PDA

View Full Version : Baseball playoffs on the Internet?

njcurveball
10-03-2007, 03:44 PM
Anyone know of a site to get the radio feed for the playoffs. It is just a clueless thing for MLB to try to charge for audio at the time of year when people could actually get interested in baseball. Millions at work now listen to the Internet, in case they have missed that.

I am glad to pay $80 for MLB TV to see every game, but $15 to hear audio for the few games I am at work is a bit out of line on my value radar.

Anyone know of an overseas site to get audio?

thanks in advance,
Jim

DanG
10-03-2007, 04:46 PM
Anyone know of a site to get the radio feed for the playoffs. It is just a clueless thing for MLB to try to charge for audio at the time of year when people could actually get interested in baseball. Millions at work now listen to the Internet, in case they have missed that.

I am glad to pay $80 for MLB TV to see every game, but $15 to hear audio for the few games I am at work is a bit out of line on my value radar.

Anyone know of an overseas site to get audio?

thanks in advance,
Jim
Geez Jim that sucks, don’t tell me your missing your Phil’s today. I wish I knew of a feed, but no dice.

njcurveball
10-03-2007, 04:49 PM
No luck with the local feeds Dan. I have tried a number of other cities with no luck as well.

Many sports stations are saying things like "Oh, I can't believe Hamels crossed him up." as they are obviously watching the game while they are on the air.

Just boggles the mind that baseball has a chance to get some interest from a captive audience at work and tries to make money off of it.

But we should know all about that as Horse Racing fans. ;-)

OTM Al
10-03-2007, 08:28 PM
I'm surprised you can't find an ESPN radio affiliate. They are broadcasting the games

njcurveball
10-03-2007, 08:41 PM
I tried about a dozen of them today, not one on the Internet had the game.

I believe you are thinking about on the radio, which I am bringing one tomorrow.

For example, on 1210 in Phila, they have the game on the radio. Yet on the Internet today was Sean Hannety.

Can you point me to a link with one you know works?

thanks,
Jim

point given
10-04-2007, 08:08 AM
On yahoo sports , they have a running screen shot for each game which will take you along visually pitch by pitch w/ graphics. stats, etc. was using it last night before i found the tv channel the game was on.

njcurveball
10-04-2007, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the tip. I have used that often with Fantasy baseball. I also like the one on MLB which gives you the pitch speed, break, and location.

I was interested in hearing Harry Kalas without having to bring my radio to work.

It just boggles the mind that they censor the entire country in the hopes of making $15 on this.

I was hoping there was a foreign web site like Armed Forces radio that had a link someone would know of.

thanks again,
Jim

skate
10-04-2007, 02:45 PM
how about a small tv.

then you could charge for a peek.

the msnbc thru puter should work.

njcurveball
10-04-2007, 02:51 PM
the msnbc thru puter should work.

Huh? The games are on TBS?

That also is not a channel you get with a TV here without some cable attached to it.

I guess bringing a radio is the only answer. Thanks.

njcurveball
10-04-2007, 03:26 PM
I found a great alternative!

TBS HOT CORNER on MLB!

Everything but the play by play.

skate
10-05-2007, 12:52 PM
I found a great alternative!

TBS HOT CORNER on MLB!

Everything but the play by play.

well, with no play by play.
i hope they at least add up the score.:eek:

njcurveball
10-05-2007, 03:51 PM
well, with no play by play.
i hope they at least add up the score.:eek:

I found it a very enjoyable show yesterday. The in studio girl is a babe and listening to Marzano and Leyritz (mostly Marzano) was very enlightening.

They give replays a few minutes after the action, so it was good to see all the home runs.

I liked the dugout cam as well. They also have a home plate cam which does not move. BUT it is easy to see what is happening if you know the game.

Not as enjoyable as Harry Kalas, but much better than the computerized score keeping stuff. :ThmbUp:

skate
10-06-2007, 07:07 PM
sounds good

Ron
10-07-2007, 11:04 PM

You could just not look at the picture on your computer. Are you saying that you already pay the $80 for MLB.TV?