PDA

View Full Version : its a shame.. given a gift on a platter

BillW
10-08-2007, 05:07 PM
Is the title of a post I came across on the Derby Trail forum that I feel appropriate to repost here (by permission of the author)

the passing of the internet gambling bill by the u.s gov gave adw and horse racing as a whole the gift of a lifetime.. all other forms of gambling by internet are black balled.. except horse racing.. the clouds part the sun shines
down on horse racing.. in a time when rebate shops were killing on track handle and making big players have to play "off shore" the us gvmt gave the u.s based tracks and adws the gift of a lifetime ..banning all non u.s gambling from the internet.. what do the us based companys and tracks do ..fight over signals, making it a no win for them .. some states you can not bet on tracks within the u.s .. and others through the inside deals have made it all but impossible to kick on your adw and play ny/ ca / ky on one system .. the reality is that racing and the horseman take the hit.. the handles would have been much diffrent this year .. thus making purses bigger /horsemen happy or as happy as they can get and the end result ..one that many dont think about.. the player....happy.. its a shame and if someone were to make a stand to wake up the tracks and internet adws i would be all for it..

hooves ....................

Frustration over the goofy ADW situation is becoming more wide spread as time goes on. :bang:

Tom
10-08-2007, 05:54 PM
Good post. It underlines the basic problem with horse racing - morons run the sport. I do not think it can survive the new breed of greed. I think racing is on borrowed time - even if those that run it are too stupid to tell time.