PDA

View Full Version : PTC & The Breeders' Cup

Premier Turf Club
10-11-2007, 01:07 PM
First and foremost, we are pleased to announce that we have signed a contract with the Breeders' Cup to provide wagering on all their events. We are obviously very happy to be able to offer this to our current clients. A special thanks to them for supporting and encouraging us during our negotiations. Prospective clients should contact me at either ian@premierturfclub.com or through PM via this board to discuss requirements for opening up a new account going forward.

Re, in response to PMs & e-mails I've gotten about the federal investigation and yesterday's events. Unfortunately our attorneys won't allows us to say much. We believe that this is the tip of iceberg, and that there will be a number of "interesting" things revealed from a number of different sources about ADWs / race tracks and their modus operandi during the coming weeks. The revelations will probably impact all of us in some way shape or form, though some much more so than others.

DeanT
10-11-2007, 01:42 PM
Congrats on getting that Ian. Very good news!

ryesteve
10-11-2007, 03:14 PM
The revelations will probably impact all of us in some way shape or form, though some much more so than others.
Is it safe to assume that when you say "impact", you mean in a bad way?

richrosa
10-11-2007, 03:22 PM
Excellent, no waiting on the big lines expected at MTH!!

keilan
10-11-2007, 03:38 PM
Ian congratulations :jump:

Will PTC also be providing video from MTH to its customers?

TIA

Premier Turf Club
10-11-2007, 03:45 PM
Is it safe to assume that when you say "impact", you mean in a bad way?

I think ultimately it could be good in that it may clean up some people/practices that need cleaning up, but in the short term, nothing that comes out is going to be positive.

john del riccio
10-11-2007, 03:47 PM
Ian,

Congrats....although I must say that being at MTH in late October for live racing is intruiging, I wish I could your site but I am stuck with NJBETS for now....

John

PS since there has never been live racing at MTH at this time of year and being very close to the ocean/tide changes, I fully expect some surprises WRT to both the dirt & turf course.

Premier Turf Club
10-11-2007, 03:48 PM
No, nothing in the way of video yet. We are still working on a video solution. It is an expensive proposition for a low margin operator like PTC (our "holds" are probably 1/3 of those that don't provide cash rewards), but we hope to have something in the way of video before year end.

turfnsport
10-11-2007, 04:21 PM
Ian that is great news...Do you have MTH for just the BC races on Fri and Sat or for the entire week?

MikeD

Premier Turf Club
10-11-2007, 04:28 PM
Ian that is great news...Do you have MTH for just the BC races on Fri and Sat or for the entire week?

MikeD

Right now, Fri & Sat. The other days are TVG days and we are talking to them about getting an agreement for those 2 days.

betovernetcapper
10-11-2007, 04:50 PM
I don't think I've bet on a graded stake since before the Derby. :jump:

Re the video, it's going to be on ESPN and there's always BRIS streaming video. Screw it, as long as I get the rebates, I can wait for the movie. :)

Indulto
10-11-2007, 04:59 PM
First and foremost, we are pleased to announce that we have signed a contract with the Breeders' Cup to provide wagering on all their events.Congratulations, PTC. If the industry's nationwide representatives consider you a valid wager broker for its best racing, how can states like my own (CA) continue to deny you access short of corruption.

This is the most positive news for horseplayers seeking freedom of platform choice since the petition was acknowledged by the Jockey Club. Perhaps this was a manifestation of their influence as opposed to the current exposure of the industry's infestation by "Fatally Stupid" criminal activity enablers.;)

I assume that a procott of the Breeders' Cup through PTC would be most appropriate.:lol:

DeanT
10-11-2007, 05:22 PM
No, nothing in the way of video yet. We are still working on a video solution. It is an expensive proposition for a low margin operator like PTC (our "holds" are probably 1/3 of those that don't provide cash rewards), but we hope to have something in the way of video before year end.

Quite a few of your tracks have free streaming video, do they not? Including Monmouth. have you thought about just putting a video link beside the ones that are free? If you could show the other tracks that your free link increases wagering, perhaps they will let you in on a back door link to their protected video? I'm cheap, so that makes sense to me :)

turfnsport
10-11-2007, 05:25 PM
Right now, Fri & Sat. The other days are TVG days and we are talking to them about getting an agreement for those 2 days.

That's great...One other question, do you have enough employees to cut checks and lick envelopes to get all of our winnings out to us the following Monday?....LOL...

MikeD

Scav
10-11-2007, 05:34 PM

Why would you pay for the video when it will be offered for free on the Breeders Cup website? Just direct people to there for the video and save yourself some cash

Premier Turf Club
10-11-2007, 05:49 PM
Why would you pay for the video when it will be offered for free on the Breeders Cup website? Just direct people to there for the video and save yourself some cash

I was talking about video in general, not BC specifically.

rrbauer
10-11-2007, 05:54 PM
Good news! Hope my bankroll holds out between now and the end of Keeneland!! Every BC bet I make will be with your outfit. Hope your servers are up to the traffic!!

Indulto
10-11-2007, 06:23 PM
http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/national-news/2007/October/11/Breeders-Cup-wagering-unlikely-for-Youbet.com.aspx
Breeders’ Cup wagering unlikely for Youbet.com
by Frank Angst (fangst@thoroughbredtimes.com)

A consultant negotiating simulcast deals for this year’s Breeders’ Cup World Championships said it is unlikely advance-deposit wagering outlet Youbet.com will carry this year’s event.

Ken Kirchner, a simulcasting consultant for Breeders’ Cup Ltd., said agreements have either been reached or will be reached with most of the major advance-deposit wagering outlets in North America, with the exception of Youbet.com. Kirchner said “several issues,” make it unlikely that an agreement will be reached with Youbet.com.

… Last year Youbet.com handled $4,014,753 in Breeders’ Cup wagering, the second largest amount of any advance-deposit wagering outlet. Television Games Network handled the most at $4,815,799.

… North Dakota-based Premier Turf Club has signed a deal with Breeders’ Cup to offer the Friday and Saturday Breeders’ Cup cards and is working with Monmouth Park to offer the non-Breeders’ Cup races on those cards.Well, if stupidity isn't terminal, it sure is terminating. ;)

melman
10-11-2007, 07:19 PM
Hey Ian you can now call up the dumbo's at WEG (err there so called "mangement") and tell them a "rouge operator" like PTC passed muster with the BC. :jump: :jump: Congrats.

I agree with Rich Bauer (as usual) :) make sure your servers are ready for the BC. I know both YouBet and Phonebet have had "problems" on that day in the past. Best of luck you deserve it.

ceejay
10-11-2007, 07:38 PM
:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

prospector
10-11-2007, 08:22 PM
Congratulations, PTC. If the industry's nationwide representatives consider you a valid wager broker for its best racing, how can states like my own (CA) continue to deny you access short of corruption.

This is the most positive news for horseplayers seeking freedom of platform choice since the petition was acknowledged by the Jockey Club. Perhaps this was a manifestation of their influence as opposed to the current exposure of the industry's infestation by "Fatally Stupid" criminal activity enablers.;)

I assume that a procott of the Breeders' Cup through PTC would be most appropriate.:lol:

excellent idea....show them what can be done

betovernetcapper
10-11-2007, 08:34 PM
I know both YouBet and Phonebet have had "problems" on that day in the past. Best of luck you deserve it.

I know I shouldn't say this, but I don't think YouBet will have any problems handling their BC bets this year.

JustRalph
10-11-2007, 10:51 PM
tell them a "rouge operator" like PTC passed muster with the BC. :jump: :jump: Congrats.

Ian, you rogue.........stay out of the wife's makeup!!!! :lol: :lol:

chrisl
10-11-2007, 11:44 PM
Has anything changed on PTC accepting California residents yet. Thank You Chrisl

Indulto
10-12-2007, 12:03 AM
Ian, you rogue.........stay out of the wife's makeup!!!! :lol: :lol:With apologies to William Engvick and Georges Aurie:

Song from Operation Rogue

Whenever I bet
I worry and wonder
My horse may come in
But where is my money

It’s always like this
I wager and ponder
My horse can run long
But will I be shorted

It's a sad thing to theorize
That I've made a bet I can’t collect
When I “send”, should I close my eyes
Pretending my account is somewhere else?

I must break the spell
This platform I'm under
Until post I can’t tell
Whether or not I should bet.

bigmack
10-13-2007, 12:57 AM
A tip of the fedora for securing BC, Ian. Sticktoitiveness is a trait of us born on the junctured 9/19.

IMO, video stream is the last of your bogeys. Clients can eyeball elsewhere & wager up with PTC.

Well done :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

john del riccio
10-13-2007, 06:35 AM
Mack,

If you figure this one out, dinners' on me !

John

bigmack
10-13-2007, 06:54 AM
If you figure this one out, dinners' on me !
jdr - I'm feeling rather sheepish about that post as its disclosure might very well for the best be hushed.

If a mod is reading, I welcome your deleted interaction.

Premier Turf Club
10-13-2007, 09:38 AM
A tip of the fedora for securing BC, Ian. Sticktoitiveness is a trait of us born on the junctured 9/19.

IMO, video stream is the last of your bogeys. Clients can eyeball elsewhere & wager up with PTC.

Well done :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

Thanks all for the kudos. We're obviously quite pleased about securing simulcast rights.

We have some cool things planned for the week. We've got a private clocker going up the Tuesday before, John Del Riccio has promised his insights, and we're talking about a week's end webinar. I'll provide more info as we firm these things up.

For now, we've got our free weekly Handicapper's Corner up on the site at www.premierturfclub.com.

DJofSD
10-13-2007, 10:32 AM
Has anything changed on PTC accepting California residents yet.

Ian, same question. Are you able to open accounts for CA residents?

Congrats on your successful negotiations with BC, Ltd. And hoping everything goes right for you and the business (and make sure your IT support is on site that day).

boomman
10-13-2007, 10:43 AM
Thanks all for the kudos. We're obviously quite pleased about securing simulcast rights.

We have some cool things planned for the week. We've got a private clocker going up the Tuesday before, John Del Riccio has promised his insights, and we're talking about a week's end webinar. I'll provide more info as we firm these things up.

For now, we've got our free weekly Handicapper's Corner up on the site at www.premierturfclub.com. (http://www.premierturfclub.com./)

Ian: As you know, I am working on sending a number of my clients to PTC for The Breeders Cup, and encourage everyone on the site who were so helpful to me this summer to sign up at PTC (for those of you that legally can) and make EVERY wager on the Breeder's Cup there! This is a HUGE step toward eliminating this ridiculous "fracturing" of signals and I'm hoping Pace Advantage members will step up in a big way! I also have watched a lot of video on the "Cup" this year and would like to volunteer to panel such a Breeder's Cup discussion on webinar with some of your other handicappers and clockers. Maybe Thursday night the 25th would be a good time. Just let me know............:)

Boomer

Premier Turf Club
10-13-2007, 11:11 AM
Ian, same question. Are you able to open accounts for CA residents?

Congrats on your successful negotiations with BC, Ltd. And hoping everything goes right for you and the business (and make sure your IT support is on site that day).

Sorry DJ, missed it the first time.

No, and I don't think the situation will get any better in the future. We are going to apply for a California ADW license but the California legislature made sure all CA residents play illegally by outlawing rebates of any kind for their residents. That's right, you might be able to play with us, and we might want to give you a rebate, but California won't let you take it. :bang:

ceejay
10-13-2007, 12:50 PM
outlawing rebates of any kind for their residents. That's right, you might be able to play with us, and we might want to give you a rebate, but California won't let you take it. :bang:Maybe you could donate a portion of CA residents handle to a charity like http://www.excellerfund.org/ or a diabled jockey fund.

Indulto
10-13-2007, 09:33 PM
Maybe you could donate a portion of CA residents handle to a charity like http://www.excellerfund.org/ or a diabled jockey fund.I'd rather see the collective amount that would have been rebated used to play So Cal Pick Six carryovers as a California Resident's Player Pool with proceeds distributed as taxable jackpot winnings to Cal resident players proportionate to their wager volume since the previous distribution.

The selection team could be determined by residents' vote or automatically by the x highest ROIs among residents with some established minimum volume.

betovernetcapper
10-13-2007, 09:57 PM
Can CA residents receive merchandise? A couple of the ADWs offer reward points towards 3 piece ash trays sets. Could they earn points towards things that are worth having?

Indulto
10-13-2007, 10:12 PM
Can CA residents receive merchandise? A couple of the ADWs offer reward points towards 3 piece ash trays sets. Could they earn points towards things that are worth having?Damn, PA's just got to deploy that ... emoticon. Otherwise one might assume the board's most prominate advocate of cash rewards was doing his John Kerry imitation again. ;)

betovernetcapper
10-13-2007, 10:29 PM
:lol: Seriously cash rebates are very important, but if I couldn't get cash, I'll take a shotgun or a gold watch or one of these

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa62/beherethen/_tDL09.jpg

Indulto
10-13-2007, 10:47 PM
:lol: Seriously cash rebates are very important, but if I couldn't get cash, I'll take a shotgun or a gold watch or one of theseI suppose it's better to shoot off a gun than one's ... aah ... keyboard, but I like the one about the bettor who jumped on his horse and shot off in all directions. :D

chickenhead
10-13-2007, 10:50 PM
Can CA residents receive merchandise? A couple of the ADWs offer reward points towards 3 piece ash trays sets. Could they earn points towards things that are worth having?

Youbet doesn't offer rewards to CA residents so far as I know, I'm guessing anything of that sort is against the rules.

Kelso
10-13-2007, 10:51 PM
I'd rather see the collective amount that would have been rebated used to play So Cal Pick Six carryovers as a California Resident's Player Pool with proceeds distributed as taxable jackpot winnings to Cal resident players proportionate to their wager volume since the previous distribution.

The selection team could be determined by residents' vote or automatically by the x highest ROIs among residents with some established minimum volume.

Capital idea! Don't know if it would pass the legal sniff-test, but worth shoving under the legislators' noses.

betovernetcapper
10-13-2007, 11:33 PM
Youbet doesn't offer rewards to CA residents so far as I know, I'm guessing anything of that sort is against the rules.

I just checked YouBet and your right. Too bad :ThmbDown:

Indulto
10-13-2007, 11:53 PM
Capital idea! Don't know if it would pass the legal sniff-test, but worth shoving under the legislators' noses.5x,
I hope I can convince others. What's not to like about it?

1 - It would reward players based on volume rather than bankroll without impacting prices.

2) It would give everybody a second shot at the money
a. The tracks and horsemen via handle
b. The State via taxes
c. The bettors with potentially expanded reward
d. Losers who couldn't win even with a rebate. ;)

3)It would generate interest, enthusiasm, and player recruitment.

4)It could make celebrity heros out of horseplayers that otherwise wouldn't receive attention (if they want it).

5)It could be the basis for reality shows and thus further new player recruitment.

startngate
10-14-2007, 03:16 PM
Indulto ... considering the CHRB has decided that a "Players' Pool" is illegal in California ... including on California races .... you pretty much have no shot at seeing that happen ... love the concept though ... :)

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20978

Indulto
10-14-2007, 05:02 PM
Indulto ... considering the CHRB has decided that a "Players' Pool" is illegal in California ... including on California races .... you pretty much have no shot at seeing that happen ... love the concept though ... :)

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20978SnG,
You could be right, but
a) The CHRB is finally embracing off-track betting instead of trying in vain to fill grandstands.
b) They were right IMO to outlaw the "Players' Pool" because it appeared to me that its primary function (as opposed to intention) was not to maximize the investors's return, but make money for the ADW through increased handle and rebates on the wager. (This personal view does not extend to our own rrpic6 whose positive contributions to discussion here are rarely equalled in my estimation.)
3) The wager would come right out of PTC's profit. Why aren't they entitled to distribute any return as they see fit as long as all appropriate authorities get their due.
4) It would promote racing as well as PTC. In fact, it would probably force other ADWs to provide similar dividends to its customers. I don't know if this idea needs to be protected, but I hope PTC takes any steps necessary to do so. Does anybody have any pros or cons regarding the possibility of all ADWs chasing the same carryover? :lol:
5) It would create human racing celebrities to root for. Can't you imagine JeffP leading a P6 team to a gigantic payoff and everybody being able to watch their videotaped deliberations the next day. Why it might be enough to make cj retire to California! ;)

rrbauer
10-19-2007, 04:57 PM
Ian,
Will PTC be taking all of the races on the 26th and 27th or just the "BC" races on those dates?

betchatoo
10-19-2007, 05:09 PM
I has previously asked that question of Ian and he let me know that all the races for those 2 days will be available.

Premier Turf Club
10-19-2007, 05:21 PM
Ian,
Will PTC be taking all of the races on the 26th and 27th or just the "BC" races on those dates?

Hi Richard. I know Betchatoo just answered for me.

We will have all races on Friday and Saturday and are negotiating for the first 2 days of the MTH meet as well. I don't have a firm commitment on that, but we are hopeful.

BTW, for PTC customers we have Woodside Associates ratings for all BC races up on our site now. This year, the flash card's got ratings for the foreign entrants as well, something John and I have worked out over the past few days.

For those curious about my experience with making figures for foreigners, I think I was one of the first to develop a timeform conversion model having worked out the appropriate mapping about 12 years ago when you still had to have a subscription to the Timeform service. At that time their ratings were sent to me snail mail every week across the Atlantic. It's my algorithm thats currently in use at a commerical speed figure provider. I miss making figures, but I had forgotten how difficult it is to make good ones... :)