PDA

View Full Version : New Mexico

Mil Mascaras
10-17-2007, 01:11 AM
I posted this under the Arizona Offshore thread. But has yet received a response.

Didn't a simliar thing happen in New Mexico last year or so where the state cut off everyone in the state from having an online account? I believe Youbet and a few other ADWs temporarly removed the New Mexican tracks from their wagering menu.

I'm asking as I didn't follow this closely and don't know the details.

MakinItHappen
10-17-2007, 12:24 PM
Sorry Mil, I do not recall anything about a similar situation in New Mexico. Beginning to sound like no one else does either.

Any New Mexico folks out there that could help Mil out?

Best of Luck Everyone!

MakinItHappen

Mil Mascaras
10-17-2007, 06:34 PM
It happened. I just don't know the details.

Wickel
10-18-2007, 12:40 AM
TVG and Xpress Bet shut down all accounts in New Mexico after getting leaned on by Governor Richardson, although many other ADWs still take action from the state. I, personally, have accounts with YouBet, BetPad and Phonebet. Of these, BetPad--and I imagine all the America Tab affiliates--do not accept wagers on New Mexico tracks. YouBet, though, accepts wagers on Ruidoso and Sunland, but doesn't carry the other meets--Albuquerque, Sun Ray, State Fair, Zia. The law is New Mexico, as it pertains to Internet gambling, is really ambiguous. There seems to be a gray area when it comes to horse racing. Hopefully it can get resolved at the next legislative session while the guv is busy seeking the oval office.