PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Kee 4

bellsbendboy
10-14-2007, 03:38 PM
No better pedigree available than that of STATUS SYMBOL! By EM out of an Oaks winner/producer and Neil can get one to fire first out. Two items point to her being ready; 1) she is a January foal and 2) She started off working halfs both good signs! Seven eigths, solid works maybe! Also three others; Tates Queen, underbet Newport Harbor and overbet 'Sweetness.

Allowance for youngsters brings MEAL PENALTY back after facile score in the Jersey slop coming from off the pace on a day where speed ruled. Expensive Tale of The Cat colt should relish the stretch out but can make no mistakes with Celina Slew closing from the clouds and P. Bass getting rider relief. Three long in a tough heat to predict the pace.

As a former manager of the Bryan Station Inn we feel uniquely qualified to handicap this event and will single MY GOLDEN OPINION! Harty trainee has always been cut out to be a good one and this field has come up light. While first turf is a puzzle, a good rule of thumb is that if the horse is a cross between Northern Dancer and Mr. Prospector it will turf until proven otherwise. This High Yield colt from the family of champion Banshee Breeze has been cleverly handled but has never been dead red. After breaking his maiden in start two the Champagne was next, then the 100K Calder race before a shelfing. Brought back in a tough spot in Louisville, the colt scored nicely in upstate NY when blinkers were added. A no show in last indicated a surface change was warranted and after a maintenance move, Harty put the youngster on the turf and shipped here. A solid six panels then a nice Tuesday blowout makes this one dangerous today at a number.

9)

ANDMOREAGAIN looked very good in her blowout Wednesday, gets Lasix, drops big weight and will appreciate nine poles. Biancone exceptional with this type as expensive DH filly tries her first left handed course. Also GULCHIC who gets Rene after a good showing at the shore with the rail way out. Two deep. Call it 4,5,8,11/ 3,9,11/ 4 / 1,6 Welcome Hooves, who goes from birdshot to a sniper rifle. BBB

docicu3
10-15-2007, 04:10 AM
No better pedigree available than that of STATUS SYMBOL! By EM out of an Oaks winner/producer and Neil can get one to fire first out. Two items point to her being ready; 1) she is a January foal and 2) She started off working halfs both good signs! Seven eigths, solid works maybe! Also three others; Tates Queen, underbet Newport Harbor and overbet 'Sweetness.

Allowance for youngsters brings MEAL PENALTY back after facile score inD the Jersey slop coming from off the pace on a day where speed ruled. Expensive Tale of The Cat colt should relish the stretch out but can make no mistakes with Celina Slew closing from the clouds and P. Bass getting rider relief. Three long in a tough heat to predict the pace.

As a former manager of the Bryan Station Inn we feel uniquely qualified to handicap this event and will single MY GOLDEN OPINION! Harty trainee has always been cut out to be a good one and this field has come up light. While first turf is a puzzle, a good rule of thumb is that if the horse is a cross between Northern Dancer and Mr. Prospector it will turf until proven otherwise. This High Yield colt from the family of champion Banshee Breeze has been cleverly handled but has never been dead red. After breaking his maiden in start two the Champagne was next, then the 100K Calder race before a shelfing. Brought back in a tough spot in Louisville, the colt scored nicely in upstate NY when blinkers were added. A no show in last indicated a surface change was warranted and after a maintenance move, Harty put the youngster on the turf and shipped here. A solid six panels then a nice Tuesday blowout makes this one dangerous today at a number.

9)

ANDMOREAGAIN looked very good in her blowout Wednesday, gets Lasix, drops big weight and will appreciate nine poles. Biancone exceptional with this type as expensive DH filly tries her first left handed course. Also GULCHIC who gets Rene after a good showing at the shore with the rail way out. Two deep. Call it 4,5,8,11/ 3,9,11/ 4 / 1,6 Welcome Hooves, who goes from birdshot to a sniper rifle. BBB

Didn't HOOVES accurately predict the winners of all 9 races in his picks today (10/14) on Derbytrail.com. Be careful what you wish for .......Ky Killer is a mighty potent bad ass to call out on a racing forum. Good luck to you the rest of the Keeneland meet BBB.

Ron
10-15-2007, 10:33 AM
Didn't HOOVES accurately predict the winners of all 9 races in his picks today (10/14) on Derbytrail.com. Be careful what you wish for .......Ky Killer is a mighty potent bad ass to call out on a racing forum. Good luck to you the rest of the Keeneland meet BBB.

Try to keep your lameness to the kiddie board.

bellsbendboy
10-15-2007, 03:53 PM
Being very deliberate in our handicapping it is difficult to play three days in a row especially with the deep contentious fields Keeneland offers. Nevertheless with only one turf race and two seven furlong sprints in the late sequence we went in anticipating a score.

Leg one was a maiden for juvenile fillies and the reliable Mike Stidham scored with his very well prepared Pin Oak hombred Sweetness N Light ($3.40) who absolutley scorched the track in the final furlong. 'Sweetness a chestnut by Distorted Humor looks to have a future and will probably surface next in the Churchill stake. We added three, (perhaps somewhat foolishly given that last Sundays work by 'Sweetness was faster than these could run and accomplished "in hand") and they ran well enough, though no threat. Newport Harbor had finished second in each of her four starts and will surely find a field she can beat soon. The other two Status Symbol and Tates Queen both ran sneaky good with the latter coming from tenth to get third money and SS off very slow another length and a half back. A solid handicapping angle; Given that deep closers are often bad bets, they are, we look for horses that made up lengths when the winner EXTENDED their margin from the eighth pole home in fast time. Neither 'Tates nor 'Symbol will be maidens long.

An entry level allowance came next and we escaped when Pletcher's Meal Penalty ($8.40) won a very tight photo over the ten to one Tafle homebred appropriately named Unbridled Vicar. It would have been a painful loss for us as we knew the pace would be plenty legit and 'Vicar had made up good ground in each of his two starts. We added two; P. Bass who has an odd way of going and that did not sit well with Melancon up for the first time and Celina Slew who closed decently for third money. Another handicapping angle; Perhaps some twenty percent of all horses are run offs and with youngsters that number is certainly higher. This race featured several with Imperium being the best example as anything related to Coronado's Quest is usually a nut case. Using time (early fractions) to quantify pace, is often a mistake with juveniles or lightly raced horses. This race featured a contested pace and the time ( 22.50, 45.83) did not reflect that it was taxing. We look for runoffs in our handicapping, found several here and yet dropped the ball big time! Two year olds, a strenuous early pace and seven furlongs screamed for off the pace runners. Taking a four horse superfecta box with the only horses who have closed well returned five dollars short of five grand! With the superfecta pool just short of 100,000, we have a feeling that there are some vertical players out there thinking that this is an easy game; its not.

Stake. Crash and burn. Another pick four gone. Ten horses and we did not like ANY of them!! From the rail out 'Fate did not figure to turf, 'Fever looked awful in his last, Distorted Reality has always been one paced and was dropping drastically back in trip ( he also showed a thirty day gap in his works with the last work termed "maintenance" by a Keeneland clocker), Revival Ridge a runoff with one race in the last fifteen weeks, Sandwaki off 54 weeks and giving weight, Admiral Bird a NY bred, Chief Thief one race in fifteen weeks, Inca King and Jazz Quest an Illini bred plodder.

We landed on My Golden Opinion who was acceptable at twenty to one but put our ticket into the land of extreme risk. MGO was washy, reluctant to load, and rank for a half mile then suddenly settled and finished very well to out photo an over the top Diamond Fever for ninth place!!! Getting back to Inca King ($22.60) for team Assmussen/ Heiligbrodt he is a Grade II winner and had trained very well for this. But he was coming off a couple of ninths and did not figure to sit off horses and finish, off those efforts picking up big weight, he did. Another piece of handicapping, that relates to the interesting thread on "class" elsewhere on this site, is that when horses wash out, a lack of class is often the reason.

Both the crowd, and us had little trouble with the last. There were five possibles all less than eight to one and four throwouts all off at big numbers. The five finished one thru five. Indescribable ($9.20) wins it for Motion/ Bejarano capping a big day for the latter. The Pleasant Tap homebred broke her maiden in her seventh start by a pole in her last, when equipped with blinkers and dominated this group. Clearly a different animal with the shades. This was another Presque Isle horse that carried its form here, proving that good horses are attracted to good purses. Deciding that the rise in class and poor post might be too much of an obstacle we did not include this one. Sheika and trensa were likewise culled leaving us with Gulchic who ran a good second and Andmoreagain who had big trouble. The sequence returned some $600 for a buck and that seems fair with a 7-10 shot although we never had a real good handle on any of the heats.

Docicu: I am familiar with "Hooves" but do not follow his selections. The few times I have looked at his picks it seems I am reading someones graded entries; there is little if any analysis and he lists four or five horses for every race. If his third, fourth or fifth choice finishes first "he gave out the horse" might work for that forum since there are so many beginner 'cappers there... at any rate I'm happy when anyone reads my posts. Thanks for the kind words. Play again midweek. BBB

keilan
10-15-2007, 04:56 PM
Being very deliberate in our handicapping it is difficult to play three days in a row especially with the deep contentious fields Keeneland offers.

Docicu: I am familiar with "Hooves" but do not follow his selections. The few times I have looked at his picks it seems I am reading someones graded entries; there is little if any analysis and he lists four or five horses for every race. If his third, fourth or fifth choice finishes first "he gave out the horse" might work for that forum since there are so many beginner 'cappers there... at any rate I'm happy when anyone reads my posts. Thanks for the kind words. Play again midweek. BBB

BBB -- I very recently discovered your postings in the selection forum, very nice by the way, congrats.

You hit the nail on the head regarding selections by far too many handicappers. Most post their contender list and claim they cashed if any of their horses crosses the wire first. Much more difficult for those that actually play tickets. There are many ways to lose and ticket structure is a biggie.

Anyways good luck with all your future p4's -- one of my favorite plays :)