PDA

View Full Version : Breeders Cup TalkCast with HOS, PTC, Woodside Associates, HDW and Others

richrosa
10-22-2007, 09:50 PM
This Thursday, October 25th at 8pm ET, you are invited to a public talkcast.

Our Breeders Cup Talkcast will feature our talented panel listed below. We will be providing insight and handicapping for each of the Breeders Cup races to be held this Friday and Saturday Oct 26 & 27th. This will be very interactive as we will be talking questions and comments live from those of you who can join the talkcast.

Currently our panel includes (not finalized, more experts will be added)

Richard Rosa - moderator - principal HandicappingOS
Ian Myers - principal Premier Turf Club
John Del Riccio - Professional Handicapper and principal of Woodside Associates
Joe Riddell - former trainer, bloodstock agent and physicality expert
Boomer Wry - Announcer at Yavapai Downs and Handicapper
Richard Mullikin - Handicappers Data Warehouse

All you need to do is to dial into the following phone number:

Phone Number: (724) 444-7444
Talkcast ID: 63330

Link to the Talkshoe.com webpage for more details.
http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/talkCast.jsp?masterId=63330&cmd=tc

If you can't make it don't worry. This will be recorded and available as a podcast immediately following the Talkcast.

JustRalph
10-22-2007, 09:56 PM
Hope I don't step on any toes..............or maybe as part of the "others"

I suggest adding

Ken Massa?

Jeff from Jcapper?

and having a transcript available for posting later?

richrosa
10-22-2007, 11:00 PM
All are welcome to participate.

There will be an audio transcript available for download immediately following the TalkCast.

JustRalph
10-23-2007, 04:41 AM
:ThmbUp:

richrosa
10-23-2007, 10:56 PM
Just to clarify, there will be 3 ways to listen to this TalkCast.

1) Phone Number: (724) 444-7444 when prompted use Talkcast ID: 63330

2) Listen live through the internet. If you want to participate in the Talkcast, ask questions, you will need to download the client application

Listen live link:
http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/we...Id=63330&cmd=tc

3) The session will be recorded. It will be available at the TalkShoe site and at each of our respective websites after the TalkCast

richrosa
10-24-2007, 08:23 PM
Jeff Platt of JCapper has been added to the panel for tomorrow night. We'll also have a professional player from the Southeast whose past BC analysis has been very insightful. This should be a lot of fun.

Our format is to go over each of the 11 races, take questions, and then talk about some wagering strategies. Our panel should sound like a couple of guys haveing a cigar and a few beers talking about the Breeders Cup.

I hope you can join us either Live or recorded.

richrosa
10-25-2007, 07:45 PM
If you have nothing better to do tonight, we're going to start this talkcast in 15 minutes. I hope you can join us.

njcurveball
10-25-2007, 08:09 PM
No luck with the link. Any ideas?

type Status report

message /talkshoe/we...Id=63330&cmd=tc

description The requested resource (/talkshoe/we...Id=63330&cmd=tc) is not available.

racefinder2
10-25-2007, 08:14 PM
I was trying too-use the top link in this thread--but then it starts asking for registration--even to listen--cant figure out a way in w-o signing up, emails, etc etc.

DeanT
10-25-2007, 08:17 PM
This is the main page. I went down to the BC show link and clicked "listen"

http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/talkNow.jsp?pushNav=1&cmd=live

bigmack
10-25-2007, 08:19 PM
http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/Search.jsp?search=breeders+cup&pageNumber=0&pageSize=25&cmd=search

1st click

richrosa
10-25-2007, 08:25 PM
you can listen online or just dial-in at

AIM: richrosa2
YahooIM: richrosa

DeanT
10-25-2007, 09:05 PM
Fun to hear Rich and John speak.

They sound like horseplayers :cool:

njcurveball
10-25-2007, 09:17 PM
It is a very enjoyable listen! These guys know their stuff and talk like handicappers, not TV people! :ThmbUp:

racefinder2
10-25-2007, 09:23 PM
if I could only get the sound---I made it to the page with the blue box but I notice I only get a brief java sign, then a red 'x' and no sound. Strangely enough when I first clicked I got the same message as njcurveball over and over, with sound!! I have a feeling this is a computer problem on my end-any suggestions from an expert on this ? I tried some simple things like restarting my computer, enabling java, turning up the volume, and checking the mute. I have a MS-IE browser and system. Thanks.

Grits
10-25-2007, 09:27 PM
Too many bells, hoops, and whistles. No, I don't want to sign up to listen.

Maybe it'll work next year.:lol:

richrosa
10-25-2007, 09:28 PM
call in instead:

richrosa
10-25-2007, 09:31 PM
Too many bells, hoops, and whistles. No, I don't want to sign up to listen.

Maybe it'll work next year.:lol:

you can call in, or you can listen to the recording later.

Grits
10-25-2007, 09:32 PM
you can call in, or you can listen to the recording later.

Okey dokey.

richrosa
10-25-2007, 10:30 PM
The Talkcast went real well. Everyone had a good time. Thanks to everyone who participated and listened. Our participants will be posting their bios and email addresses after this post.

We'll probably do this again in the future. In the meantime, the recording is posted at the Talkshoe website. You can listen through the website or download the recording for your MP3 player.

http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/talkCast.jsp?masterId=63330&cmd=tc

You can also get the file from the HandicappingOs.com website and PremierTurfClub.com. It should be posted momentarily.

DeanT
10-25-2007, 10:38 PM
That was well done. Nice to hear some voices with the poster names.

Sure you guys are handicappers? No egos tonight and you all acted like gentleman :)

Great job guys.

Premier Turf Club
10-25-2007, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the kind words. We all had fun doing it. Hopefully we all cash big this weekend.

boomman
10-25-2007, 11:02 PM
That was well done. Nice to hear some voices with the poster names.

Sure you guys are handicappers? No egos tonight and you all acted like gentleman :)

Great job guys.

Thanks Dean! Not only was it fun being a panelist, I thought some of the guys really provided some great insight that you might not hear on other panel discussions!:ThmbUp:

Boomer

bigmack
10-25-2007, 11:41 PM
Matching voice prints has quickly proven that the "gambler from the Sunshine State" is in fact, Dangle from Reno911.

john del riccio
10-26-2007, 04:46 AM
Thanks Dean! Not only was it fun being a panelist, I thought some of the guys really provided some great insight that you might not hear on other panel discussions!:ThmbUp:

Boomer

Boomer, whether you realize it or not, when you made your points, you sounded like you were making a race call everytie you spoke, its was great. Any chance you'd swap with Larry Colmus ?

John

john del riccio
10-26-2007, 08:07 AM
I am assuming some moisture in the track.

FRI BC:
=======

8: BARONNES THATCHER,DREAM RUSH, LA TRAVIATA, SHAGGY MANE
9: GIO PONTI, CANNONBALL, ACHILL ISLAND
10: DISCREET CAT,LEWIS MICHAEL, GOTCHA GOLD

SAT MTH
=======
1: HELSINKI, NOW A VICTOR, BWANA BULL
2: SINDY WITH AN S, SHEETS, MARINA BALLERINA
3: EZ WARRIOR, MOST DISTINGUISHED, BUFFALO MAN
4: IZARRA, IRISH SMOKE, INDIAN BLESSING
5: TALE OF EKATI, WAR PASS, PYRO, WICKED STYLE
6: PRECIOUS KITTEN, SIMPLY PERFECT, DANZON
7: BENNY THE BULL, SMOKEY STOVER, GREGS GOLD
8: EXCELLENT ART, SILENT NAME, NOBIZLIKESHOWBIZ, TRIPPI STORM
9: LADY JOANNE, LEARS PRINCESS, HISTERICAL LADY
10: DYLAN THOMAS, GRAND COURTIER, RED ROCKS
11: CURLIN, STREET SENSE, LAWYER RON

GOOD LUCK !!!!!

John

boomman
10-26-2007, 08:34 AM
Boomer, whether you realize it or not, when you made your points, you sounded like you were making a race call everytie you spoke, its was great. Any chance you'd swap with Larry Colmus ?

John

John: I guess "once an announcer always an announcer", as I've definitely been told that before, and it just emphasizes that my announcing voice is certainly my natural voice (and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not:D ). As for "swapping with Larry" I'm sure he's happy where he's at! I had an opportunity to meet Larry at Gulfstream Park last winter, and he's a class guy!:ThmbUp: John, it was great sitting in with you and all of the other panelists, and I feel like I learned more in the process than I contributed! Great show!!

Boomer

stuball
10-26-2007, 03:06 PM
Loved the show..... great insight into how you look at the races
from many angles.....looking forward to the next one.

Is there a way to set buffering a little higher kept cutting out
to catch up--that was a little distracting..but very enjoyable
otherwise

Stuball :)

richrosa
10-26-2007, 09:17 PM
Stu,

I'm glad you enjoyed the show. We enjoyed doing it.

I believe the buffering is because of the latency between your internet connection and Talkshoe. The next time you can call in live and hear is in real time if the latency presents a problem.

We'll make a post soon about gathering enough momentum to do this more often, possibly weekly.

Indulto
10-26-2007, 10:27 PM
I really enjoyed the show. I came in late and so I listened to the replay as well. jdr's comments were very faint live, but I had no problem hearing them on the archive.

Lots of new (to me) handicapping variables, e.g., feet size, variation in drug testing scrutiny, clocker physicality reports (as opposed to workout fraction analysis). All very enlightening and entertaining, but definitely distracting. You guys almost talked me out of Marysfield today! :rolleyes:

I thought RR sounded very much the broadcasting professional. PTC is a fountain of energy and enthusiasm. He and "Bigfoot" are a good team. ;)

Thanks for a great time. Please do it again soon. :ThmbUp:

richrosa
10-26-2007, 10:42 PM
You guys almost talked me out of Marysfield today!

Thanks for the kind comments.

Lets not forget that after we were just about done with the Juvi Turfers, Jeff Platt made a case for and nailed NowNowNow as his clear pick.

When you consider many of the things we can look at as handicappers, we can get greatly confused with all of the zillions (or bazillions as my 6 year old says) of variables. We all after to what works for us. I'm a numbers guy, which don't work as great at a quirky track in the off-season while raining for 3 days straight.

I got talked out of Corinthian. I will not get talked out Izarra no matter which of my pals think otherwise, plus I touted her big on ATRAB today.

Premier Turf Club
10-26-2007, 11:40 PM
PTC is a fountain of energy and enthusiasm.

Probably because I was on like my 10th Red Bull of the day. It's how I manage to deal with the long hours.

He and "Bigfoot" are a good team. ;)

My partner Joe Riddell is a really good guy. Sometimes it's hysterically funny to listen to him go on and on about foot size and confirmation. We all call him Shoeman.

I think he would have turned out to be a very good trainer had he stuck with it, but he decided there was more money in selling farms. He and Shug were assistants together years ago. A lot of KY trainers still seek out Joe's advice on confirmation.

Seriously though, this was a good group of guys and I enjoyed it. It's nice NOT to have talk about signal wars, indictments, etc. sometimes and just b.s. about horse racing and handicapping. It's to the point that about the only thing I like about this job is dealing with the players...

Rich wants to make this a regular thing which I guess is fine with me if there's any interest.

richrosa
10-27-2007, 07:52 AM
My partner Joe Riddell is a really good guy. Sometimes it's hysterically funny to listen to him go on and on about foot size and confirmation. We all call him Shoeman.

Joe's insight wasn't exclusively limited to shoe stuff. His perspective on Commentator was completely valuable. He was a great add to the panel. I know the other panelists all felt that way.

Charlie D
10-27-2007, 08:06 AM
Wish i'd seen this earlier, sounds very interesting

Would there be a problem in me copying the link and posting it on a couple of UK racing forums???

richrosa
10-27-2007, 08:30 AM
no problem at all

Charlie D
10-27-2007, 08:33 AM
cheers richrosa

Charlie D
10-27-2007, 10:08 AM
enjoyed listening to that guys , a :ThmbUp: to all involved

Charlie D
10-27-2007, 10:28 AM
Willoughby on the Breeders' Cup - Racing Posts Cheif racing correspondent verdit

http://www.racingpost.co.uk/news/guides.sd?psection=racingpost.co.uk&page=BreedersCup&category=Video%20and%20Audio