PDA

View Full Version : Breeders Cup and Timeform Ratings

Niko
10-18-2007, 12:32 PM
Is there anywhere to buy PP's with Time Form ratings? I was disappointed with the Bris TimeForm ratings last year, they only gave 1 rating per horse.

DRF has now gone to Daily Post Ratings or whatever they are. Is there anywhere reasonable where you can get individual timeform ratings for each horse?

OR;

How does the Post Ratings relate to Time Form (I have certain cut-off points for qualifiers)

TimeForm Post Ratings
115 is equivalent to

THANKS

depalma13
10-18-2007, 05:34 PM
I subtract 14 from the Racing Post rating to equal the Beyer number. It's not an exact science but it works.

Zman179
10-19-2007, 11:18 AM
You could always buy from the source:

www.timeform.com

It's $10 a card, but Timeform has the best European ratings in the business.

cj
10-19-2007, 01:56 PM
I subtract 14 from the Racing Post rating to equal the Beyer number. It's not an exact science but it works.

That may do OK for high class horses, but it would bury you in the lower ratings. It won't matter for the BC of course, but lots of shippers showing up in allowances lately have RPRs less than 100. These should be adjusted UP, not down.

OTM Al
10-19-2007, 08:42 PM
Bigger is better but I also judge on where they ran and who they ran against. The meets are short, but you see a horse that has run competitively at the the big tracks at a similar level as the race they are running in here, do not ignore them. Class is much more of a factor with the Euro runners. Graded runners over there are threats at all levels over here.