PDA

View Full Version : Dreaming of Anna - QEII Challenge Cup G1

DJofSD
10-13-2007, 11:02 AM
Dreaming of Anna is entered today in the QEII Challenge Cup a G1 race.

BC current standings show her with 4 pts. A win today would give her a total of 14 and put her in position to get into the Fillie and Mare Turf.

Two weeks to go for the BC. Is she capable today?

OTM Al
10-13-2007, 11:26 AM
I like a couple of the foriegners, 6 and 8 (esp the 6), a bit better on class alone, so she's a bet against today for me.

DJofSD
10-13-2007, 11:54 AM
I have a few question marks on my PPs about Coquerelle. That is not to say she's not a contender. Did not finish her last 4 months ago because she apparently bled, and today, 1st US start she'll get LASIX. Led and won in a 10 furlong affair in a Group I over soft going at Longchamp -- will she try to gain the lead today or be religated to mid-pack? Brings her jock with her but can he ride here in the US against some of our best?

If Costume runs that same race today (2nd time LASIX) as her 1st US start, she'll be closing like a freight train. There could very well be sufficent early pace to set it up for her.

the_fat_man
10-13-2007, 12:32 PM
I have a few question marks on my PPs about Coquerelle. That is not to say she's not a contender. Did not finish her last 4 months ago because she apparently bled, and today, 1st US start she'll get LASIX. Led and won in a 10 furlong affair in a Group I over soft going at Longchamp -- will she try to gain the lead today or be religated to mid-pack? Brings her jock with her but can he ride here in the US against some of our best?

If Costume runs that same race today (2nd time LASIX) as her 1st US start, she'll be closing like a freight train. There could very well be sufficent early pace to set it up for her.

I think that Coquerelle is certainly a risky bet given her issues and worth going against. Of course, it appears as if she towers over these in terms of ability.

Costume seems to be the wiseguy choice. She had to briefly steady and wait for horses to pass last out in the stretch, then had some footwork issues before putting in a nice late run to just miss 2nd. If she got a clear run she'd have been an easy 2nd. Of course, the winner of that race got hammered against older and Costume did get a garden trip till she entered the stretch. She's interesting but there are horses coming out of the same race that ran better, IMO.

DJofSD
10-13-2007, 07:31 PM
Thanks both -- I considered the feedback and reviewed my analysis which put me on the winner.

sammy the sage
10-13-2007, 09:18 PM
nice red-board on a horse not even mentioned :sleeping: :p