PDA

View Full Version : ARC WNNER ??

point given
10-07-2007, 11:11 AM
Can a horse cut off 3 others wiping across the field to the rail and maintain his winniing the biggest race in France ? The inquiry sign is flashing while Kieron Fallon and the Obrien gang are celebrating , premature ? Well, its been 10 minutes now, and the stewards are still looking. STILL WAITING :mad: Is it official now ?

gIracing
10-07-2007, 11:13 AM
Can a horse cut off 3 others wiping across the field to the rail and maintain his winniing the biggest race in France ? The inquiry sign is flashing while Kieron Fallon and the Obrien gang are celebrating , premature ? Well, its been 10 minutes now, and the stewards are still looking. STILL WAITING :mad: Is it official now ?

tell me about it. I put a pretty penny on the 2nd palce finisher to win.

however, I will wait all day long to see the look on "the crews" face when they take the race from them

toetoe
10-07-2007, 11:20 AM
The 1 was at 50/1, and at 80/1(!!) in France. :bang:

Humph
10-07-2007, 11:25 AM
Result stands. Dylan Thomas wins.

Zman179
10-07-2007, 11:33 AM
Before they rule on the inquiry, they personally speak to the parties involved in a meeting room.
They have to be very prudent with their inquiries. In France, if a horse is disqualified it is declared unplaced. In other words, if the 1st horse interferes with the 2nd place horse, the 1st horse is placed dead last.

point given
10-07-2007, 11:38 AM
tell me about it. I put a pretty penny on the 2nd palce finisher to win.

however, I will wait all day long to see the look on "the crews" face when they take the race from them

Tough, very tough beat. I feel for you bro, go get ' em in the PM. GL

gIracing
10-07-2007, 11:42 AM
Tough, very tough beat. I feel for you bro, go get ' em in the PM. GL\

ah, it is what it is. win some loose some. I can think back toa race a churchill where I came in 2nd and the winner got DQ'ed for absolutly nothing and I brought home a 20 dollar winner so it evens out

point given
10-07-2007, 12:03 PM
Boeff @ 8/1 gets me live to the 2789 :eek: Wish me luck in the cavalry charge ;)

46zilzal
10-07-2007, 12:33 PM
This CLOWN has gotten away with gross cheating before, why should this race be any different? Crossing over 5 lanes on any surface is grounds for the big DQ.

cj
10-07-2007, 01:14 PM
Despite coming in, tough to argue the horse cost any of the others a position. I'm not sure of the exact rules in France, but there can be little doubt the best horse won the race.

OTM Al
10-07-2007, 07:46 PM
Zambezi Sun was the horse he caused to move the most, but the jock on that horse took Fallon's side. He may have caused interference with Soldier of Fortune as well, but had that jock complained he could have cost his barn the win. It was aggressive and I think it would probably get a take down about 50% of the time in the US, but he was still the best horse there. Youmzain might have been 50-1, but look at his form and tell me if he doesn't look a perfect underneath horse? Hope they both show up at Monmouth (O'Brien has already said if ok, Dylan will be coming) cause that will be the easiest bet of the day.

Gibbon
10-09-2007, 05:21 PM
Victor Chandler, one of Britain's best-known bookmakers, is understood to be one of a group of bookies arrested during the Arc de Triomphe meeting at Longchamps on Sunday for illegally taking bets..... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/columnists/columnists.html?in_article_id=486494&in_page_id=1951