PDA

View Full Version : Best Literary Work in the field of Signal Wars

betovernetcapper
10-15-2007, 12:41 PM
For the last several months, I've been waiting for a writer to weigh in. I thought that last weeks news would be worth at least a sentence or two, from Baltimore but no.
So if there was an award for great journalism who'd you give it to?

jillybeans
10-15-2007, 01:52 PM
I see i got half the votes...guess i will have to dust off that old resume....hehe

PaceAdvantage
10-17-2007, 12:06 AM
I'm curious as to why you decided to make a poll where everyone can see who voted for what? Cuts down on the responses....

46zilzal
10-17-2007, 01:00 AM
These guys are an option?

betovernetcapper
10-17-2007, 01:04 AM
Your right it was my first poll and If you could a introduce a secret element . that would be great. What to you think about an end time and a small award

betovernetcapper
10-17-2007, 09:14 AM
These guys are an option?

Not only can you vote on them, he is currently winning by a big margin. The situation is very fluid however, with new stories breaking everyday. Frank Angst has got to pick up some votes today with

http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/national-news/2007/October/16/Feds-seize-1.5-million-from-Youbet-IRG-accounts.aspx

and with just 9 days left to the Breeders Cup, the beautiful gold or silver like 2007 Signal Wars Trophy is anyones to win. :)

alydar
10-25-2007, 12:44 PM
If the award goes to best creative writer then Jilly wins hands down. If it goes to the best journalist who provided good information, it is a close call between the top two.

betovernetcapper
10-25-2007, 01:37 PM
If this were the Pentagon Papers, I'd view Jilly as Deep Throat and Ryan and Frank would be Woodward and Bernstein. I wish it were possible to have 3 winners, but ....... :(

betovernetcapper
10-28-2007, 09:01 PM
Meant to post this after the BC Classic, but sloth prevailed. The winner for best literary work on the subject of Signal Wars goes to our very own Jillybeans with 54% of the votes. :jump: Jillly has shown a deep and unwavering commitment to this effort, while maintaining a balanced and non partisan stance, similar to my own.
Coming in a solid second (32%) was Ryan Conley from BloodHorse magazine. :jump: It's hard to actually compare their respective efforts, because Ryan works under some restraints, but it's votes that count. Ryan, you'll always be a winner in my book.
And completing the trifecta is Frank Angst from Thoroughbred Times. :jump: