PDA

View Full Version : My Twin Spires account

betovernetcapper
10-04-2007, 06:12 PM
I do virtually all my betting with PTC, but I still have accounts with other ADWs including BrisBet. I bet enough with them last year to get videos for the next few months. Anyway, I clicked on my BB account today and was greeted with

Your wagering experience through BrisBET.com is now more rewarding than ever!
You have been automatically enrolled into the best rewards program in racing, the Twin Spires Club.

Every time you wager through BrisBET.com you will now earn Twin Spires Club points that can be redeemed for valuable prizes, rewards, and privileges. Twin Spires Club also offers a very lucrative VIP program.

YOUR NEW TWIN SPIRES CLUB ACCOUNT #:

TWIN SPIRES CLUB PIN #: XXXX (Same as your previous TSC PIN)

You can use the above Twin Spires Club account number and PIN to log in to XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX to view your account activity, member benefits and redeem your points for terrific prizes including wagering credits

One would think that having a homepage entitled boycotttracknet.com would give them a clue that I don't want anything to do with TwinSpires.

Someone else mentioned that he also got an unsolicited TS account today, so I'm guessing this will happen to a number of Bris customers. You think this will show in in CDHN's end of year reports as some kind of phenomenal growth spurt for SP?

Spendabuck85
10-04-2007, 07:36 PM
And if you wager $6,250 on a CD owned track or $12,500 on a non-CD track you will earn 25,000 points which can be redeemed for a 3 pc ashtray set.

rrpic6
10-04-2007, 08:03 PM
This has been in the works since CDHC purchased BRIS a few months ago. All AmericaTab ADW's customers are being notified. Twinspires.com most likely would have flopped if not for this takeover.
RR

NoCal Boy
10-04-2007, 08:25 PM
It will be interesting to see what the handles at twinspires.com will be in the 3Q. The name itself certainly does not inspire a younger person to get excited about joining and I doubt the features of their website are anything to write home about. They needed ATab and even then one wonders what happens once open access comes to fruition. Eventually winticket and brisbet should be merged into twinspires for one ADW. Actually xpressbet should be consolidated as well. A marriage between TVG and Youbet would work as well since Youbet contributes so significantly to TVG's revenues through the sublicense fees.

Imagine the cost savings if these ADW's did not have to market against each other in such a significant manner? What would the advertising savings alone be if TVG and Youbet were one?

prospector
10-04-2007, 08:54 PM
yea, i got that today as well...

i bet a few bucks everyday to keep the video on..

i don't think i'll dump PTC for points on books...
cash talks...points walk..
PTC rules..:jump:

betovernetcapper
10-04-2007, 08:56 PM
Imagine the cost savings if these ADW's did not have to market against each other in such a significant manner?

I'm imagining-I'm imaging that with the savings they would up the offer of a 3 piece ashtray set to a 3 piece ashtray set with a book of matches.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa62/beherethen/book-of-matches-on-black-thumb31352.jpg

kenwoodallpromos
10-05-2007, 11:57 AM
Many points for few rewards! Only 1 ADW in Ca lets you bet NYRA.

horses721
10-07-2007, 09:28 AM
It still amazes me that most people on this board blame tracknet for the ADW difficulties and leave TVG blameless. TVG will give you their exclusive signals as long as you are happy not making a dime on it. If you had a business, would you make an agreement with a competitor if the competitor allowed you to sell their product but wouldn't allow you to profit from it? That is what TVG is asking for for their content. You can have it, you just can't make a dime off of it. Tracknet is offering the better compromise between the 2 sides. TVG just won't give in since they own the valuable New York signal. Maybe others should wake up and realize this. WHen the exclusive deal with the NYRA ends, I'm sure TVG will be more than willing to compromise.

betovernetcapper
10-07-2007, 11:25 AM
It still amazes me that most people on this board blame tracknet for the ADW difficulties and leave TVG blameless.

Cancer and AIDs are each bad diseases, but saying something negative about one shouldn't be taken as an endorsement for the other. They both should be wiped from the planet.
This thread happens to be about TrackNet-TwinSpires. If you want to do a thread on the evils of TVG, please start one. Hell, I own the domain name boycotttvg.com, and if you real don't like TVG, pmail me.
BTW this is one of the reasons. I'm not crazy about Crapnet...ops sorry TrackNet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zItx-8T0Wng

chrismc
10-10-2007, 04:17 PM
Word has it that in 2008, NYRA is considering not to be an EXCLUSIVE TVG TRACK.

This is due to their proceedings regarding ownership and sale of NYRA and expanding their own content signal.