PDA

View Full Version : USC Goes Down to Defeat

melman
10-06-2007, 11:35 PM
They lose to a 40 point underdog at there home field. Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh must be having a very enjoyable night. BTW due to injury they had to play a new QB who was playing his first game at the NCAA level. That should kill off any title dreams of USC for the year.

kenwoodallpromos
10-07-2007, 02:14 AM
If USC won by 30 the Stanford bettors still win? Why make a spread that far apart?
Being from NorCal I love it when the Northstaters beat SoCal teams!!

46zilzal
10-07-2007, 12:07 PM
I can't remember a college season with so many of the big teams losing. Texas, LSU, Mich on and on.

melman
10-07-2007, 12:19 PM
LSU?? they are still undefeated after winning a great game with FLA last night. This was Stanford's first road game of the season and they were playing without there starting QB. The fill-in QB was seeing his first action and went 11-30. John David (no Heisman) Booty however did throw 4 picks in the game. Think this was more of an upset than App State over Michigan.

DanG
10-07-2007, 12:23 PM
I can't remember a college season with so many of the big teams losing. Texas, LSU, Mich on and on.
Finally reaping the rewards of limiting the power teams in terms of scholarships. The playing field is more even than ever and that is only good imo. :ThmbUp:

Of course seeing USF spark this town has certainly influence my opinion. The structure of college athletics is so completely corrupt by nature; anything that gives the little guy a chance is fantastic.

Nothing like seeing (pick a traditional power team) stockpile 9 blue-chip running backs and telling all of their parents that they will start. When they go to transfer after realizing they will never play the NCAA makes them sit out a year before “approving” a transfer. :rolleyes: Can you imagine if MIT tried this approach with top math students? There would be a line around the world of legitimate lawsuits. :ThmbDown:

46zilzal
10-07-2007, 12:51 PM
Must have seen an intermediate score. I was UP late doing photo finishing to almost midnight after doing camera work for 8 T-bred races!

Tom
10-07-2007, 02:49 PM
Hey mel, 5 for 5 on 4th downs!
There aren't enough hamburgers at MacDonald's to use up all those onions! :lol: