PDA

View Full Version : Alex Rodrigues underpaid?

harnesslover
10-20-2007, 09:54 PM
**Not a thread to discuss A-rod's ability or postseason stats**

I found this article very interesting because it theoretically says that, with the added value financially that he brings to the Yankees, with his current salary, he is technically underpaid..

http://money.cnn.com/2007/10/20/commentary/sportsbiz/index.htm?postversion=2007102015

"But Boras says that Rodriguez's value will be very high. He pointed to an estimate from Vince Gennaro, a consultant to numerous major league teams and the author of "Diamonds and Dollars," a book about the economics of baseball, that calculates that Rodriguez could produce $48 million per year in revenue and asset appreciation for the Yankees, allowing the team to pay him $34 million in salary, along with a 40 percent luxury tax, and still break even."

kenwoodallpromos
10-20-2007, 11:11 PM
I guess Steinny wanting to break even is a theoretical discussion considering I just hear he bought the Yanks for $10 million and it is supposed to be worth like 1 billion? Plus he just offered to LOWER the salary of a mgr who is 12 for 12 getting into the playoffs? See my signature!!