PDA

View Full Version : Rush Limbaugh Wins Nobel Peace Prize!

hcap
10-12-2007, 08:54 AM
NOT!

Congratulations President Gore.

http://static.firedoglake.com/2007/10/2007_10_12t052818_450x300_us_nobel_peace_gore_ipcc .thumbnail.jpg

hcap
10-12-2007, 09:02 AM
Lest you limpbag fans forget....

"Landmark Legal Foundation herewith submits the name of Rush Limbaugh as an unsolicited nomination for the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize. We are offering this nomination for Mr. Limbaugh's nearly two decades of tireless efforts to promote liberty, equality and opportunity for all mankind, regardless of race, creed, economic stratum or national origin. We fervently believe that these are the only real cornerstones of just and lasting peace throughout the world.

Rush Limbaugh is a nationally syndicated radio talk show host in the United States and one of the most popular broadcasters in the world. His daily radio show is heard on more than 600 radio stations in the United States and around the world. For 18 years he has used his show to become the foremost advocate for freedom and democracy in the world today. Everyday he gives voice to the values of democratic governance, individual opportunity and the just, equal application of the rule of law -- and it is
fitting the Nobel Committee recognize the power of these ideals to build a truly peaceful world for future generations.

Thank you for your thoughtful and serious consideration of this nomination. Should you require additional information, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,
Mark R. Levin..........BwahHahahahahahahhahahah!!!!!!!!!!! !!
President

:lol: :lol: :D :sleeping: :bang:

Tom
10-12-2007, 09:32 AM
ALLGORE and the UN........what have either done in the name of peace?
Junk science and illegal oil deals.........this world is pretty low on the intelligence scale.

Rush winning it would have been a joke, like funny HAHA.
Al winning it is preposterous.
But the U friggin' N winning it - boggles the mind.

Throw them out of NY, and get us out of it NOW.
It is of zero value to this country, ergo, it is of zero value.:lol:

ArlJim78
10-12-2007, 09:34 AM
http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/al-gore-speech.gif

congrats Al, we're all very proud.

hcap
10-12-2007, 09:39 AM
http://sc.tri-bit.com/images/7/70/Bush_-_Presidency_for_Dummies.jpg

hcap
10-12-2007, 09:48 AM
Thank you mister boosch...

http://www.floridadude.com/ShitCreekPaddleStore.jpg

Tom
10-12-2007, 09:54 AM
I guess having polar bears in your cartoon trumps saving 2500 children from death during the holocoust.

Proud of Al??????:lol: GOOD one!

The man is a dullard, a liar, a mark, and an embarrasment to this country.
He should run the UN....right up his alley. :ThmbDown::ThmbDown::ThmbDown:

hcap
10-12-2007, 09:58 AM
Tom I guess having polar bears in your cartoon trumps saving 2500 children from death during the holocoust.
Huh?? And you are babbling about what? Pray tell

hcap
10-12-2007, 10:07 AM
Ok, I found the reference.

Her actions are laudable too.
But it does not diminish Gore getting it.

He won it fair and square. Unlike the the florid-duh gift to boocsh

ArlJim78
10-12-2007, 10:24 AM
I have the same feeling as the Czech president who said about Gore,
“The relationship between his activities and world peace is unclear and indistinct,” the statement said. “It rather seems that Gore’s doubting of basic cornerstones of the current civilization does not contribute to peace.”

http://michellemalkin.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/algorepray.jpg

Of course he is correct, it has nothing to do with peace and everything to do with the fact that international groups like the UN or Nobel committee simply fall in love with high ranking US officials who are critical of the US.

hcap
10-12-2007, 10:36 AM
Then again if you think the UN is worthless, you will discount this immediately even tho' these are root causes for war. Maybe you would rather give it to bush for his bush doctrine of preemptive war? I mean it does involve one resource not mentioned by Mz Beckett-OIL

The UN...

...Britain, which holds the rotating presidency of the Security Council, organized the open session to highlight what its foreign secretary, Margaret Beckett, said was the "security imperative" to tackle climate change because it can worsen problems that cause conflicts and can threaten the entire planet.

"What makes wars start?" she said. "Fights over water; changing patterns of rainfall; fights over food production; land use."

She added: "There are few greater potential threats to our economies, too, but also to peace and security itself."

Beckett continued, "This is a groundbreaking day in the history of the Security Council, the first time ever that we will debate climate change as a matter of international peace and security."

PaceAdvantage
10-12-2007, 10:54 AM
Congratulations President Gore.So this is why Democrats can't win the White House. They consistently live in denial while the rest of America does not.

Oh well, perhaps the next big wake up call in November 2008 will stir you from your slumber.

ArlJim78
10-12-2007, 11:06 AM
Then again if you think the UN is worthless, you will discount this immediately even tho' these are root causes for war. Maybe you would rather give it to bush for his bush doctrine of preemptive war? I mean it does involve one resource not mentioned by Mz Beckett-OIL

The UN...
yeah, wars are always breaking out over rainfall.
war has been around way before we supposedly started destroying the planet.

oh and yes, the UN is worthless. why don't they start looking into the root causes of that?

JustRalph
10-12-2007, 11:11 AM
what a joke..........

hcap
10-12-2007, 11:14 AM
So this is why Democrats can't win the White House. Dobson has just given the dems ANOTHER advantage by dissing rudy.
No not Lou

oh and yes, the UN is worthless. why don't they start looking into the root causes of that?The UN guys said no WMDs. Gore said no threat. Seems to me youse guys listened to the wrong team.

46zilzal
10-12-2007, 11:28 AM
Wonder if this will have any effect?
http://www.draftgore.com/newsroom_details.asp?id=971

kenwoodallpromos
10-12-2007, 11:53 AM
I hope Mr. Gore displays all his awards in a sunlit room so he will not have to use electric spotlights to show them off!!

lsbets
10-12-2007, 11:58 AM
This reminds me of Jethro Tull winning best Metal Album.

delayjf
10-12-2007, 12:11 PM
Hcap,

Given your faith in the UN, please outline for us how the UN is handling the situation in Darfur. Aren't they using the same strategies they used in Rewanda and Sierra Leone. With all that money made from the oil for food program I would think that funding would not be an issue.

The UN's vision of the US mirrors yours, no wonder you support them.

GaryG
10-12-2007, 12:16 PM
If Gore does decide to run he may choose to be treated for his acquired case of Dunlop's Syndrome. His belly has done lopped over his belt in recent years.

Tom
10-12-2007, 12:40 PM
Wonder if this will have any effect?
http://www.draftgore.com/newsroom_details.asp?id=971

I support drafting Gore - put him in Sadyr City - he can monitor climate change while he shoots terrorists. :lol:

JustRalph
10-12-2007, 12:41 PM
This reminds me of Jethro Tull winning best Metal Album.

I remember that.......!! :lol: :lol:

that reminds me of Shelby Lynne winning the 'Best New Artist" grammy in 2001

She had only released about 12 albums before that and been in the business for 20 years............. :lol:

hcap
10-12-2007, 01:08 PM
Hcap,

Given your faith in the UN, please outline for us how the UN is handling the situation in Darfur. Aren't they using the same strategies they used in Rewanda and Sierra Leone. With all that money made from the oil for food program I would think that funding would not be an issue.

The UN's vision of the US mirrors yours, no wonder you support them.The UN is better than no UN. I think the world would be much worse without it. And many programs provide help and aid worldwide

# United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)

# United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)

# United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)

# Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS)

# United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees

# World Food Program

# United Nations Population Fund

# United Nations Centre for Human Settlements

# United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change

Besides if we eliminated it, how would you rail against Saddam flaunting the UN no fly zones? :)

Secretariat
10-12-2007, 01:10 PM
Oh for God's sake. Some of these Republicans on this board just need to suck it up and congratulate the man. What a bunch of whiners.

46zilzal
10-12-2007, 01:13 PM
One does not win this award without a substantial body of work. It is not a popularity contest based upon a single year.

hcap
10-12-2007, 01:16 PM
Secretariat Oh for God's sake. Some of these Republicans on this board just need to suck it up and congratulate the man. What a bunch of whiners.Guilty consciences for believing all these years that bush was the legitimate winner. How could they admit in this case the better man DID win? :jump:

46zilzal
10-12-2007, 01:19 PM
Secretariat Guilty consciences for believing all these years that bush was the legitimate winner. How could they admit in this case the better man DID win?

"I want to be the peace president."

Not even close. Men of peace seem to get constantly knocked for being "soft." What would they say about Buddha, Jesus, Ghandi today??? Would be called something like "Candy ass."

FROM CNN: "The Nobel committee's announcement cited Gore and the IPCC "for their efforts to build up and disseminate greater knowledge about man-made climate change, and to lay the foundations for the measures that are needed to counteract such change."

lsbets
10-12-2007, 01:31 PM
One does not win this award without a substantial body of work. It is not a popularity contest based upon a single year.

What was Arafat's body of work?

46zilzal
10-12-2007, 01:43 PM
What was Arafat's body of work?
That year it appeared that the process was the award and all individuals who were a part of it shared.
1994 - Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin, Foreign Minister Shimon Peres and PLO chairman Yasser Arafat.

hcap
10-12-2007, 01:45 PM
It was awarded jointly. Not one of my favorites either but in context not as bad....

The prize was awarded joinly to:

YASSER ARAFAT , Chairman of the Executive Committee of the PLO, President of the Palestinian National Authority.

SHIMON PERES , Foreign Minister of Israel.

YITZHAK RABIN , Prime Minister of Israel.

for their efforts to create peace in the Middle East.

The year before...

The prize was awarded jointly to:

NELSON MANDELA Leader of the ANC.

FREDRIK WILLEM DE KLERK President of the Republic of South Africa.

The list. Not to shabby

http://www.nobelprizes.com/nobel/peace/peace.html

46zilzal
10-12-2007, 02:17 PM
And how do our British allies evaluate those in the world today who are promoting peace or the opposite of it?

Thus
http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,,1938434,00.html

Dan Montilion
10-12-2007, 02:18 PM
Gore won the Nobel Peace prize for what? Inventing the internet?

hcap
10-12-2007, 02:24 PM
Gore won the Nobel Peace prize for what? Inventing the internet?

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp

Claim: Vice-President Al Gore claimed that he "invented" the Internet.

Origins: Despite the derisive references that continue even today, Al Gore did not claim he "invented" the Internet, nor did he say anything that could reasonably be interpreted that way.

On the other hand bush in fact did invent "The Internets"

http://politicalhumor.about.com/cs/georgewbush/a/top10bushisms.htm

"I hear there's rumors on the Internets that we're going to have a draft." —second presidential debate, St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 8, 2004

46zilzal
10-12-2007, 02:30 PM
"I hear there's rumors on the Internets that we're going to have a draft." —second presidential debate, St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 8, 2004
There's more than one??????????

The other ones are for the 'suiciders' to chat up their next move or for the 'childrens do learn' crowd.

CNN posted a bunch of letters from those erudite and learned "bad science" crowd who are howling. They miss the point: awareness of a global problem is what he won the thing for. These are the same brainwashed anti-science people can keep their heads in the sand forever and promote such ridiculous things like intelligent design until the cows come home. There are global changes occuring at an accelerated rate and if someone does not do something to TRY and curb them, the planet is going to be in trouble.

When I took my master's in toxicology we were yelled at pointing out overpopulation and pollution by these same idiots. Look at the explosion of asthma worldwide.....signs all the time for the ostriches to dismiss. It is happening and we are NOT a distinct class of biology. Humans are animals just like the rest and are subject to the same pressures.

Tom
10-12-2007, 02:55 PM
...It is happening and we are NOT a distinct class of biology. Humans are animals just like the rest and are subject to the same pressures.

From that premise, how do you make the leap that the climate should be to our best interests? Who is to say a warmer planet is not part of evolution? Perhaps a newer species is supposed to replace us. If WE cause GW, who is to say it is not our role to do jsut that? Surely any advocate of evolutinon cannot possibly think that we are the end result. WE are part of nature, so our actions are natural. Read that as not a morality issue, as Dumbo the Treehugger says. How can you put moral values on evolution? Species go extinct every day. It is natural, and if we are part of nature.......

46zilzal
10-12-2007, 02:57 PM
Time has a good article about his multi-year promotion of the idea back when it was just beginning to get notice.
http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1670871,00.html

46zilzal
10-12-2007, 03:02 PM
How can you put moral values on evolution? Species go extinct every day. It is natural, and if we are part of nature.......

Not when the greatest selective pressure in their demise is HUMAN kind. Take away their niche, interrupt their breeding grounds, take away their wetlands......Ducks don't do this, Cariboo haven't brought in earth movers, and mice don't over-populate and push out the natural balances that years of ecological organization developed. Large mammals are going extinct: no free range to predate. Frogs are going extinct......None of this is caused by any other being on the plante except the number one polluters Homo sapiens.

ArlJim78
10-12-2007, 03:22 PM
The UN guys said no WMDs. Gore said no threat. Seems to me youse guys listened to the wrong team.

Oh noooo, sorry wrong answer. Listen to the mans own words. In this speech from 1992 he chastises Bush 41 for being to lenient on Iraq and makes the case that they are a terror sponsor and were pursuing nuclear weapons.

http://hotair.com/archives/2007/06/12/algore-video-bush-41-lied-people-died-1992-edition/

kenwoodallpromos
10-12-2007, 03:34 PM
I do not understand how someone is promoting "peace" by claiming the icecaps are melting. Maybe the headline shouild read:
GORE WINS PROGRESSIVE PRIZE.

Tom
10-12-2007, 03:47 PM
Not when the greatest selective pressure in their demise is HUMAN kind. Take away their niche, interrupt their breeding grounds, take away their wetlands......Ducks don't do this, Cariboo haven't brought in earth movers, and mice don't over-populate and push out the natural balances that years of ecological organization developed. Large mammals are going extinct: no free range to predate. Frogs are going extinct......None of this is caused by any other being on the plante except the number one polluters Homo sapiens.

Then it is natual. And yes, mice do over-populate every so often.

46zilzal
10-12-2007, 04:50 PM
Then it is natural. And yes, mice do over-populate every so often.
Take MAN out of the equation and the it's natural.

That is the only species messing it up.

46zilzal
10-12-2007, 05:10 PM
from Reuters: "San Francisco-based Current TV, Gore's television network, won an Emmy award last month for outstanding achievement in interactive television service."

It is going very well for him in all areas.

hcap
10-12-2007, 05:32 PM
Oh noooo, sorry wrong answer. Listen to the mans own words. In this speech from 1992 he chastises Bush 41 for being to lenient on Iraq and makes the case that they are a terror sponsor and were pursuing nuclear weapons.

http://hotair.com/archives/2007/06/12/algore-video-bush-41-lied-people-died-1992-edition/In 1992, the situation was very different. If you want to go back to the fifties, it was clear we-the US supported Saddam. Who were the politicians then?

Saddam first became involved with U.S. intelligence agencies at the start of the September 1980 Iran-Iraq war, his first contacts with U.S. officials date back to 1959, when he was part of a CIA-authorized six-man squad tasked with assassinating then Iraqi Prime Minister Gen. Abd al-Karim Qasim.

In July 1958, Qasim had overthrown the Iraqi monarchy in what one former U.S. diplomat, who asked not to be identified, described as "a horrible orgy of bloodshed."

According to current and former U.S. officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity, Iraq was then regarded as a key buffer and strategic asset in the Cold War with the Soviet Union. For example, in the mid-1950s, Iraq was quick to join the anti-Soviet Baghdad Pact which was to defend the region and whose members included Turkey, Britain, Iran and Pakistan.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/transcripts/gore_text092302.html

Here is President Gore commenting in 2002. Just before the war.

" Like most Americans, I've been wrestling with the question of what our country needs to do to defend itself from the kind of focused, intense and evil attack that we suffered a year ago September 11th. We ought to assume that the forces that are responsible for that attack are even now attempting to plan another attack against us.

I'm speaking today in an effort to recommend a specific course of action for our country, which I sincerely believe would be better for our country than the policy that is now being pursued by President Bush. Specifically, I am deeply concerned that the course of action that we are presently embarking upon with respect to Iraq has the potential to seriously damage our ability to win the war against terrorism and to weaken our ability to lead the world in this new century."

... Great nations persevere and then prevail. They do not jump from one unfinished task to another. We should remain focused on the war against terrorism.

And, I believe that we are perfectly capable of staying the course in our war against Osama bin Laden and his terrorist network, while simultaneously taking those steps necessary to build an international coalition to join us in taking on Saddam Hussein in a timely fashion. If you're going after Jesse James, you ought to organize the posse first, especially if you're in the middle of a gunfight with somebody who's out after you."

.................................................. ....................................

Maybe you can find a CLINTONDITTOO for every member of the democratic party somwhere in time before the war. What is important is what happened in the immediate build up and charge to war.

What President Gore said was prescient-( perceiving the significance of events before they occur ). And the UN inspectors were reporting no massive stockpile of WMDs and no nukes. You listened to the wrong team

46zilzal
10-12-2007, 05:33 PM
A fellow in the U.K did not allow Gore's film to be shown to school children as he said that NO polar bears were downing due to loss of ice. I hear about it all the time in Canadian studies and right here:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article767459.ece
http://online.wsj.com/public/article_print/SB113452435089621905-vnekw47PQGtDyf3iv5XEN71_o5I_20061214.html
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A35233-2004Nov8.html
http://www.nature.com/news/2005/051219/full/news0051219-6.html
http://www.biologicaldiversity.org/swcbd/PRESS/polar-bear-12-27-2006.html

hcap
10-12-2007, 05:49 PM
Tom seyz...Who is to say a warmer planet is not part of evolution? Perhaps a newer species is supposed to replace us.I got it. I finally understand your point of view.

And the species is...

http://www.worldproutassembly.org/orangutan-pictures.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

46zilzal
10-12-2007, 06:04 PM
Orangs are too peaceful to survive in this world. One of the reasons there are heading toward extinction.
http://www.buzzle.com/articles/131877.html

toetoe
10-12-2007, 06:17 PM
I've seen decisions about as bad. Henry Kissinger. :eek:
Favorite Trick as Horse of the Year. :lol: Will Horatio Algore go on to do more than Favorite Trick ?

This just in ... Al Gore has declared that da Bears were guilty of genocide when they massacred the Redskins 73 to 0. Our aboriginal friends --- MASSACRED. :(

hcap
10-12-2007, 06:18 PM
Looks like the dog wagged his tail here on the PA off topic board

"So now 'Algore' will join Yasir Arafat among the list of noble Nobel peace laureates," Rush Limbaugh said with much sarcasm at the top of his broadcast today. The Norwegian committee, Limbaugh said, has "rendered themselves a pure, 100 percent joke."

I guess ole' limpbo is jealous. I mean after being nominated by Mark Steyn, and not even showing up as one of the official Nobel nominees.

delayjf
10-12-2007, 06:55 PM
speaking of the Brits.. a British court rules "an inconvienant truth" requires guidense notes due to scientific errors.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071010/sc_afp/entertainmentbritaincourtclimateusfilmgore
Rush Limbaugh said with much sarcasm at the top of his broadcast today.
Hcap, nice to know you're listening, do you work for Dingy Harry?? :)

hcap
10-12-2007, 07:10 PM
Listening to rush? Not today.Or that matter more than once in a year.

From Drudge. The center mouthpiece of wingnuttery.

Who needs the radio after bush invented the internets?
Nice to know what party line will show up here-like the Arafat comparison .
:jump:

toetoe
10-12-2007, 07:25 PM
How can it have errors ? He INVENTED science ferkreis sake. Didn't he ? :confused:

delayjf
10-12-2007, 07:30 PM
From Drudge. The center mouthpiece of wingnuttery.
Well it's a step in the right direction. :ThmbUp:

Personally, after Arafat I could care less who they give the Nobel too. Next year maybe Michael Moore will get his. Wouldn't be surprized to see Robert Mugabe get one for economic development.

DJofSD
10-12-2007, 07:32 PM
The next book I'll be reading is about global warming. (http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9780742551176&itm=1)

hcap
10-12-2007, 08:01 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/03/science/earth/03climate.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

PARIS, Feb. 2 — In a grim and powerful assessment of the future of the planet, the leading international network of climate scientists has concluded for the first time that global warming is “unequivocal” and that human activity is the main driver, “very likely” causing most of the rise in temperatures since 1950.

toetoe
10-12-2007, 08:13 PM
Michael Moore ? :lol:

Robert Mugabe ? :lol:

How about the lovebirds, Chop Chop Chavez and Hairball Belafonte ? No, wait. I got it. Lenora Fulani. YES !! :jump:

To all who may idolize any of the aforementioned: nothing personal, okay ? No "take that, hcap !" No "sit on it, lsbets !" See ? I'm defaming public figures, period.

Someone mention Pres. Bush being "unclear ... " Would that be pronounced "uncular ?" :cool:

dylbert
10-12-2007, 08:59 PM
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=nation_world&id=5072659

maybe Mr. Gore can use his Nobel winnings to pay his enormous annual energy bill!

kenwoodallpromos
10-12-2007, 09:46 PM
Tom seyz...I got it. I finally understand your point of view.

And the species is...

http://www.worldproutassembly.org/orangutan-pictures.jpg

That must be what a polar bear looks like after global warming!

DJofSD
10-12-2007, 09:51 PM
Nope. That's a picture of a liberal when he finally understands he's believed in lies his entire life. What's that Russian novel where the old man right before he dies realizes his life has meant nothing?

ljb
10-13-2007, 12:29 AM
Hcap,
I admire your stamina almost as much as President Al Gores award. Do you never tire of arguing with these wingnuts ? However I just read that Rove has asked for a recount. He has Howard Baker and more of those crooked lawyers from Floriduh on it.

ddog
10-13-2007, 12:30 AM
Well it's a step in the right direction. :ThmbUp:

Personally, after Arafat I could care less who they give the Nobel too. Next year maybe Michael Moore will get his. Wouldn't be surprized to see Robert Mugabe get one for economic development.

I am betting on Bush/Cheney myself.

ljb
10-13-2007, 07:30 AM

hcap
10-13-2007, 07:34 AM
Holy crappola. Limpbag is SO-OO modest. It must be a hard being SO-OO humble.On the March 30 broadcast of his nationally syndicated radio show, Rush Limbaugh declared: "I don't even know why Gore's qualified for this. ... I have done more for world peace to promote liberty and freedom than Al Gore has." Limbaugh stated that he is "an accredited nominee this year for the Nobel Peace Prize" and asserted that it was "cheap" that "Gore's over there" in Norway "lobbying" for the award. He later said: "My lawyers at the Landmark Legal Foundation are looking into the possibility of filing an objection with the Nobel committee over the unethical tampering for this award that Al Gore is engaging in." An accredited nominee?

BwahHaHah!
And pigboys can fly

Tom
10-13-2007, 11:45 AM
Take MAN out of the equation and the it's natural.

That is the only species messing it up.

no, that would be too convenienit. MAN is an inconvenient truth. IF we are just merely part of evolution, as you assert, then we are a part of nature. You cannot dimiss that. What we do is natural, by definition. Just like cows fart, we too contibute to the environment. It is nature at work.

To suggest otherwise would suggest a higer power is at work here.

Anmd you have not addressed my question, nor have ANY of the lemming leftist here, who is to say what the temperature of the earth SHOULD be?

Tom
10-13-2007, 11:55 AM
So hcap, nice to see you still live and die by cartoons. Who will get out of 3rd grade first.....you or Dennis the Menece? :lol:

But to my point - you and Ljb have obviously seen Gore's cartoon. I assume you both agree with him that Africa be prevented from development rather than allow electricity, etc there? And did he cover what happend when corn becomes unavailable as a food source? Prices on everyting dependent on corn are already climbing. What did his plan to save the earth say about this?
and, most importantly, how did he justify his use of carbon offsets in the face of such an emergency? Carbon offsets do not help - they deflect.
And isnt't that what Gore is really all about - defelction?

Frankly, that POS showed his true colors by accepting that award ove rthe nun who rished her life tro really contribute to peace. He is a digusting turd, like all those who support him and think his winnig was a good thing.

Free country - you can be sa stupid as you want to be.:D

delayjf
10-15-2007, 04:57 PM
If there was a way to calculate the number of innocent lives save by taking on Terrorism - they would indeed have a chance.

46zilzal
10-15-2007, 05:08 PM
Lynne Cheney: Terrorist Attacks Worldwide Don't Affect 'American…

Politics – Worldwide terror attacks are rising as a result of the policies Cheney supports. A State Department terrorism report this year showed a nearly 30% increase in worldwide terror attacks in '06. Prior to an attempted attack in London in June, British experts warned that the war in Iraq had increased the threat of terror attacks on their country.

http://www.motherjones.org/news/featurex/2007/03/aftermath.html

PaceAdvantage
10-15-2007, 06:00 PM
What exactly qualifies as a "Jihadist" attack? Do they leave some sort of calling card behind? Is there a picture of Cheney with a mustache drawn in left at the scene....is that how they know and keep such accurate stats?

toetoe
10-15-2007, 06:17 PM
delay,

That is, with all respect, lame AND farfetched. Now, if abortions were prevented and therefore calculable, you'd have a sliver to hang your hat on. Taking on terrorism ? We took on drugs and poverty, don't forget. You're not going to use the "We haven't been attacked since" argument, are you ? Please tell me you're not. No one uses the "It never happened in 200-plus years before Bush" argument, right ? :)

delayjf
10-15-2007, 07:26 PM
That is, with all respect, lame AND farfetched. Now
I don't consider it lame at all. While no one will ever know what might have transpired had we not taken out Saddam, given his past one can surely assume that the Tyranny would have continued. I can tell you that had the Europe nations confronted Hitler in the early 1930s there would have been no WWII. Heck, the Left uses hindsight in their arguments against the war, why can't I.
You're not going to use the "We haven't been attacked since" argument, are you
Well it's true isn't it. The left tries to trivialize that fact because it's irrefutable . I’m not naive enough to think military actions in Afgan / Iraq have tied up all of Al Qaeda’s assets and our borders are certainly porous enough that they could easily get people and supplies in this country. Yet there have been no further attacks. Perhaps they fear what Yamamoto feared after the attack on Pearl Harbor, to paraphrase, he said: I fear I have awaken a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve. The left has done their best to erode that resolve, but another attack on the US….and watch Bush’s approval rating sky rocket.

As a terrorist, who would you want in the White House?

With regards to the War on drugs – How many drug addicts do you think would exist today (especially in the schools) if drugs were as prevalent and easy to get as cigarettes?

toetoe
10-15-2007, 08:02 PM
But we can blame Bush for not taking him out SOONER, by that specious reasoning. And terrorists don't want, prefer, or favor. They just terrorize. We can consider all the people in pain, death throes, deep doo doo, etc. right now, who might NOT be if someone had/had not done something/nothing presumably good/bad or right/wrong. Must we torture ourselves and our logic so ? I say ... NEIGH ! :)

chickenhead
10-15-2007, 08:19 PM
With regards to the War on drugs – How many drug addicts do you think would exist today (especially in the schools) if drugs were as prevalent and easy to get as cigarettes?

I don't have a dog in the other argument, but drugs were easier to come by when I was in school than cigarettes or booze. I assume that is still true most places.

melman
10-16-2007, 08:02 AM
An award for Al Gore?? Must be given by those who want the grant money. :)

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2007/10/13/1191696238792.html

Lefty
10-16-2007, 11:41 AM
Cograts ALGORE. You are quite a guy. An Oscar now a NObel peace prize. Wow. You are right up there, Nobel wise, with Gorbechev, Arafat and Carter.
Hillary won a grammy, Al wins Oscar and Peace Prize, Didn't MM win an Oscar too? Liberals giving prizes to liberals. Now that's diverse.

delayjf
10-16-2007, 12:47 PM
But we can blame Bush for not taking him out SOONER.That’s a good point and you are right, it would have been better to take him out sooner. But that was a political decision made by several administrations not a ethical correct one. Consider what might have happen had the world responded more aggressively towards Saddam for his use of chem weapons, did our lack of action embolden him to invade Kuwait? Also consider that our Military action in Iraq provided the motivation for Kaddafi to give up Libya’s WMD programs – as a result those weapons will never find their way into the hands of Terrorists. My point is this, it’s easy to quantify the cost / affect of taking action and just the opposite with regards to not taking action, but both have consequences.
I don't have a dog in the other argument, but drugs were easier to come by when I was in school than cigarettes or booze. I assume that is still true most places.
I don't despute that, but it seems to me to remove the legal consequence of drugs would only lead to its rampant use - I could be wrong.

chickenhead
10-16-2007, 12:59 PM
I don't despute that, but it seems to me to remove the legal consequence of drugs would only lead to its rampant use - I could be wrong.

I think it would mainly just make them cheaper, and reduce prison costs. Most people aren't interested in using heroin or smoking crack to begin with. The people that are, already do. The legal consequences for the user is very small, the laws are set up to try and deter the dealers. The market just finds the equlibrium price point where people are willing to do it anyway.

Use is already rampant for more popular drugs, like marijuana. Literally the only thing illegality does is in that instance is raise the price.

--end of thread hijack--

46zilzal
10-16-2007, 01:36 PM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

toetoe
10-16-2007, 01:50 PM
delay( :ThmbUp: ), I think we are somewhat agreeable EXCEPT that these things are most assuredly NOT quantifiable. I admire the courage of attempting something major, the consequences of which are UNKNOWABLE. However, it's always dicey. Imagine no A-bombing of Japan, Hitler successfully assassinated early on, Stalin taken out, Castro gone, JFK surviving --- WHEW, it's too much. :faint:

delayjf
10-18-2007, 08:13 PM
Toetoe,

You are right, somethings are not quatifiable, and we will never know how many lives where saved by preventing another terrorist attack, but history does have examples that illustrate the price of apathy - the holocaust, the Killing fields, and recently Rewanda.

Chickenhead
Just asked my stepson which was easier to get drugs or cigarettes, he agreed with you - sad.