PDA

View Full Version : "Zero Tolerance Tuesdays" on TVG

BombsAway Bob
10-09-2007, 03:08 PM
If you get the chance on Tuesdays, tune into TVG with Rich Perloff & his weekly racing roundtable with viewers called "ZERO TOLERANCE TUESDAYS". Pretty much any racing topic can be E-mailed to him for discussion; he selects certain ones to talk about, & opens them up to viewers to respond by E-mail.
OH YEAH, SUFFOLK DOWNS, MEADOWLANDS, & other tracks are there to bet a few bucks, too! BRING YOUR OPINIONS & YOUR ATTITUDE!:bang:
Bob www.myspace.com/bobgrant3 (http://www.myspace.com/bobgrant3)

Hajck Hillstrom
10-10-2007, 01:12 AM
If you get the chance on Tuesdays, tune into TVG with Rich Perloff & his weekly racing roundtable with viewers called "ZERO TOLERANCE TUESDAYS".

What a great idea!

I'll have to check that out......

samyn on the green
10-10-2007, 02:08 AM
Perloff does a great job on tuesday. Great commentary and he places the races ahead of his ego. On top of that he may just be the best capper on the network, he even the pick 4 at Meadowlands today.

Hajck Hillstrom
10-11-2007, 10:16 PM
Perloff does a great job on tuesday. Great commentary and he places the races ahead of his ego. On top of that he may just be the best capper on the network, he even the pick 4 at Meadowlands today.

You are correct, sir!

pressman
10-14-2007, 08:23 AM
What show are you guys watching? His ego is almost as big as Todd. His opinion is the only one that counts Email him with a difference of opinion,it isnt discussed,its deleted. He's always right and seldom wrong. I guess I was the only one who wasnt rooting for him to hit that pick 6 last week.I emailed TVG and suggested that they do to his show as they did to John Henry-euthanize it!

Hajck Hillstrom
10-14-2007, 12:58 PM
.....and understandable why you feel the way you do. If you come with an Email to disparage, then it will be dealt with in like fashion. If you come with a concise argument supported by rational reasoning, Mr. Perloff will respond, even if it doesn't support his POV.

Don't write in "I like the five horse" unsupported by your reasons, or "your selection sucks" because the show's name tells you how your Email will be approached. If you come with substance, your Email will be considered in the context of the analysis.

With no disrespect, it is easy to see why you feel the way you do. The tone of your post says it all. I really don't see any benefit in rooting against someone's good fortune, but it does display where you are coming from.

No host/analyst on TVG addresses viewers as often as Rich Perloff (though Nancy Ury tries). He brings more to the table than anyone on the network, and if you don't like Zero Tolerance Tuesdays, there are plenty of shows available to watch..... just not on Tuesday. IMHO, Perloff makes the most from a limited menu on Tuesday. Would you prefer Mike Valpredo?

All the best to you, sir, and by all means, do

pressman
10-15-2007, 07:44 AM
"No host/analyst on TVG addresses viewers as often as Rich Perloff (though Nancy Ury tries). He brings more to the table than anyone on the network, and if you don't like Zero Tolerance Tuesdays, there are plenty of shows available to watch..... just not on Tuesday. IMHO, Perloff makes the most from a limited menu on Tuesday. Would you prefer Mike Valpredo?"

How about MR. B? he is always talking "to the viewers not at them" like Perloff I turn the sound off on Tuesdays I put up with Schrupp over the weekend at Keeneland and yes Id listen to MVP also.

JustRalph
10-15-2007, 10:16 AM
"Would you prefer Mike Valpredo?"

This guy Valpredo is awful.......obnoxious.............

He used to be a sportscaster in Columbus Ohio...........people hated him......but they only had to put up with him for 3-5 minutes at a time.....so it was bearable...............

Hajck Hillstrom
10-15-2007, 10:17 PM
How about MR. B? he is always talking "to the viewers not at them" like Perloff I turn the sound off on Tuesdays I put up with Schrupp over the weekend at Keeneland and yes Id listen to MVP also.No faulting Bob Baedeker.... he is old school perfect! Valpredo comes from a racing family, and has a long way to go to achieve even Jessica York status.

No disputing the fact that we all have our mute buttons employed at sometime during the day when watching TVG. Beauty of the game..... we all have different opinions.

BombsAway Bob
10-16-2007, 12:07 AM
No disputing the fact that we all have our mute buttons employed at sometime during the day when watching TVG. Beauty of the game..... we all have different opinions.
- I'm usually "mute-on" during "Night Games" & "International Racing"
(Jeez, I must be allergic to "TVG MUZAK")
BTW, did you catch Kent D's phone-in to Mr.B last week? Seems someone told Kent that Mr.B was trashing his decision-making on the lawn at Belmont...Mr.B. hadn't, & was caught offguard:confused: by Kent's aggressive defense of his ride...
NOW THAT'S INTERACTIVE TELEVISION!- Good Luck & Bombs Away!-Bob
www.myspace.com/bobgrant3 (http://www.myspace.com/bobgrant3)

David-LV
10-16-2007, 06:41 AM
It appears to me a player for more than 50 years that the only ones on TVG that have any real knowledge of horse racing are Gary Stevens, Nick Hines, and Frank Lyons. The rest of them as far as I'm concerned are completely clueless and let their egos get in the way of good broadcasting and sometimes forget that most of us only want to watch all the races in full and not from the head of the stretch.

Sorry, but that's how I feel. :)

_________
David

pressman
10-16-2007, 07:35 AM
Im also a Matt Carothers fan-I know most people cant stand him but I think he does a pretty good job.

David-LV
10-16-2007, 07:54 AM
Im also a Matt Carothers fan-I know most people cant stand him but I think he does a pretty good job.

I agree.
I forgot to include Matt. He is a very entertaining and hard working broadcaster that does an excellent job.

________
David

JustRalph
10-16-2007, 04:08 PM
who was the girl on Monday?

pressman
10-16-2007, 05:00 PM
Nancy Uri she works Mondays and fills in here and there I think she is actualy an employee of Hollywod Park

Scav
10-17-2007, 12:32 AM
Just an fyi, Perloff mentioned this thread today on TVG and said hi to Pace Advantage.....

PaceAdvantage
10-17-2007, 12:35 AM
Damn....and I was watching today too, and somehow missed this....oh well....

Thank you Mr. Perloff for the mention!

JustRalph
10-17-2007, 12:39 AM
Rich was a Bobcat................hmmmm..............

Hey Rich!

Hajck Hillstrom
10-17-2007, 05:19 PM
Im also a Matt Carothers fan-I know most people cant stand him but I think he does a pretty good job.Interesting that you would disparage the egos of Perloff and Schrupp, and then comment how much you like Matt Carothers. I was at Del Mar having lunch when I felt a blow to the back of my head. I turned around and realized that it was Matt Carother's ego hitting me when he entered the court. (lol)

Don't get me wrong, no one comes better prepared than Matt Carothers. Andy Beyer describes Matt as a "diligent and articulate handicapper." No argument here, but when when one reads between the lines, the greater truth is discovered.

Matt is a very nice guy. We just look at racing from different perspectives, and have agreed to disagree..... on almost everything.

Hajck Hillstrom
10-17-2007, 05:23 PM
BTW, did you catch Kent D's phone-in to Mr.B last week? Seems someone told Kent that Mr.B was trashing his decision-making on the lawn at Belmont...Mr.B. hadn't, & was caught offguard:confused: by Kent's aggressive defense of his ride... NOW THAT'S INTERACTIVE TELEVISION!I watched that. It was funny too, because there is probably no stronger supporter of Desormeaux on the network than Mr. B.

thespaah
10-17-2007, 10:57 PM
Carrothers is a good on camera commentatot but a fair handicapper. I sat one afternoon during the saratoga Meet and watched an wagered. Carrothers was oh for his show that day, having failed to pick a single winner. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and happened to watch again the next afternoon and again he did poorly.

This may have been two bad days for Matt. But I have stopped taking his advice on picking horses.
I believe Mr.B to be the most consistent 'capper on TVG.

turfnsport
10-17-2007, 11:59 PM
From what I have seen, Perloff is heads above the other handicappers are far as preparation. It's obvious he does his homework, and that's all a viewer can ask for.

MikeD

JustRalph
10-18-2007, 12:22 AM
From what I have seen, Perloff is heads above the other handicappers are far as preparation. It's obvious he does his homework, and that's all a viewer can ask for.

MikeD

I have been amazed at how he has overtaken some of the on air types in just about every category. Gets my most improved broadcaster award..........he was always a good capper..........

Ole Timer
10-18-2007, 02:51 AM
I have been amazed at how he has overtaken some of the on air types in just about every category. Gets my most improved broadcaster award..........he was always a good capper..........
Mine too.
I also enjoy Mr. B, Gary Stevens, Simon, and Frank Lyons.
I cannot stand Matt C. Turn the TV to mute when he is on.

lamboguy
10-18-2007, 09:58 AM
i love TVG, but i often wonder how anyone can handicap every race at every track on a daily basis. i know that if i did that i would be broke in about 2 weeks!

i am almost positive that tvg gets alot of help from outside handicapping services and clockers, and do not always represent the anchor that is giving them out.

the selections do have some semblence of quality, so i know they are not picking them out of a hat. as good as the picks are they aren't enought to overcome the takeout though!

BombsAway Bob
10-18-2007, 11:50 AM
Carrothers is a good on camera commentatot but a fair handicapper. I sat one afternoon during the saratoga Meet and watched an wagered. Carrothers was oh for his show that day, having failed to pick a single winner. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and happened to watch again the next afternoon and again he did poorly.

This may have been two bad days for Matt. But I have stopped taking his advice on picking horses.
I believe Mr.B to be the most consistent 'capper on TVG.
Matt is a "Speed & Price" handicapper; Mr.B. sells his selections for a living.
Matt works at Value when betting; Mr.B. wants the "checkmark winner";
I've seen both of them "white-hot" & "ice-cold" at making selections.
I've added their picks to my wagers at various times with much success!
Just remember; they have to make picks ON EVERY RACE; WE DON'T!
That's Our Edge...take advantage of it! www.myspace.com/bobgrant3 (http://www.myspace.com/bobgrant3)

BombsAway Bob
10-22-2007, 02:47 PM
It's A Special MONDAY EDITION of "Zero Tolerance Tuesdays" on TVG with Rich Perloff today...lots of Breeders Cup talk, Join the fun! - Bombs Away! Bob

pressman
10-23-2007, 07:19 AM
It's A Special MONDAY EDITION of "Zero Tolerance Tuesdays" on TVG with Rich Perloff today...lots of Breeders Cup talk, Join the fun! - Bombs Away! Bob

I considered it mute button Monday.

Tom Barrister
10-30-2007, 01:53 PM
What show are you guys watching? His ego is almost as big as Todd. His opinion is the only one that counts Email him with a difference of opinion,it isnt discussed,its deleted. He's always right and seldom wrong. I guess I was the only one who wasnt rooting for him to hit that pick 6 last week.I emailed TVG and suggested that they do to his show as they did to John Henry-euthanize it!

That's a joke, right? Perloff may disagree on-air with your view, but it will be presented if there's air time and it isn't redundant to other emails being sent in.

Tom Barrister
10-30-2007, 02:50 PM
I just got mentioned on the program, along with this forum. :p

onefast99
10-30-2007, 05:05 PM
Matt is tops he is a Twins fan cant hold that against him. We chatted at the grey Goose breeders cup party last Thursday. The whole crew from TVG was there except Amoss and Stevens, Christine is better looking in person then on TVG!:cool:

pressman
10-30-2007, 05:21 PM
That's a joke, right? Perloff may disagree on-air with your view, but it will be presented if there's air time and it isn't redundant to other emails being sent in.
No joke cant stand the man i gave up watching on Tuesdays Id listen to MVP for 6 straight hrs before him. Really enjoyed Frank M yesterday.

mikeb
10-30-2007, 06:01 PM
"Don't get me wrong, no one comes better prepared than Matt Carothers"

Seems like he's all about SPEED,SPEED,and more SPEED,probably why beyer praises him.:sleeping:

Marshall Bennett
10-30-2007, 06:18 PM
Matt's a great handicapper , when it appears on paper however question marks fly . His " aggresive " singles on his pick 4's make no since . To single a 15-1 long shot on an otherwise potential ticket ? Its almost as if ... here folks , use this ticket while I pile on elsewhere !!

46zilzal
10-30-2007, 06:34 PM
I thank my lucky stars that I don't have to get my racing from them. I have never found any horse racing as objectionable as the several days I had to endure TVG last Summer. The show 59 flat was the worst I ever saw on the subject.