PDA

View Full Version : "Must See TV"- Sat.'The WORKS'

BombsAway Bob
10-20-2007, 09:09 PM
A Great roundtable discussion of KELLYS LANDING wound up a heated exchange between Gary Stevens & Tom Amoss.
Gary commented Kelly was coming up to the race well, & Tom Amoss was ADAMANT that Kellys Landing had NO SHOT in the BC because of a lack of preps. At that point Gary asked; "Who do I think would be a better trainer of Kellys Landing, Eddie Kenneally or You(TOM)..The answer is 'Eddie'. Don't Go there!" Great stuff.."The Works" episode will be repeated Sunday morning, Oct.21st @ 11am/et 8am/pt... THIS IS REALITY TV! I hope they continue to call each other on questionable support for fringe players in the races! Much more entertaining & truthful than the "He's Super...He's Super.." babble that can sometimes happen.:jump: www.myspace.com/bobgrant3 (http://www.myspace.com/bobgrant3)

JustRalph
10-20-2007, 09:25 PM
I saw it........... Gary had ridden Kelly's Landing prior to his retirement, at least I think that is what they said. I was kind of surprised how Gary went after Amoss..........

furlong21
10-20-2007, 09:53 PM
If memory serves, Stevens was aboard KL when setting the 6 furlong track record at CD. The exchange was great and the sniping has rolled over from one year to the next. Must say I like the frank unfiltered comments.

kenwoodallpromos
10-20-2007, 11:07 PM
"Amoss was ADAMANT that Kellys Landing had NO SHOT in the BC because of a lack of preps"
So between the 2 of them, Amoss was the first to criticize a trainer?

gIracing
10-21-2007, 02:00 AM
I guess Amoss never heard of Da Hoss

lilmegahertz
10-21-2007, 07:18 PM
You go Gary...Now all we need is Frank Lyons slurring his way into the argument and away we go...:cool:

ntheiroff
10-21-2007, 07:44 PM
If I remember correctly, Da Hoss had a prep at Colonial Downs.

richrosa
10-21-2007, 10:52 PM
Remember, its patriotic to disagree with any administration!

I thought the exchange was great. Racing is all about our opinions. The Works should, and sometimes does, reflect this.

BTW, for all the TVG bashers out there, you gotta realize that this show has very high production values, and will be gone to never appear again if TVG ever goes away. I for one almost never miss it. Its essential watching, and I missed it terribly this year before the Derby.

Blenheim
10-22-2007, 06:03 AM
No doubt, good stuff! Ol' Boy Steve was hot! Kinda think he was threatened by Amoss coming on.. Was cool when they came back and whats his name was sittin' between em'.

Anyway, the Works is a must watch. Indian Blessing and Discreet Cat sure looked tough. And Street Sense ... never seen him look so good.

richrosa
10-22-2007, 07:33 AM
Also, nearly all of the segments of "The Works" are available to watch for free on NTRA's website ntra.com.

INFRONT07
10-22-2007, 08:32 AM
Warning;make your own choices&forget what the -experts- say.AMOSS&FRANK cost me$ 2.6 MIL When they said a horse i liked worked out bad & was a trow out.I had the $10k ex but left the horse out of the tri&super in the derby.remember CLOSING ARGEUMENT?Had giacomo &the 3&4 horses.left closing arguement out.$2.6 MILL:mad: :bang: :bang:

toetoe
10-22-2007, 12:55 PM
I admit a touted-off horse that wins can raise hackles. However, whom shall I side with in a battle between a hyperemotional, grudge-grooming, rice paper-skinned cowboy who now thinks he's God's gift to the camera; and a very talented, occasionally sensational trainer ? I think I'll go with the trainer who went out on a limb, picking against EK's horse without slamming EK himself. So he's opinionated ? Oh, my. :eek:

If Amoss brought up a ride from the past and said, "Who would ride my horse, Shoemaker or you, Gary ? Not you ... " that would be sinking to GS's level, and I can hardly imagine it. Gary, burn those DRF clippings and Horseplayer Magazine movie reviews ( :lol: ) that convinced you you're God, beg your wife's forgiveness, and try to become a man.

depalma13
10-22-2007, 01:20 PM
Amoss was pretty convinced that Nafzger had the best horse in last year's Breeders Cup Juvenile and predicted he would win it.

Dan Montilion
10-22-2007, 04:26 PM
I admit a touted-off horse that wins can raise hackles. However, whom shall I side with in a battle between a hyperemotional, grudge-grooming, rice paper-skinned cowboy who now thinks he's God's gift to the camera; and a very talented, occasionally sensational trainer ? I think I'll go with the trainer who went out on a limb, picking against EK's horse without slamming EK himself. So he's opinionated ? Oh, my. :eek:

If Amoss brought up a ride from the past and said, "Who would ride my horse, Shoemaker or you, Gary ? Not you ... " that would be sinking to GS's level, and I can hardly imagine it. Gary, burn those DRF clippings and Horseplayer Magazine movie reviews ( :lol: ) that convinced you you're God, beg your wife's forgiveness, and try to become a man.
When I grow up I want to be like toetoe...

GaryG
10-22-2007, 04:34 PM
t2 that was an epic post...:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

toetoe
10-22-2007, 04:35 PM
Hey, that's so, like, RAN-dom, cuz, um, so do *I!* "Cept, I ALWAYS wanted to. You, yer just, like, jumping on the paddy wagon, er ... whatever, ya know ?

Or are you some kind of Gary Stevens apologist ? Everybody knows Scott (we always called him Scotty :cool: ) got all the riding talent in the family. :lol: