PDA

View Full Version : Healthy Intake

bigmack
10-04-2007, 11:19 PM
From the "for what it's worth file":

For quite a spell now I start each AM with a smoothie of orange juice, 1 banana, blueberries & flaxseed (sprouted). I change up the berries with others and every now & then throw in some wheat germ. The flaxseed intake really makes a difference - Good stuff!

I gotta tell ya, I feel better than James Brown.

Any other suggestions on beneficial plop-ins?

JustRalph
10-05-2007, 02:10 AM
1 ounce of Vodka added to above

find some omega 3's too...........

Tom
10-05-2007, 07:23 AM
Two scoops of vanilla ice cream.
For roughage.

DanG
10-05-2007, 07:23 AM
Where does coffee enter the equation Mack?

6-8 good cups before noon everyday since Get Smart was in prime time. If I could afford it I would have Juan Valdez grinding beans while I sleep. Mix in a glass of Grovestand OJ (extra pulp) and some good toasted Cuban bread from La Segunda’s and the morning is complete. :ThmbUp:

betovernetcapper
10-05-2007, 09:14 AM
I stick with the basics, ice water, a cup of plain oat meal and 2-3 cups of fresh coffee. If the day looks to be particularly unconfrontable I add a Hersey bar.

Tom
10-05-2007, 09:35 AM
Where does coffee enter the equation Mack?

I load up my shower head with fresh ground.
Doesn't everyone?

DanG
10-05-2007, 09:41 AM
I load up my shower head with fresh ground.
Doesn't everyone?
LOL! :D

You get the patent Tom, and I’ll be your first customer!

GaryG
10-05-2007, 09:51 AM
I gotta tell ya, I feel better than James Brown.If you didn't it would be time to worry...:eek:

chickenhead
10-05-2007, 10:42 AM
You're getting some good stuff there mac, but some protein is good to keep the blood sugar in check. Throw some yogurt in there.

Greyfox
10-05-2007, 11:34 AM
I gotta tell ya, I feel better than James Brown.

I would hope so. James Brown is dead. :lol:

JustRalph
10-05-2007, 12:08 PM
I would hope so. James Brown is dead. :lol:

But he Feels Good!!!

bigmack
10-05-2007, 01:59 PM
:lol::lol: You ruffians are a credit to the industry!

I had a feeling that JBrown line would elicit colorful responses.

DG - Juan Valdez grinding while you slumber? Don't forget to leave his donkey a carrot. I pulled the plug on coffee about a year ago and haven't really missed it. It wasn't some health choice I just grew tired of having to have it.

Chic - That's NOW thinking. I forgot about yogi and the blood sugar aspect. Will do. Of course I could plop in the two scoops of ice cream as T vouches that it provides roughage :lol:

It was a dopey thread to start but I wanted to herald the benefits of sprouted flaxseed. If you haven't, give it whirl. :ThmbUp:

GaryG
10-05-2007, 02:07 PM
It was a dopey thread to start but I wanted to herald the benefits of sprouted flaxseed. If you haven't, give it whirl. :ThmbUp:It won't make my head look like Barry Bonds will it? I didn't take no stereos...

bigmack
10-05-2007, 02:32 PM
It won't make my head look like Barry Bonds will it? I didn't take no stereos...
The only side effect I've read about are ButterBean Styled ManBoobs!

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/butterbean.jpg

Greyfox
10-05-2007, 02:48 PM
I take a small dab of bacteria every morning that I'm growing on bread.
I've done that ever since the Doctor told me that I lacked culture.

46zilzal
10-05-2007, 05:34 PM
We would all be stone cold dead without commensal bacteria. Digestion, vitamin creation de novo, protective mantels......none of them would be working without them.

So many young mothers forget that in overprotecting their children. One has to have a 'dose' of them.

Tom
10-05-2007, 06:44 PM
I've done that ever since the Doctor told me that I lacked culture.

I've had a few dates tell that same thing!