PDA

View Full Version : TrackNet to manage Oaklawn Park simulcast signal

Southieboy
10-15-2007, 11:15 PM
http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/editorial/article.cgi?print=yes&id=9535

gIracing
10-15-2007, 11:18 PM
okay..so break it down for me.. what does this mean? they are already on HRTV.. so no network change

kenwoodallpromos
10-16-2007, 12:02 AM
Sounds like a TV show I used to watch in the 1960's- it was called "The Untouchables" and tracknet reminds of the goons who wanted "protection money".
"TrackNet will also manage the purchase of third-party racing content that Oaklawn Park offers as part of its simulcast program at the track."
Tracknet decides not only who the signals are sent to, but who their partners are allowed to carry the signals from.
Just like the 1930's when the mafia decided who's booze they would use and also who the speakeasys could buy their booze from.

trigger
10-16-2007, 11:33 AM
okay..so break it down for me.. what does this mean? they are already on HRTV.. so no network change

http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/editorial/news/article.cgi?id=9535

I think this is the first major non MEC/CHDN track(now have 20) that Tracknet has signed up.

jillybeans
10-16-2007, 11:51 AM
Time to boycott Oaklawn...a track that was insistent on not giving rebates will now have their signal sent to Jorge Hank Rhon, RGS customers (way to go Ehorse), and to whatever other unidentifiable source Kirk Brooks and Scott Daruty deal with.

russowen77
10-16-2007, 12:15 PM
I can't boycott my home track. I am trying to figure out if they are moving Amtote out also. As usual we are clueless around here. I am afraid Charlie is going to live to be a 1000 so we might as well get used to it.

rrbauer
10-16-2007, 12:25 PM

This news was so important that its release to the public came on Brisnet!

:sleeping:

trigger
10-16-2007, 12:28 PM
Time to boycott Oaklawn...a track that was insistent on not giving rebates will now have their signal sent to Jorge Hank Rhon, RGS customers (way to go Ehorse), and to whatever other unidentifiable source Kirk Brooks and Scott Daruty deal with.

I'm no fan of Tracknet because of their willingness to accept CRW (as practiced by Youbet and its subsidieries), but I believe there are only a handfull of US tracks that don't take RGS action . If memory serves , RGS has also been subsequently OK'd by the NY Racing Board after being initially barred after the Uvari scandal. However, I don't know if NYRA tracks now take RGS bets.

o

jillybeans
10-16-2007, 12:36 PM
NYRA has not taken RGS action as RGS would not turn over their player list as requested by NYRA. Which is why we had the 'wheel' out here at the Poker palace. Place your NYRA, Keeneland, Delaware, bets and spin the wheel.....wowwee...another cash winner at the lucky poker palace.

Unome
10-16-2007, 12:54 PM
http://www.lasvegasadvisor.com/images/locations/pokerpalace1.gif

And to think this dump probably had the highest handle in NV

:lol:

jillybeans
10-16-2007, 12:58 PM
Oaklawn should have contacted Ellis Park before signing with crap-net. Boycott Oaklawn.

betovernetcapper
10-16-2007, 01:16 PM
I just have to drop a line to the former first lady of Ark, expressing my reservations about Track Net operating in the same state as Paula Jones and Jim McDougal.

jillybeans
10-16-2007, 01:56 PM
I think betovernetcapper should have rephrased his post to state...is Track-net going to pay Oaklawn for their signal when the meet is over? Highly doubt it. Accounts payable are not considered key-metrics in Bob evans world.

Our Boy Chuck
10-16-2007, 02:22 PM
I believe there are only a handfull of US tracks that don't take RGS action .

You get back to me after the feds finish and we will see if that is still true.

If memory serves , RGS has also been subsequently OK'd by the NY Racing Board after being initially barred after the Uvari scandal. However, I don't know if NYRA tracks now take RGS bets.

And Little Johnny gives them :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Chuckie
Fully Reformed
So not an target of any investigation

betovernetcapper
10-16-2007, 02:24 PM
I think betovernetcapper should have rephrased his post to state...is Track-net going to pay Oaklawn for their signal when the meet is over? Highly doubt it. Accounts payable are not considered key-metrics in Bob evans world.

:lol: times 6,000,000