PDA

View Full Version : ESPN coverage/Breeders cup

rolling
10-06-2007, 08:41 PM
ESPN coverage of horse racing sucks immediately after each race it is straight to commercial.I can cleary see who won but like know who 2nd 3rd 4th.Most people play the ex,tri,sup.Put the dam order of finish and payoffs in a reasonable amount of time.ESPN coverage of the breeders cup will suck even moore if they use those stupid purple saddle cloths.PS Jerry Bailey shut the ****up!:mad:

point given
10-06-2007, 09:07 PM
ESPN coverage of horse racing sucks immediately after each race it is straight to commercial.I can cleary see who won but like know who 2nd 3rd 4th.Most people play the ex,tri,sup.Put the dam order of finish and payoffs in a reasonable amount of time.ESPN coverage of the breeders cup will suck even moore if they use those stupid purple saddle cloths.PS Jerry Bailey shut the ****up!:mad:

Perhaps it was trying to covere 2 tracks, but they sure fell short yoday. OTOH, last weeks coverage at Belmont was much better. What really po'd me was when Teufelsberg was puulled up during the race, the jerk director cut to that instead of the race. :mad: It was horrible with all the breakdowns, and made more so by their coverage of it. I didn't catch whether or not they mentioned about the safety of polytrack, as i was turning the sound off alot, did they ? Bailey is also getting to be a bit much as well. I used to enjoy listening to Gary Stevens alot more as his ego is a bit smaller .

Drift
10-06-2007, 09:16 PM
I've always liked their show. But when they started this Win and Your in series with this new yahoo it has gone downhill. And the sound, my God, people, can't they get the sound fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

turfnsport
10-06-2007, 11:22 PM
It would have been better if Stammerin' Hank had the bad microphone and Caton's worked.

I thought Jeanine did a good job. You could see she was upset after the paddock incident. She was in a tough spot today.

The saddle cloths were tough...even in HD...I found myself looking over at my desk on the TVG monitor and checking out the chiclets.

With the injuries and the Snake Charmer, a real downer.

MikeD

Tom
10-07-2007, 12:17 AM
Just hope there is no little league baseball on BC day......:bang:

RaceBookJoe
10-07-2007, 12:45 AM
......or woman's bowling . To be honest, I would rather watch a crappy horse racing production than no horse racing at all. Maybe it's just me, but if I was running a horse racing show (espn,tvg), I would try to get interviews with guys like Beyer, Davidowitz.....guys who know the sport. I at least enjoy Randy Moss on espn over the other guys they have. Hell, even Shrup and Rudolph give me better laughs than the first episode of Caveman.
A lot of the problem with the shows is that they try too hard to make every story a 'human interest' story and not a racing/handicapping production. I would much rather hear how a horse has been prepped and why it should be ready for this race as opposed to that the horse got his name in remembrance of the owners cousin's goldfish who had diabetes and had to be put down the day after Christmas.

JohnGalt1
10-07-2007, 10:12 AM
My frustrations with NBC and now ESPN's BC coverage is not posting all the pay offs and leaving them on the screen long enough.

I go to my local track on Friday and put in all my BC bets and watch the races at home.

When I win a race I have to scramble to write down pay offs especially if I'm fornunate enough to get the win, exacta, tri, or super. And they don't list pick 3's and 4's pay offs at all. I wrote ESPN last year to request what my opening sentance stated.

If I win a pick 3 I set the ticket aside and check the computer after the last race.

Tom
10-07-2007, 02:27 PM
No one at ESPN of NBC is aware that there is betting on these races.:bang:

OTM Al
10-07-2007, 07:37 PM
I have to say that trying to watch the races in France today reminded me once again how, despite the fact that things could be done better, we are fortunate to have TVG and ESPN coverage. We were supposed to see the 3 big races plus the handicap afterward on the NYCOTB channel. They advertised 9:30 to 11:30 to show the races. It kicked on at 9:30 with odds but no picture or sound, but instead an ad for BC day at Arlington Park. The picture showed up in time to see replays of the finish of the Prix l'Opera about 10....ok at least we get to see the Arc and the rest....nope. Did get to see the Arc, but long about 11:15 they decided to start showing the Belmont replay show and never went back as far as I could tell (gave up after the full Belmont replay show...). So yes, coverage could be improved, we all know that, but I have seen the alternative and it stinks.

Tom
10-07-2007, 08:06 PM
It is heartening to know that the gross incompetance of our sport is world-wide. Global incompetance! :p

SMOO
10-08-2007, 07:56 AM
No one at ESPN or NBC is aware that there is betting on these races.:bang:

Don't you know that you're just suposed to watch the "human interest" stories and watch the pretty ponies run? :lol:

Drift
10-08-2007, 10:01 PM
OTM Al, the problems with the feed from France had to do with the French not allowing/sending the feed. When we did get it, we first got the French and not English version-all just communication problems. HRTV replayed all that was given. Once we did have the correct version of the show, I am not sure how you can say their coverage is worse than ours in the US. Their sound works, for one. Their camera shots are FAR better than ours. It is so much better. The picture isn't as good, but maybe that is the feed.
ESPN was better on Sunday, heck Randy and Jerry managed to be funny again. Maybe they have a new boss that is a jerk and he wasn't around in CA.:D

A friend told me while watching Nascar that Ernhrt asked for the Redskins score while in the race. He was told the results and said "niccce". The Kenny chimed in and said, "What? Doesn't he want to ask who won the Arc? Well, I'll tell you who, Dylan Thomas". Or something like that...it was funny. My friend only knew what Kenny was talking about bc I was going on about it (even though he knew nothing about it). I bet most Nascar folks were thinking "WTF is he talking about"?

JustRalph
10-08-2007, 10:36 PM
I bet most Nascar folks were thinking "WTF is he talking about"?

some of us new what he was talking about................

46zilzal
10-09-2007, 01:08 AM
Frankly, I found last year's B.C. coverage so atrocious that I muted all commentary.

There are many in the audience that HAVE to know better than the announcers. They are so inept it is unbelievable.