PDA

View Full Version : Santa Anita Will Officially Change Racing Days (Thurs.-Mon)

Turfday
10-18-2007, 09:01 PM
Look for Santa Anita to officially announce in the next couple of days that racing at the meet will take place on Thursdays through Monday with Tuesday and Wednesday the new dark days. I assume the track figures they can make additional revenue from hosting simulcasting for Gulfstream and Fair Grounds on Wednesdays.

jillybeans
10-18-2007, 11:32 PM
Who cares about Santa Anita...part of the Stronach empire....partners with Crooked Downs...tracknet content....exports signals to Jorge hank Rhon......not a track that should be on everyones BLACK list,

David-LV
10-18-2007, 11:47 PM
Look for Santa Anita to officially announce in the next couple of days that racing at the meet will take place on Thursdays through Monday with Tuesday and Wednesday the new dark days. I assume the track figures they can make additional revenue from hosting simulcasting for Gulfstream and Fair Grounds on Wednesdays.

This meet ends on Sun. Nov. 4.

These changes will take place at the next Santa Anita meet beginning on Thur. Dec. 27.

_______
David

gIracing
10-18-2007, 11:58 PM
I can't help who owns it, i lOVE santa anita park and will be my fav track regardless who was the CEO of the track

mhrussell
10-19-2007, 12:09 AM
I wish they would go ahead and make it Thurs-Sun and improve the quality of the offered races. So far, Oak Tree has been horrible. I have not even bothered looking at anything since the opening Saturday; even that day there were only two races worth betting. :sleeping:

DanG
10-19-2007, 08:41 AM
Thanks for the heads up Bob. :ThmbUp:

rastajenk
10-19-2007, 10:58 AM
I assume the track figures they can make additional revenue from hosting simulcasting for Gulfstream and Fair Grounds on Wednesdays.

And by being the dominant presence in simulcasting-land on Mondays.

GaryG
10-19-2007, 11:37 AM
Look for Santa Anita to officially announce in the next couple of days that racing at the meet will take place on Thursdays through Monday with Tuesday and Wednesday the new dark days. I assume the track figures they can make additional revenue from hosting simulcasting for Gulfstream and Fair Grounds on Wednesdays.Fair Grounds races on this same 5 day schedule.

kenwoodallpromos
10-19-2007, 12:41 PM
Maybe they want to avoid attendees from simobetting on NY and other tracks on Wed and keep the money in Ca? I think not many East Coasters bet Ca races anyway!

ponyplayerdotca
10-19-2007, 01:00 PM
Don't forget that the autumn meet at Santa Anita Park is run by the Oak Tree Association, and has little to do with Frank. They rent the track every year for the 7-week meet.

All the race dates and conditions, etc. are determined by Oak Tree.

This announcement is strictly for the Santa Anita Park winter meet, which is completely run by Stronach.

Other than Frank collecting the rental fee for the use of his track, he has no other connection to the Oak Tree Association meeting that I'm aware of.

Of course, if I'm wrong, please correct any info I've posted here.

PaceAdvantage
10-21-2007, 02:14 AM
Who cares about Santa Anita...part of the Stronach empire....partners with Crooked Downs...tracknet content....exports signals to Jorge hank Rhon......not a track that should be on everyones BLACK list,Not necessary to post this kind of thing just because you saw the "Santa Anita" tagline. It borders on spam IMO....

Zman179
10-21-2007, 09:15 AM
I think not many East Coasters bet Ca races anyway!

Actually, the So Cal tracks are extremely popular in the East. However, they get the bulk of the East Coast action when NYRA is finished (around SA race 3.)

kenwoodallpromos
10-21-2007, 01:17 PM
Actually, the So Cal tracks are extremely popular in the East. However, they get the bulk of the East Coast action when NYRA is finished (around SA race 3.)
I guess it gives them evening races to bet on through simo!