PDA

View Full Version : Michael Pizzolla's Seminar in a Box

banacek
10-02-2007, 06:37 PM
Has anyone bought Michael Pizzolla's Seminar in a Box. I know there are some fans of Michael's here and some who aren't very impressed, but I'm considering this package. I don't want this to turn into a Pizzolla-bashing or Pizzolla-loving thread, I'd just like some calm honest feedback from those who have seen the materials.

I'm a sponge for handicapping material and with so few new decent books out the last few years, I feel like getting something new. I've used some of Michael's concepts and have done well with them and would like to hear more - and from what I have heard previously on this board, he does stand behind his products and will refund if not satisfied.

If you have the package, a couple of questions:

I notice it has 14 DVD's. Are they DVD's of seminars he's given? How long are they? And anyone who has the package, were you generally satisfied with what you got?

And if you have any of the other packages, I'd be interested in any feedback on that as well. Much appreciated.

Lefty
10-03-2007, 11:46 AM
I bght the Advanced Mastery Course. I think that's the one just before the one you spk of. I Iearned a few things. I don't remember how long the dvd's are. Michael, is a great speaker;you have to give him that.

Maxspa
10-04-2007, 12:20 PM
Banacek,
You might want to wait until "Black Magic"- Michael's new State of The Art program- is ready for sale. I've heard that sometime in the spring it will be available.
Maxspa

Greyfox
10-04-2007, 12:25 PM
I feed my gold fish everyday.
Yesterday, I fed them at the left side of the tank and they all swam over there.
Today, I fed them at the other end of the tank and they all swam over there.
It was the same food both days. It was just presented differently.
Are horse players like gold fish some times?

banacek
10-04-2007, 06:43 PM
Banacek,
You might want to wait until "Black Magic"- Michael's new State of The Art program- is ready for sale. I've heard that sometime in the spring it will be available.
Maxspa

I understand the thought here, but I'm not really looking for software (yet), just some handicapping insight.

banacek
10-04-2007, 06:45 PM
I feed my gold fish everyday.
Yesterday, I fed them at the left side of the tank and they all swam over there.
Today, I fed them at the other end of the tank and they all swam over there.
It was the same food both days. It was just presented differently.
Are horse players like gold fish some times?

I get your point, Greyfox. But I don't really have anything from Pizzolla (except his book). I don't want to buy all of the things he offers, just one - and I'm curious what people who have seen the packages would recommend. But judging from the lack of response, apparently not too many have seen them.

Lefty
10-04-2007, 07:02 PM
Banacek, like I said, I have his Advanced Mastery Course; some great ideas from him and others. I would sell it for half priced as a used original.
E-mail me if interested.

Niko
10-06-2007, 03:43 PM
My personal opinion is that he's very good at packaging ideas that have been around a while in new ways and then charging a lot for it based on his name and hiring good advertising copyrighters.

One of information marketers tricks for getting big money...add a DVD set to a book so you can charge $200 or more instead of the $47 or $49 you can charge for the book. It's good to see a DVD and see the person....

After all, how long can we push 3rd off a lay-off as being a good angle...

That being said, I think he can help players and he puts out good products based on his ideas. But there are other excellent sources that are a lot cheaper