PDA

View Full Version : YouBet Keeneland online, AmTab by phone. Why?

Tremendous Machine
10-11-2007, 09:53 PM
Why can I bet online with YouBet for races at Keeneland, but AmericaTab will only take my bets via phone?
And, let's say I have this friend. He lives in a different state. He had a TVG and an XpressBet account get closed because they said he could no longer wager from his state. His BrisBet account stayed open and he has since opened a new YouBet account.
What's the deal?

Steve 'StatMan'
10-11-2007, 10:05 PM
In a nutshell.

TVG likely has the exclusive internet betting and TV rights to Keenelands signal.

TVG jacks up the price - YouBet is able to make a costly agreement with them to carry Keeneland (and MED/MTH, and some others)

TVG & Tracknet (their own ADW + the America Tabs) can't agree anymore - so they shut each other and their opposing customers out of what ever they can.

Tracknet also shuts out YouBet on the signals they control (CDSI & Magna tracks, plus nasty 1 year deal after they sold ELP) because of some 'problems' they have with YouBet (why how dare they give rebates to bettors that bet under $1 Million per year!)

Same, 'Sad Merry-Go-Round', different position of horses and turn position.

Tom
10-11-2007, 10:35 PM
TM......because the nuts are running the asylum.:eek:

NoCal Boy
10-12-2007, 12:34 AM
What state are you talking about?

rrbauer
10-12-2007, 11:23 AM
What state are you talking about?

Not Calif.

NoCal Boy
10-12-2007, 11:57 AM
I thought TVG only operated in states that expressly permitted ADW (12 or so) so it is a surprise that a TVG account was closed.

Tremendous Machine
10-12-2007, 06:28 PM
Indiana. TVG gave him an account for a while, but closed it. YouBet just gave him an account last week. AmTab has never blinked.