PDA

View Full Version : Green Monkey duex

betovernetcapper
10-11-2007, 11:39 PM
What has been an interesting week, promises to become even more interesting this Sat-Oct 13th. Green Monkey will be making his second lifetime start in the 3rd at Belmont.

DJofSD
10-13-2007, 10:25 AM
Let's have a little fun by taking a small flier in the race. No scratches posted yet, so I'll assume The Green Monkey is still running today.

The two I like here have not had a work since their last race: Giant Deputy and Brogue. I'll go with Giant Deputy over Brogue because on paper he appears to have a slight advantage closing ground. And I'll take the track man's comment to indicate this one might be clicked into what it's all about. Back on the dirt today.

But if The Green Monkey takes more of the betting public's money, the odds could favor dutching both of the likely closers. I'll be tabbing the tote.

kgonzales
10-13-2007, 02:14 PM
Way to go DJ.

WJ47
10-13-2007, 02:22 PM
What were the final odds on the Monkey? Last I saw was 6/5. Is the betting public crazy to bet him down to that? Giant Deputy looked great winning this race.

I bet they'll try the Green Monkey on turf next. I'm still scratching my head wondering why they paid $16,000,000 for this colt. I mean, the breeding is nice, but $16,000,000? They must have some sort of high hopes for him in the breeding shed because you'd never recoup that kind of money just through racing.

gIracing
10-13-2007, 03:02 PM
What were the final odds on the Monkey? Last I saw was 6/5. Is the betting public crazy to bet him down to that? Giant Deputy looked great winning this race.

I bet they'll try the Green Monkey on turf next. I'm still scratching my head wondering why they paid $16,000,000 for this colt. I mean, the breeding is nice, but $16,000,000? They must have some sort of high hopes for him in the breeding shed because you'd never recoup that kind of money just through racing.

because he's a fancybred that broke a world record for a furlong breeze at the time.

not that bad today actually.. give him one more chance.

BIG RED
10-13-2007, 03:17 PM
I just don't know.

October (spooky season) the 13th?

nyiiiiiie

jognlope
10-13-2007, 03:41 PM
As much as I leaned forward, it didn't make him win, I nearly feel off the couch! but he did break better today.

Robert Fischer
10-13-2007, 04:24 PM
Green Monkey duex duex

DJofSD
10-13-2007, 07:27 PM
Green Monkey duex duex

:lol: -- too obvious!!!!

Thanks all. As I recall GM showed a little more speed today. He'll break his maiden soon.