PDA

View Full Version : Longshot Special: 5th@Suffolk~Oct.6

BombsAway Bob
10-06-2007, 12:05 PM
In this 6F claimer for 3YO's or 4+up who've never won three(clm.12,500b), I'm taking a flyer with fellow Fitchburgian Charlie A. on #3, DIFFRACTION... Claimed for 40 LARGE at Guflstream on April Fool's Day (Uh,OH!) from 20% trainer Steve Margolis,3YO DIFFRACTION has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING:confused: in 3 starts at Boston.
Methinks Charlie claimed him because he trained the dam, KAYLA'S A GEM, & may have trained the SIRE, HALO'S IMAGE at one point!
Pure Price Play in this spot, counting on YASOU MAGIC to POP :faint: @ 15/1 Here!
__________________________________________________ ___________

http://www.suffolkdowns.com/images/trainers/C_Assimakopoulos.jpgCharlie Assimakopoulos Assimakopoulos is the private trainer for his family's Yasou Stable Trust, perennially one of the most successful stables at Suffolk Downs. The Fitchburg native splits time between the racetrack and his breeding and training center in Florida. When in Florida, his son John runs the racing operation. Assimakopoulos previously trained for Arthur Appleton, Hobeau Farm and the Gatsas Brothers of Manchester, NH, for whom he was the original trainer of millionaire Gander, the James B. Moseley Award winner as New England's Horse of the Year as well as New York-bred Horse of the Year in 2000. He also trained local legends Prolanzier and Kayla's A Gem, both winners of numerous stakes races at Suffolk…Named the region's most outstanding trainer by the New England Turf Writers Association in 1991, 1993 and 1994...Tied for eighth in the 2006 trainer standings with 24 wins…Led Return Trick to top three-year-old filly honors in New England for 2006 a year after being named top two-year-old filly. Also had the top three-year-old filly in 2005 in British Event, who was named outstanding turf horse in New England for 2006…

BombsAway Bob
10-06-2007, 02:55 PM
:mad: FUGLY...the only word to describe his non-effort today! DYN takes a tumble leaving the gate, tossing the tepid fave out of the picture, & Diffraction STILL can't get the coin:ThmbDown: ! Worse yet, He wound up an underlay, as Early money wasn't very smart this time(Nor I). Sorry if you joined me in this failure; will try & get it back for you soon!-Bob