PDA

View Full Version : Marion Jones admits doping/lying

shanta
10-05-2007, 05:30 PM
Standing on the courthouse steps here in Westchester Marion is on the news admitting she used steroids and then lied to federal agents when questioned.

She is looking at some serious charges here. Hope eventually she gets her life back to spend with her family.

Richie

Greyfox
10-05-2007, 05:44 PM
The only sympathy I have for her is that she finally came clean.
Too bad she didn't come "clean" to the Olympics. I remember cheering so loudly for her. Effectively her performance robbed us the spectators and the ladies that ran the events against her without supplements. That is, if any were without supplements. I hope the Olympic Committee takes the medals back.
The influence of her blob of a husband at the time undoubtedly was present.

46zilzal
10-05-2007, 05:59 PM
Reminds me of the naive people who accepted the Chinese women swimmers coming from no where to the top of the heap all the while that past East German coaches (known for their chemical enhancement of their swimmers and screwing up their long term health by the way) became their coaches. The association of such obvious factors was missed, or just overlooked for a fee?

GaryG
10-05-2007, 06:10 PM
Reminds me of the naive people who accepted the Chinese women swimmers coming from no where to the top of the heap all the while that past East German coaches (known for their chemical enhancement of their swimmers and screwing up their long term health by the way) became their coaches. The association of such obvious factors was missed, or just overlooked for a fee?Those East Geman swimmers in the 70s were pretty scary. Muscles like a man and underarm hair as well...:eek:

Greyfox
10-05-2007, 06:19 PM
Those East Geman swimmers in the 70s were pretty scary. Muscles like a man and underarm hair as well...:eek:

Yes. And so were the women.:lol:

Greyfox
10-05-2007, 06:20 PM
Just kidding Gary. Those swimmers were blood doping. Wonder to what extent it's been tried with the horses.

harnesslover
10-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Standing on the courthouse steps here in Westchester Marion is on the news admitting she used steroids and then lied to federal agents when questioned.

She is looking at some serious charges here. Hope eventually she gets her life back to spend with her family.

Richie

not really serious.. Maximum 6 months if convicted.. She'll get slap on hand

so.cal.fan
10-06-2007, 09:53 AM
Really sad, because she probably could have still won without cheating.
However, who knows if others were using the same steroids?
I always thought it highly suspicious when some of the old Soviet Union block countries would have contestants who were "female" and yet they would beat our African American female athletes in sprint races? No way.
There probably has been much cheating over the years in the Olympics, and this is really sad. :( I always loved watching them as a child and teenager, but when it became obvious there was cheating.......I just lost interest. (after all....we are horseracing fans :lol: )

Tom
10-06-2007, 10:20 AM
Funny how a person can stand there - like she did in 2004 and lie through her teeth. She might be a good athelete, but she is a very small, shallow human being.

She belongs in the MLB Hall of Fame.

wonatthewire1
10-07-2007, 09:59 AM
she cheated (it is a human trait) and we all get angry?

A more interesting question/answer would be: is she giving back all the money she made by winning the gold medals (endorsements, etc)? Answer: nope. So yes, though a day of admitting something is one thing - being set for life financially is something else...

toetoe
10-07-2007, 10:30 AM
My only interest is in whether she will get as stiff a sentence as did Martha Stewart. After all, MJ is young and sexy, and Martha is, well, Martha. Oh, come on, people are telling me Sarah Frickin SILVERMAN is hot, so don't pooh-pooh Marion. Although she does have bressages so small, they're concave. :eek: Kelly Ripa Disease. :D

OTM Al
10-07-2007, 12:15 PM
Gee, maybe she'll have to give her medals back and they will give them to the 2nd place finisher, who I'm sure was clean......yeah.......

And that Sarah Silverman thing. I get it completely. She is not "hot" hot in her looks but rather she projects what some would call "attainably" hot. In other word, hot for guys who are realistic. They know they aren't going to ever touch a Pam Anderson type, but a Sarah S type is attainable....why the hell am I talking about this......