PDA

View Full Version : DRF coupon code

russowen77
10-10-2007, 12:02 PM
I was going to buy a couple of new books at DRF when I noticed they have a coupon code. Money is Money.

Does anyone know of one that will work.

Thanks

njcurveball
10-10-2007, 01:20 PM
If you are looking to do a lil shopping, try Amazon and Ebay as well. I have seen times where the same books are cheaper on Amazon than DRF and both are brand new.

Ebay is also good to get some great deals on someone selling a number of books together.

Many other places to look, if you have a Borders near you, they send out coupons almost every week.

I would suggest you buy one book at a time and digest as much of it as possible trying to apply it to the races.

Jim

russowen77
10-10-2007, 01:50 PM
If you are looking to do a lil shopping, try Amazon and Ebay as well. I have seen times where the same books are cheaper on Amazon than DRF and both are brand new.

Ebay is also good to get some great deals on someone selling a number of books together.

Many other places to look, if you have a Borders near you, they send out coupons almost every week.

I would suggest you buy one book at a time and digest as much of it as possible trying to apply it to the races.

Jim
Thanks man. I just found that amazon does have handicapping books and almost all are discounted.

For some reason Books a Million does not carry handicapping books and we are the home of Oaklawn. Go figure.

That is excellent advice about one at a time. Damn OCD gets in my way all the time from responding to excellent advice like that. Once I get started it is hard to quit.

I appreciate your idea about ebay.

Donnie
10-10-2007, 02:38 PM
Russ--
I will be posting a sale on Ebay for a number of books that I have duplicates of from my collection. Nearly ALL Quinn books will be in this batch as well as some of the Beyer's books. Most of these books are in great shape. Some do have a little highlighting, but I will make note of it in the auction. My Ebay name is nadermann ....do a search late tonight and it will be one of several auctions I will have out there.

Admins: if this is a violation of board policies, please remove this post. I feel it is in answer to his question above. But either way, your call. Thanks!

njcurveball
10-10-2007, 03:17 PM
Here is another site which may actually be 10% cheaper than Amazon

http://www.buy.com/toc/10percent_Off_Amazon_Promotion/58711.html

point given
10-10-2007, 06:18 PM
Here is another site which may actually be 10% cheaper than Amazon

http://www.buy.com/toc/10percent_Off_Amazon_Promotion/58711.html

Watch out for the shipping charges. :bang:

'
Q: Can I get Free Shipping on my "10% Off Amazon" book order?
A: Free Shipping is available on qualifying in-stock books and book orders over $25. However, you may not use Free Shipping with your "10% off Amazon" order. <A class=bluetext onclick=\"window.open('http://www.buy.com/corp/promos/freeshipping_051402.asp','pop','width=420,height=5 50,scrollbars=yes')\" href="javascript:void(0)">Click here for Free Shipping details.

Donnie
10-10-2007, 06:38 PM
PG--
I bought a book once for something like $6 and the guy was gonna charge me $9.45 for shipping! This was off Ebay. I emailed and told him that if those were the charges, it should be to me the very next day (it was travelling one state). He dropped it down to $2 for media mail. Many people on Ebay try to make money on shipping and handling.....bogus.

njcurveball
10-10-2007, 09:15 PM
. However, you may not use Free Shipping with your "10% off Amazon" order.

Spot on call! Better off at Amazon! :ThmbUp:

OR perhaps better on Ebay?

As Donnie has said the shipping charges are a red flag. I once get a toner cartridge for 99 cents and paid $30 shipping. :eek:

Ron
10-11-2007, 11:33 AM
I've bought some books from overstock.com as well.

njcurveball
10-11-2007, 11:55 AM
If you have a Borders near you, this might help!

Good luck in your search!

http://www.bordersmedia.com/coup/coupon_301011.htm