PDA

View Full Version : National Turf!

Maxspa
10-14-2007, 08:47 PM
All,
Several years ago I signed up with National Turf. I would use their selections with Lee Rousseau, particularly when I visited Las Vegas. Today, I received a message from Bob Selvin, who stated in his email, "Years ago you signed up for a National Turf best plays pin code. You have one unused best plays call and you also have nine unused seminar calls. He goes on to say "That It's been a long time but feel free to use them at your convenience."
We hear about most of the negatives in racing but here is a positive!
Maxspa

Premier Turf Club
10-14-2007, 09:06 PM
Bob Selvin is a class act. I have used their info for years when I play California.

Ian

Maxspa
10-14-2007, 09:09 PM
Ian,
I'm still in the state of shock!
Maxspa

Tom
10-14-2007, 09:18 PM
Those are class guys. :ThmbUp:

Turfday
10-16-2007, 12:13 PM
First, thanks Max for the very kind words in this thread starter.

As some of the oldtimers on this board might recall, Lee Rousso was part of my National Turf handicapping line for many years and a good friend. He decided to get out of handicapping and went to law school.

Here's an interesting story about him from not-too-long-ago (2005). He dived into poker!

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20050713/news_1s13horsecol.html

From ponies to poker: the Lee Rousso story

July 13, 2005

Caught up with Lee Rousso recently at the wedding of his niece, my good friend's daughter.

Horse players may remember Rousso from the times, in the 1980s, when his handicapping seminars were among the most popular in Southern California. He grew up going to the races in the Seattle area with his father and developed a knack for picking the ponies that led, in his mid-20s, to victories in two major handicapping tournaments back when tournaments were just starting to become part of the gambling scene.

Rest of the story at the link above....