PDA

View Full Version : Breeder's Cup Handicapping Tools?

Maxspa
10-10-2007, 11:04 AM
All,
What quality tools are available for handicapping the Breeder's Cup races other than Jim Mazur's "Crushing the Cup"?
Thanking you in advance!
Maxspa

Maxspa
10-12-2007, 11:51 AM
All,
For what it's worth, I found two Breeder's Cup publications on e-bay!
One source, Dvent, is a system developer from over Tom's way near the Finger Lakes. "New Breeder's Cup" is his creation and is modestly priced at $6.47.
Gingo, has an offering "Handicapping the Breeder's Cup"-"Proven Winning Profiles" at $24.95. This one I purchased! It shows evidence of research and
could be a benefit to the handicapper!
Maxspa

46zilzal
10-12-2007, 01:05 PM
Mazur's stuff is not that accurate predictive wise. Good data.

Maxspa
10-18-2007, 01:02 PM
All,
Jim Lambert of the "HRH Racing Digest" has profiles that can give handicappers clues regarding the upcoming Breeder's Cup!
His web site is www.horse-race-handicapping .com.
This is for informational purposes only!
Maxspa

Maxspa
10-20-2007, 10:34 AM
All,
John Pricci has some significant Breeder's Cup information on his web site and the good new is it's FREE. The data is similar to the profile approaches that are on the market for a fee.
Check it out at www.horseraceinsider.com The title of the report is "When assessing Breeder's Cup Performance, Past is Prologue."
Good Luck!
Maxspa

Maxspa
10-20-2007, 10:46 AM
All,
Breeder's Cup free information can be found at www.horseplayerdaily.com.
There are several choices including: Tomlinson's European Report Card and many blogs giving lots of interesting information on the cup's entries.
Best of all it is free! If anyone has other websites or information sources please feel free to add them to the list!
Maxspa

Zaf
10-20-2007, 11:02 AM
Thanks Max !

Z

headhawg
10-20-2007, 11:26 AM
Thanks Maxspa!

Tom
10-20-2007, 11:51 AM
Max, you da man! :ThmbUp:

Tom
10-20-2007, 12:01 PM
All,
Jim Lambert of the "HRH Racing Digest" has profiles that can give handicappers clues regarding the upcoming Breeder's Cup!
His web site is www.horse-race-handicapping (http://www.horse-race-handicapping) .com.
This is for informational purposes only!
Maxspa

Try this

http://www.horse-race-handicapping.com/

betchatoo
10-21-2007, 08:52 AM
You might also try this

http://bc.bloodhorse.com/

betchatoo
10-21-2007, 08:58 AM
Or this

http://www.thedowneyprofile.com/

Maxspa
10-21-2007, 11:53 AM
All,
How about a couple of suggestions from www.brisnet.com. European Insight a Timeform report that will give you information on the Euros. Available Thursday which imho (very late). The Clockers Report for fit and ready Breeder's Cup participants might make the difference too.
Betchatoo, thank you for sharing some suggestions The Downey Report is an excellent offering, If I remember correctly, I've used it for Kentucky Derby Reports. Of course the Bloodhorse needs no discussion it is a fine publication and has pertinent equine information.
Maxspa

Maxspa
10-21-2007, 12:03 PM
All,
After Betchatoo's suggestion I checked out the Downey Report web site! It's worth the time to click on and peruse the material. There is enough free material to pique your interest and should you want to purchase the Report the price is a reasonable $24.95.
Betchatoo this one's a keeper!
Maxspa

Maxspa
10-23-2007, 08:09 AM
All,
One could download the FREE Allways software from BRIS. Go to the All Ways website and download the Breeder's Cup profiles again FREE. Purchase the Allways Breeder's Cup files from BRIS for $14.00 and have your Breeder's Cup selections for less than the prior mentioned reports in this thread!
This is not my choice but it could work! especially if you are a former All Ways user and have experience using the software.
Maxspa

Maxspa
10-29-2007, 02:06 PM
All,
I used two profile makers: the Downey Report was clearly the best! The results of the Downey Report picks can be accessed at their web site. I listened to Boomer Wry's race analysis and choices on his free webinar. "Thorough Bred Connection" the Friday Night Touch, was another iinformation source. "Equidaily" stories and Brisnet "Handicapper's Edge" on an everyday basis gave me some important horse and trainer information. HorsePlayer magazine and their website blogs plus DRF daily stories completed the information blitz. Finally, after scratches I used the HSH program to handicap the races.
My final choices were a combination of the above resources. The results were four exactas out of eight races. Since there are several contenders in each race I did spread my bets to include from 6-8 horses per race. After a betting error in the 4th race. I ended up having three exacta winners and lost overall for the day!
When the races were over I analysed the component parts! HSH was the best indicator for win and place horses. The Downey Report was valuable as well but more for background information than the picks.
It was a learning experience that required lots of preparation but even with the betting error it was a positive experience!
Maxspa

headhawg
10-29-2007, 05:04 PM
Well I can tell you the computer picks from Jim Lambert from HRH digest were brutal, and I mean brutal. But I was mostly interested in Lambert's horses' profiles for each race and that was pretty good. Would I get it again? No, because I think there is enough good free information out there. The Nick Mordin analysis that was posted here was excellent. (I think that last year's was very good as well.) Between his analysis and/or point ratings (including ties) I think that he had all eight winners on Saturday. I don't think that I will make the same mistake next year.

And of course, CJ's Pace Figures are second to none, and that is really the bread-and-butter of my handicapping. I had Curlin and Kip DeVille as my winners (and I thought that War Pass would win but was short on price for me), but I played the early Pick 4 and didn't hit it. I could not have played Lahudood, and thought that Indian Blessing wouldn't like the two turns/slop, so that was that.

Maxspa
10-29-2007, 06:02 PM
Headhawg,
I've always believed that by sharing experiences one can learn a great deal! You don't have to agree with everything a person says or adopt his way of thinking but there are always nuggets of wisdom that may make a difference in how you approach handicapping races. IMHO handicapping can be improved by adding an idea to your arsenal that someone else suggests, or taking advice on material that is questionable. That's what makes this PA forum special, honest idea sharing by its members.
Thanks for your response!
Maxspa

headhawg
10-29-2007, 09:56 PM
I agree Maxspa, and you've done a lot of that sharing of information over the years. Thanks.

Tom
10-29-2007, 11:27 PM
I'll second that....Maxspa is one of the good guys! :jump::ThmbUp::jump: