PDA

View Full Version : Armin Kaminsky Is Back In Business

trying2win
10-22-2007, 09:10 PM
I guess Armin Kaminsky took some time off from his handicapping software business for awhile. He just sent me an email recently, to tell me that he's back online and in business again selling his thoroughbred, harness and greyhound software.

I recall some PA members who used his software products in the past and had some discussions about them here. Maybe in the near future, we'll see some new posts in the Handicapping Software forum on Armin's handicapping software products.

I won't list Armin's website address, unless PA reads this and says it's okay. I don't want to look like I'm giving Armin free adverstising and have the wrath of PA on me :).

Thanks,

T2W

trying2win
10-22-2007, 09:51 PM
[QUOTE=trying2win]I guess Armin Kaminsky took some time off from his handicapping software business for awhile. He just sent me an email recently, to tell me that he's back online and in business again selling his thoroughbred, harness and greyhound software. /QUOTE]

--Oops! I goofed. That one part should have read "selling his thoroughbred, harness and quarter horse software (not greyhound). :blush:

T2W

headhawg
10-22-2007, 10:21 PM
I looked up some of your old posts regarding his software. You seemed to like it. Do you still use it? It appears from his site that there has been no version change (still 2005). If fact, the site doesn't give much info about it at all.

PaceAdvantage
10-23-2007, 02:50 AM
I won't list Armin's website address, unless PA reads this and says it's okay. I don't want to look like I'm giving Armin free adverstising and have the wrath of PA on me :).I never have a problem with a contributing board member sharing anything handicapping wise....link away....

Of course, like in another recent thread, if you come into a post about, say, Brohamer's Modern Pace Handicapper to talk about simubet.com, then I'll have a problem....:lol:

trying2win
10-23-2007, 03:13 AM
[QUOTE=PaceAdvantage]I never have a problem with a contributing board member sharing anything handicapping wise....link away....
QUOTE]

Okay thanks PA. In that case here is Armin Kaminsky's website for any former PA members who were customers of his in the past. or for anyone else who's curious:

http://www.horseracing-handicapper.com/

--At Armin's website he says he'll be listing his BREEEDERS CUP selections. I'm not sure whether that'll be rankings from his thoroughbred handicapping software for the top 3 horses in each race...or maybe he'll list rankings for every horse in a BC race that day. We'll soon find out.

Thanks,

T2W

JimG
10-23-2007, 08:05 AM
Thanks for the link to the site. I found very little information on what the program is about. Does it focus on pace, speed, class, connections, or all of the above? Does it have data base capabilities, create an oddsline, allow for user intervention or just operate as a black box? I guess I am just supposed to plunk down the money and find out. Years ago I would have done that. Not anymore.

Jim

Tom Barrister
10-23-2007, 12:55 PM
You might want to look at the Freebies section. On that page are links to some sample sheets of what's apparently the program's output of racecards. It looks as though it employs the usual factors and combines them into a power rating.

trying2win
10-23-2007, 02:07 PM
Thanks for the link to the site. I found very little information on what the program is about. Does it focus on pace, speed, class, connections, or all of the above? Does it have data base capabilities, create an oddsline, allow for user intervention or just operate as a black box? I guess I am just supposed to plunk down the money and find out. Years ago I would have done that. Not anymore.

Jim

Jim:

When you go to Armin's website, just click on the 'FREE BEES' tab and it'll display a few days of ranking printouts from various tracks. That will give you an indication what factors the software uses.

If you require further information, just send Armin an email. I'm sure he'd be glad to answer any questions you have.

T2W