PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Kee 4

bellsbendboy
10-13-2007, 03:08 PM
Perryville

Demarcation has closed ground every start and would seem to enjoy the race shape especially on the Beard course. Gulch gelding worked well here last Saturday, gets Gomez who has won on him this oval and will not be overbet. Also Front Court who is very sharp now and Les Grand Trois who need only get the trip to contend. Three deep and hoping for the speed duel to develop.

Taking Stock shows a six pack of works for this, gets Castellano and looks the likeliest. Homebred by DH, is out of a mare that earned over a quarter million and always shows up. Also School Girl who can rate and gets Robby on the reride.

QE II

BIT OF WHIMSY has handled everything Tagg has tossed at her and seems to be sitting on a big one. DH homebred was caught wide thruout in NY and gets the hedge here with Castellano making the trip. Also the only Grade I turf winner COQUERELLE who has been eyeing this spot for months.

Both Curvature and Beckwith Street are homebreds from venerable connections that came off a long benching with very good efforts. If either move forward they win.

Call it: 3,4,7 / 3,9 / 1,6 / 1,3 in a rare back to back attempt. The analysis is short but we put the time in. BBB

Ron
10-13-2007, 03:51 PM
Good luck!

bellsbendboy
10-13-2007, 09:36 PM
Want to exorcise the demons that permeated the late pick four at Keeneland Saturday, quickly posting the autopsy report, so that we can begin work on another attractive pick four opportunity tomorrow.

On the positive side of things we were pretty certain Gomez would have issues on the front end with 'Anna, and we were leery of the Officer colt getting the Beard trip, being out of a Gone West mare, but we were plenty lame elsewhere.

In the Perryville, Steve's Double ($26 or so) gave us no indication he would rate. He did, and we went down quickly. This was a race without a winner, and the eleven to ten favorite was vulnerable on distance and fitness.

Race 8

No real handle by any assessment but did not like any of the nine we did not play.

QE II Formful to a tee.

10th Told a friend, after I bet, and before the first leg, that I made a mistake and should have included the Pletcher runner who figured much, much tighter than either our two. Solid game plan coupled with poor execution. BBB