PDA

View Full Version : Monmouth Park

wegoosewe
10-23-2007, 04:35 PM
Does any one have any information on how monmouth park played during there meet when the track was wet? checked the weather report out looks like its going to be raining starting later friday night and carrying over throught saturday. So just trying to plan ahead and figure out what the track did.

46zilzal
10-23-2007, 04:38 PM
Any dirt track has a tendency to favor front runners as the "clean silk syndrome" is rampant on very wet days. Watch how many clean silks are in the winner's circle any sloppy day.

john del riccio
10-23-2007, 05:26 PM
Does any one have any information on how monmouth park played during there meet when the track was wet? checked the weather report out looks like its going to be raining starting later friday night and carrying over throught saturday. So just trying to plan ahead and figure out what the track did.

MTH was a pure speed track with the exception of about 2 weeks after the initial 2-3 weeks of the meet. the track maintenance crew is really bad when it comes to creating an even surface. inside speed was dominant the first two weeks of the meet.

john

michiken
10-23-2007, 07:33 PM
It's just a hunch but I feel like this year's BC at Monmouth is going to go down as one of the worst ever.... like the Go for Wand tragedy or something that will really mar the sport.

Kelso
10-24-2007, 12:31 AM

I met a semi-regular there this summer who relies heavily on pedigree. He did very well in August playing both mud and turf breeding. Turned some good exactas, in particular.

46zilzal
10-24-2007, 12:35 AM
It's just a hunch but I feel like this year's BC at Monmouth is going to go down as one of the worst ever.... like the Go for Wand tragedy or something that will really mar the sport.
And beat Lone Star? That was the most mediocre of them all to date.

alysheba88
10-24-2007, 07:36 AM

What an optimist.

Any thoughts on next 9-11?

DanG
10-24-2007, 07:47 AM
http://w-uh.com/images/glass_half_full.gif

njcurveball
10-24-2007, 09:33 AM
Great picture Dan! That is a concept most people can not grasp! :ThmbUp:

wegoosewe
10-24-2007, 10:17 AM
i figured that it would be a front runners day but i didnt know if since the track was speed favoring if it would be changed at all due to the weather that maybe it would give the come from behind winners a chance. Just trying to figure out look at these races.