Beyer average is a little on the low side, but turf numbers usually are. Her final quarter mile in a route is faster than anything in this field. I know turf races finish quicker, but I think with the the pace up front, it is going to take a big kick to win this at the end.

At 30-1 or higher for a horse who I think has a legitimate shot, I'll take it.
I may go this way too. I made money with this one at Saratoga. The one thing I have to question is why Desormeaux isn't on her this time.
She broke her maiden on 8/6 at 8 1/2 furlongs on the weeds. Pretty good race for her. Desprmeaux steered her btewen fillies and won in professional effort. Definitely worth throwing her into the exotics.

toetoe
10-24-2007, 04:53 PM
Two I think will excel on real dirt are Tough Tiz's Sis and Izarra.

I LOVE La Traviata, but odds will not be juicy.

I just thought of a head-to-head I would be willing to take at, say 2/1(?): Awesome Gem over Lawyer Ron.

ceejay
10-24-2007, 04:56 PM
fm turf
All my loving if dry
lahudood if wet

distaff
Octave

BCC
Awesome Gem, to outrun his odds

Hajck Hillstrom
10-24-2007, 06:51 PM
BCJUVFIL: BACKSEAT RHYTHM
BCJUV: Z HUMOR
BCFMTRF: DANZON
BCSPRNT: COMMENTATOR
BCMILE: REMARKABLE NEWS

I wouldn't be shocked if any of them won.

JWBurnie
10-24-2007, 07:10 PM
Old Man Buck - Juv. dirt. Watch his progression from his 2nd start on. This horse is pretty damn versatile, he can lead, rate or close. In his last start BrdrsFut G1, he finished 3rd to Wicked Style beaten 3 1/2, and just a nostril for 2nd. However, the race went something like this (pp. 9) broke in order, carried 5 wide thru the first turn, steady slightly top of the back stretch in 9th(Gold Train injury), gets room wide and begins picking up horses, carries 4 wide into the far turn, is 3rd at the top of the lane, picks up ground on Slew's Tiznow who is losing ground to WS and just misses 2nd. WS ran wire-to-wire, ST sat right of WS's pace by < 1 length until the top of the lane. OMB was the only horse to close ground, had all kinds of traffic troubles and was still running at the wire. He does have a couple big "?", will he like the dirt and/or Monmouth? Well, he was cross entered in the turf but instead chose the dirt. Good move came up easier. Couple angles.....first time blinkers (K. McP. 21%), picks up Bajerano (can't hurt) and in his last work he looked great.

Definitely using him in exotics and at 20-1 I'll keep him honest in the win pool as well.

Grits
10-24-2007, 07:20 PM
BCJUVFIL: BACKSEAT RHYTHM
BCJUV: Z HUMOR
BCFMTRF: DANZON
BCSPRNT: COMMENTATOR
BCMILE: REMARKABLE NEWS

I wouldn't be shocked if any of them won.

Your question is driving me nuts. Its not poly last out. Its not 1st or 2nd race back.........I thought it was they all lost their last out, but no--that's not it either. Danzon won by 5, the others lost.

ex21940
10-24-2007, 07:22 PM
GOTTCHA GOLD

8-5-2-0 here at Mth. Beat LAWYER RON at 10/1 here going a mile here in The Salvatore. 4 1/2 length winner at 15/1 going 1 1/8 last out. Chuckie the C knows the track and is excellent on the front end with 3 wins and a second showing in last the 4 races he's been aboard this critter. 2-1-0-1 on an off track. Last 3 works best of eleven, lone worker at distance, and best of 11 again. Galloped out 2 miles yesterday. 8/1 ML seems high but DC will take lots of play.

Hajck Hillstrom
10-24-2007, 07:37 PM
Your question is driving me nuts.:D They are all 12-1 on the ML.

Premier Turf Club
10-24-2007, 07:43 PM
The only thing about that horse is that the ML is very bad on him, he will be half that when said and done IMO

My guess is between 5-1 and 7-1.

Grits
10-24-2007, 07:46 PM
:D They are all 12-1 on the ML.

Lord, here I am ......chasing Rocket Science. And you give me the obvious--LOLOL. The ELEPHANT IN THE LIVING ROOM.:lol:

ceejay
10-24-2007, 08:32 PM
Old Man Buck - Juv. dirt. Watch his progression from his 2nd start on. This horse is pretty damn versatile, he can lead, rate or close. In his last start BrdrsFut G1, he finished 3rd to Wicked Style beaten 3 1/2, and just a nostril for 2nd. However, the race went something like this (pp. 9) broke in order, carried 5 wide thru the first turn, steady slightly top of the back stretch in 9th(Gold Train injury), gets room wide and begins picking up horses, carries 4 wide into the far turn, is 3rd at the top of the lane, picks up ground on Slew's Tiznow who is losing ground to WS and just misses 2nd. WS ran wire-to-wire, ST sat right of WS's pace by < 1 length until the top of the lane. OMB was the only horse to close ground, had all kinds of traffic troubles and was still running at the wire. He does have a couple big "?", will he like the dirt and/or Monmouth? Well, he was cross entered in the turf but instead chose the dirt. Good move came up easier. Couple angles.....first time blinkers (K. McP. 21%), picks up Bajerano (can't hurt) and in his last work he looked great.

Definitely using him in exotics and at 20-1 I'll keep him honest in the win pool as well.
You must really like cherokee triangle in the Juvy Turf then.......

jjm323
10-24-2007, 09:15 PM
Did you see his work on Monday at Belmont? It was terrible.

Scav
10-25-2007, 01:56 AM
My guess is between 5-1 and 7-1.

I can't argue with that, although I think he is alot closer to 5/1 and probably a click lower at 9/2. Every sheet player in the world will be playing that horse at 4/1 or better because he is the fastest horse and Maker has been on fire recently. Throw that into his well planned layoff and you have a monster ready to run another top.

gIracing
10-25-2007, 04:37 AM
man everyone stole my thunder with Smarty Deb. no way in hell she sniffs 30 to 1.

I'd take a second look at silent name.

Bobzilla
10-25-2007, 07:31 AM
I remember back in 1999 I was very excited about playing Anees in the Juvenile. Then about 5 or 6 days before the big race at GP it was reported he had a less than inspiring workout. I immediately got off him. Imagine my horror as I watched him come storming down the inside then angle out to take the money.
I said to myself "Never Again!!!!" will I allow reports of stinker works in the morning sway me from playing a horse I really liked the set up on.

Z Humor galloped fine yesterday. Mott thinks he kicked himself during the work on Monday and "aborted" the latter part of the move himself. If you like him, PLAY HIM. Don't experience the same regret I did in 99 down in Fla. Personally, I love Z Humor's chances in this spot. Slew's Tiznow also intrigues me. Overextended might juice up vertical slots and I believe O'Neill is actually quite high on him.

Others I'm considering are Tasha's Miracle in the Juv.Fillies. Flores will have options from that post. Certainly her trip will be better than her trip in the Oak Leaf. If you haven't watched it, do so. Also consider she had liscence to be a bit short that day. In that race I would also expect good efforts from Proud Spell and Izarra.

Balance will finally have a chance to hear her feet rattle as she is back on the kind of track she performs best on. Mth is not unlike pre-cushion SA. I'd really be stoked to play Balance if Lady Joanne wasn't in the same event. The latter has taken it to a new level IMO. I'm not convinced she liked the Polytrack surface in her last and still almost won. She's a tough cookie that Lady Joanne.

I think Tiago's taking it to a new level as well and doesn't need to be as far back as some believe. Having said that, his lousy pp in this event might require that he drop back. Not a winning strategy on this track, unfortunately. If the fractions are slow, many may be surprised to see the excelleration off those slow fractions of George Washington. His race last year wasn't that bad against a tough group with honest G1 fractions and as a 3yo. I was surprised as I don't usually think of Danehills excelling at 10 panels on good ol' traditional dirt. Hold a gun to my head I'd probably go with Lawyer Ron.

Good Luck to all of you this weekend.

rrpic6
10-25-2007, 10:33 AM
It looks like heavy rains should add to an already challenging handicapping weekend. If things don't dry out the Filly and Mare turf should be of great or greater value than expected. Danzon (#9) should relish a potential quagmire. She almost pulled off a huge upset on KY. Derby day against the boys in the G1 TurfClassic. My only concern is that she might have been venom aided.:confused:

Key 9 with 1,2,4,11,12. I'd aso key the 12 on top. Precious Kitten has the looks of an Intercontinental, sneaky speed that just might keep on going when most of us are saying "when's that 12 horse gonna die"?

RR

jjm323
10-25-2007, 01:34 PM
I remember back in 1999 I was very excited about playing Anees in the Juvenile. Then about 5 or 6 days before the big race at GP it was reported he had a less than inspiring workout. I immediately got off him. Imagine my horror as I watched him come storming down the inside then angle out to take the money.
I said to myself "Never Again!!!!" will I allow reports of stinker works in the morning sway me from playing a horse I really liked the set up on.

Z Humor galloped fine yesterday. Mott thinks he kicked himself during the work on Monday and "aborted" the latter part of the move himself. If you like him, PLAY HIM. Don't experience the same regret I did in 99 down in Fla. Personally, I love Z Humor's chances in this spot. Slew's Tiznow also intrigues me. Overextended might juice up vertical slots and I believe O'Neill is actually quite high on him.

Difference between then and now is that now you can watch the work and judge for yourself. I'm tossing him.

http://www.breederscup.com/bio.aspx?id=28518

Grits
10-25-2007, 10:50 PM
Race 9--Friday--BC Juvenile Mile

#10 Preachin Man

#11 Texas Fever

Notes are in BC selections

BombsAway Bob
10-26-2007, 01:29 AM
looking for a sealed racetrack Friday, I'm hoping for a Big Score with Nick Zito's
WANDERIN BOY(#3)in the 10th@Monmouth "BCDirtMile"..
Looking over the PP's, he is the ONLY horse to have run over a sealed track;
Won by 7 w/a century Beyer, & won by 4 w/ a 103 Beyer; 10/1 gets my $$.
www.myspace.com/bobgrant3 (http://www.myspace.com/bobgrant3)

DaylightDies
10-26-2007, 02:14 AM
I am going to go with #2 Cannonball in race #9 on Friday.

jognlope
10-26-2007, 11:49 AM
I bet Wanderin Boy (like what you said about sealed track) to win and #6, race 3, for no apparent reason, other than my blood sugar being low and on the way home from store.

dutchboy
10-26-2007, 12:58 PM
Sat MTH R 9

#1 Balance and #6 Bear Now.

toetoe
10-26-2007, 01:19 PM
Formal Gold has posted an apologia for Forefathers in the Sprint thread that no one reads. I'm glad to see he has scratched from today's mile-and-70-yards race, and he'll go tomorrow. Some kind of shot at a huge price. :jump:

DanG
10-26-2007, 01:30 PM
F&M Sprint…

While I am a HUGE “La Traviata” fan (A stone cold sprinting freak!) at a price I’m using #8 “Wild Gam’s” in all slots. (Assuming it looks as if you can gain on this track.) :rolleyes:

BTW: Yes she lugged in her last and has a paddling action with her left front, but you don’t get II-digit odds without some issues. Glad Ramon rode her in last so he can anticipate her lane issues.

She had huge ability early losing a dirty grade-1 photo sprinting.
Multiple physical issues since and she has been pointed for this.
3rd of a layoff with two explosive finishes on synthetic.
Has a strong wet Monmouth sprint on her resume and this pace will be wild in here.
Late in her 4yo year gives her a maturity edge.
Great rider with this running style. (BTW: 30% rider on wet tracks)
Early velocity numbers decent for an artificial horse that finishes so strong.
Hot trainer.
10/1 MLO with major reputation horses in race (In fairness, not just reputation either, very talented bunch.) her odds can go anywhere.

john del riccio
10-26-2007, 01:47 PM
F&M Sprint…

While I am a HUGE “La Traviata” fan (A stone cold sprinting freak!) at a price I’m using #8 “Wild Gam’s” in all slots. (Assuming it looks as if you can gain on this track.) :rolleyes:

BTW: Yes she lugged in her last and has a paddling action with her left front, but you don’t get II-digit odds without some issues. Glad Ramon rode her in last so he can anticipate her lane issues.

She had huge ability early losing a dirty grade-1 photo sprinting.
Multiple physical issues since and she has been pointed for this.
3rd of a layoff with two explosive finishes on synthetic.
Has a strong wet Monmouth sprint on her resume and this pace will be wild in here.
Late in her 4yo year gives her a maturity edge.
Great rider with this running style. (BTW: 30% rider on wet tracks)
Early velocity numbers decent for an artificial horse that finishes so strong.
Hot trainer.
10/1 MLO with major reputation horses in race (In fairness, not just reputation either, very talented bunch.) her odds can go anywhere.

Dan,

She is fast enough on her best day but she simply doesn't run 2 good ones in a row.

John

PS Cannonball at 50-1 is interesting.

Tom
10-26-2007, 01:58 PM
Maryfield today.

DanG
10-26-2007, 02:09 PM
Dan,

She is fast enough on her best day but she simply doesn't run 2 good ones in a row.

John

John…

I think we need a side / head-to-head bet. ;)

Wild Gam’s vs. Cannonball

I know she has soundness issues, but coming off artificial I give her a higher chance of pairing top efforts. Will need a price obviously.

PS: I could cry looking at these conditions John. My beloved NJ gets her crack at the world stage and this happens. Best of luck with your betting. :ThmbUp:

john del riccio
10-26-2007, 02:11 PM
John…

I think we need a side / head-to-head bet. ;)

Wild Gam’s vs. Cannonball

I know she has soundness issues, but coming off artificial I give her a higher chance of pairing top efforts. Will need a price obviously.

PS: I could cry looking at these conditions John. My beloved NJ gets her crack at the world stage and this happens. Best of luck with your betting. :ThmbUp:

You are on, whoever beats the most horses. If I get to TAM, we need to play Mobey Dick if I win, and you chose your song if you win.

John

PS its a mess and gonna get worse.

DanG
10-26-2007, 02:16 PM
You are on, whoever beats the most horses. If I get to TAM, we need to play Mobey Dick if I win, and you chose your song if you win.

John

:ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

john del riccio
10-26-2007, 02:25 PM
Maryfield today.

tom,

i originally liked her but ian's clocker said she looks tucked up and washed out so i will need to pass. Eyeball her in the postparade closely.

john

jfurgie
10-26-2007, 02:25 PM
I know Emerald Downs is a B track, maybe even a C track, but fast is fast & #9-Smarty Deb is my long shot in the JF. (Hmmm, those are my initials). Show me another 2yr old filly that ran from the 6f pole to the finish in a 1-1/16 race in sub 31 seconds. I think she's flying at the end.
(81.60, 33.80, 18.40)

jognlope
10-26-2007, 02:27 PM
My low blood sugar paid off. I hit #3 for race 3 instead of #6, $2 to win and won $12 and change. Well now I need Wanderin Boy to come in!

Hajck Hillstrom
10-26-2007, 04:10 PM
At least everyone can now see that Doris Harwood can win stakes races outside of Auburn Washington as MARGO'S GIFT wins the Favorite Trick Stakes today on the BC undercard, and the opening leg of the late Pik4 at odds of 26-1 paying $55.40.

Certainly bodes well for all Smarty Deb endorsers.

bigmack
10-26-2007, 04:35 PM
Maryfield today.
Here's T Brown, He-could-go-all-the-way ---Touchdown Canandaigua!

DanG
10-26-2007, 04:39 PM

John

John, I think you have to beat 9th!!! :D

Looks like you need to bring your drum sticks when you hit Tampa!

Good luck the rest of the weekend.

PS: Way to go Tom!!! :jump:

mhrussell
10-26-2007, 04:42 PM
Maryfield today.

Tom - aka "The Wizard of PA"

Nice!!

No way I am seriously betting into this mud-fest lotto over the next two days. Any of these pigs could finish anywhere. :D

GaryG
10-26-2007, 04:46 PM
Tom....that was slicker'n owl shit. Nice Pick!

46zilzal
10-26-2007, 04:56 PM
That one is owned by the people who SOLD OUT Washington racing. A day or two after Mrs. Gottstein passed away they sold out the entire industry in Washington state.

Whenever they come to Vancouver all the other trainers turn their backs to them.

joeyreb
10-26-2007, 05:03 PM
on Sat. in the Juv Dirt Overextended

I played Maryfield to win, i liked 1 & 4 there

also in the Sprint DD , Pk 3

john del riccio
10-26-2007, 05:17 PM
tom,

i originally liked her but ian's clocker said she looks tucked up and washed out so i will need to pass. Eyeball her in the postparade closely.

john

i think ians clocker owes me a beer, you on the other hand my friend should hoist one !

john

Zman179
10-26-2007, 05:18 PM
Maryfield today.

Way to go! :jump: Will Finger Lakes have enough to pay him?

Zman179
10-26-2007, 05:21 PM
BTW, tomorrow in the BC Turf, I like Shamdinan to win and Grand Couturier in an exacta box.

Tom
10-26-2007, 05:28 PM
Way to go! :jump: Will Finger Lakes have enough to pay him? They gave me Batavia! :lol:

Premier Turf Club
10-26-2007, 05:37 PM
i think ians clocker owes me a beer, you on the other hand my friend should hoist one !

john

Well, he's 1 for 2 on her. John, remember, he's the guy that gave us Maryfield and Baroness Thatcher the day I hit the big PK4 at SAR. Beer's on him next time we're at BEL.

P.S., FWIW, I didn't think she looked all that hot in the PP either, but boy that 'cocktail' sure kicked in at the 1/16. Congrats to Tom. :ThmbUp:

Me, on the other hand, had the 2-3 but left out the winner. And Cherokee Triangle didn't handle the soft grass at all. :(

DeanT
10-26-2007, 05:50 PM
Congrats Tom. Nice call :ThmbUp:

Hajck Hillstrom
10-26-2007, 05:59 PM
Maryfield today.I see you supported your selection at the windows. Way to hammer her down.

toetoe
10-26-2007, 06:06 PM
Treeful-of-Owls-Man. :ThmbUp:

Hajck Hillstrom
10-26-2007, 06:07 PM
That one is owned by the people who SOLD OUT Washington racing. A day or two after Mrs. Gottstein passed away they sold out the entire industry in Washington state. Whenever they come to Vancouver all the other trainers turn their backs to them.....that when rolling off the tongue, leaves many differents tastes.

Bitter is the one most oft described, and understandably so.

Nice thing about shipping to New Jersey, the reception isn't as cold, even on a day like today.

DanG
10-26-2007, 06:16 PM
John, John…JOHN!!!

Not only do you make a great selection with the 5 day rest Ward turf 2yo and beat me in the “Led Zep” challenge, but the Cannonball killed my triple that I had hooked up strong if the #5 runs 3rd. It looked like a full neck on the video and I'm awaiting prices when I see your bomber posted! :faint:

Nice call…I hope you won at least what I lost!!! :)

Zman179
10-26-2007, 10:07 PM
They gave me Batavia! :lol:

Oh, sorry to hear that. Thought that you might have won something. :lol:

Niko
10-26-2007, 10:30 PM
With the way the track looked today, who know's who'll I be betting tomorrow

7th; Forefathers. Looking less likely
8th; Cosmonaut.
9th; Balance The 1 post probably kicks her out
10th; Transduction.

A couple 6-1 ones but I don't know if they'll count

headhawg
10-26-2007, 11:48 PM
My Longshots for Saturday's BC races

BC Juve Fillies Smarty Deb

BC Juve Old Man Buck

BC F&M Turf Simply Perfect, Argentina

BC Sprint Talent Search, Idiot Proof

BC Mile Silent Name

BC Distaff Octave

BC Turf none

BC Classic Tiago

Cratos
10-26-2007, 11:49 PM

Forefathers in the BC Sprint

• Mott (his trainer) scratched this horse from the BC Dirt 1m70 on Friday to run him at the 6f sprint distance is intriguing
• In the Jerome Hcp at 1 mile he stopped the clock at the 6f marker in 1:08.60
• At Calder he ran away and hid on a sloppy track to win going away.
• He turned in a creditable 57.11 time at the 5f marker two races back
• Midnite Lute, Commentator, and Idiot Proof should set a lively pace up front even in the slop and Forefathers should be the strongest coming off of the pace.

Dark Star
10-27-2007, 12:08 AM
Precious Kitten

Dark Star
10-27-2007, 02:37 AM
Hmm, u can't edit your posts, i was looking at that Precious Kitten listed at 30-1, she hasn't finished worse than second all year and won a Grade 1 3 starts ago, only 3 other horses in the race have won a Grade 1 race on the year, looks like an overlay

Shamdanin in the turf, lightly raced Grade 1 winner and only French horse on the card, going off at 20-1

Idiot Proof, 10-1 on the track record holder, i can understand the big price if he broke the record a few years ago but he broke it 3 starts ago

Hard Spun has the Classic set up nice for him, he could go wire to wire in the slop, he is 1 for 1 in the slop and coming off the best race of his life where he beat Street Sense
Wicked Style undefeated 10-1 shot with a Grade 1 win and win over distance

Zee Zee at 30-1, only horse to beat her was Nownownow who won the Juvy turf, 1st time on dirt

NY BRED
10-27-2007, 06:13 AM
Set Play

I pinhooked her, have regretted selling her, although until yesterday
I felt she had little Chance.

After watching Maryfield, and based on the w/o of Set Play
and her Bold Ruckus bloodline, she has the potential to
win this race if these horses set fast early figures

betchatoo
10-27-2007, 08:11 AM
Maryfield today.
Nice call Tom :ThmbUp:

Boris
10-27-2007, 08:26 AM
Maryfield today.

Well done Tom. Is someone in your family named Mary? :D

Back at ya with Silent Name in the Mile.

Tom
10-27-2007, 09:08 AM
Well done Tom. Is someone in your family named Mary? :D

No, but I live in a "field!" :jump:

JohnGalt1
10-27-2007, 09:34 AM
I put my bets in yesterday and will watch today at home.

My lonshot plays--

In race 4 I bet $20 to win on 3/1 #4 Indian Blessing and 30/1 #9 Smarty Deb.

In race 6 I bet $20 to win on 4/1 #5 Wait A While and $20 to win on 30/1 #12 Prcious Kitten.

In race 8 I bet $40 to win on 8/1 #8 Nobiz Like Showbiz, not that long a shot but I singled him on top of a $66 fifty cent super.

I like low priced horses in the 5th, 7th and 10th races. The Classic is a toss up for me.

However you play, good luck.

jognlope
10-27-2007, 11:36 AM
that was a walk in the rain! But all kinds of turning maple leaves, kinda pretty.

I bet on ZeeZee and favored Ginger Punch. (had to, my first big win was on Quick Punch a few years ago). Does anyone like Teammate. Just a worthless pick three on him. Then favored Tiago because Mike Veitch said so!!

I never win anything so its all moot... shoot...

toetoe
10-27-2007, 11:36 AM
Sprint:

Idiot Proof and Forefathers.

Mile:

Trippi's Storm and MMMMMMAYBE Icy Atlantic ( :eek: ).

Hajck Hillstrom
10-27-2007, 12:12 PM
....SMARTY DEB can no longer be considered a longshot, bet down from 30-1 to 4-1! (second fave)

Wow, now that is some serious action.

Hajck Hillstrom
10-27-2007, 02:06 PM
lahudood if wetNice call!:ThmbUp: