PDA

View Full Version : Class and Par times

Pell Mell
10-09-2007, 03:14 PM
For those who have done a lot of research of par times in order to get a varient I'd like to ask a question. When forming par times for different classes, how much difference, in general, is there between classes. I'm interested in the cheaper claimers mostly and am trying to get an idea of the difference between say a 5,000cl and a 4,000cl. Is it a couple of points or more? Any help appreciated.

jotb
10-09-2007, 03:29 PM
For those who have done a lot of research of par times in order to get a varient I'd like to ask a question. When forming par times for different classes, how much difference, in general, is there between classes. I'm interested in the cheaper claimers mostly and am trying to get an idea of the difference between say a 5,000cl and a 4,000cl. Is it a couple of points or more? Any help appreciated.

I guess you are working on a small track. It all depends what type of 4k or 5k you are talking about. Usually at track like that there are different levels of 4k and 5k. You might have a 4k for horses that have not won a race in 6 months or a year. Then you might have 4k for horses that have not won 2 races in 6 months or even 3 races in the last year. Then you might just have an open 4k. Don't forget about those lifetime races. I would say about 1 point in difference between these levels. For example at CT we have an open 4k and an open 6k but we also have a beaten 4k6m and a 6k6m but the difference in par between a 4k and 6k is about 3 points. This depends on what track you are working on.

Joe

Rob_in_MN
10-09-2007, 04:44 PM
Have you done comparisons between Penn and CT variants...
I.E fr1, fr2, fr3 pace lines? Just curious if you wouldn't mind sharing
if you have.

I had to quit on my figs at CT after that debacle of drainage problems on the track in late 2004 - which track officials said was caused by heavy rains from the remnants of Hurricanes Ivan and Jeanne. Never the same afterwards... :mad:

Pell Mell tell me what track you are looking for (you can send me a pm if you want) I only have talent with the cheaper claimers and limit my play to these tracks.

Rob